Video card check for dx 11 Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hegsheoshed, Jan 17, 2024.

1. tUVDALLE New Member

the device supports DirectX 11.1. Even though it supports DirectX 11, the feature level is only 10_1, which can be problematic with many DirectX 11 & DirectX 12 titles.

im guessing most of my issues lie here then and my only 2 options are to buy new computers or cancel my subscription(s) ? Guess i'll wait a week or two hoping they remedy this before i cancel anything. Wish they would of rolled out this terrible idea before i bought 3 copies of Laurions Song. Sneaky, sneaky.
  2. Trubruh New Member

I had exactly the same problem, some people bought new graphics card, but I found a way to bypass the DX11.0 and you still can play with your original computer. hit me up on Everquest4newbs@outlook.com and I'll be happy to use your current computer without buying a new comp/gpu!
  3. tUVDALLE New Member

so post your fix then
    Zingo likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Does it involve sending money to a Nigerian prince?
  5. Trubruh New Member

nah 2 kronos though
  6. Hobie Lorekeeper

Can a Dev tell me why my GeForce 1030, which EASILY supports (and runs) up to Direct X 12 is getting this fatal error? My desktop worked fine until the patch, my ancient laptop can run (very, very slowly) eq without this fatal error. This is on your end, EQ, not mine. Please find a fix or a work around. Thank you.

PS. I'm easily running direct X 9-12 on Warcraft without issue.
  7. Febb Augur

Uninstall the driver for your video card, reboot, and then install the latest driver for your video card.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

FYI this has been on the roadmap for awhile, back in July they called out DX11 on Test.

I really wouldn't sweat it, you can easily get used 780ti or later gen comparable for like ~$50-$60, the specs are still generously low given the min. requirements are a decade old GPU.
  9. Tiemet SaiRaevon

Also having same problem,really hope they fix this soon.
  10. Hobie Lorekeeper

I thank you for your help, but still a fatal error (got rid of the drivers, reinstalled).
  11. DuckLai New Member

My Sony notebook and my sister's ASUS notebook can not play too.
    Both the Intel VGA card(one Intel HD Graphics 3000 the other one don't know)....OS:Win7 & Win10 ALL show the
    same message.
    "Fatal error: The game can't run on any GPU that your system has (0) because they don't support DirectX 11.0"
  12. newc322 Lorekeeper

no, they cant. they have been aware of issues since patch and have said nothing. oh except the joke of a response a few posts above about moving this to a different section on the forums. chat channel/friend list issues, graphics bug issues, fatal errors, stuttering/fps/lag issues, gamma/enhanced vision issues, filters issues and they have done and said nothing. absolute GD joke.
    mercury890 and CatsPaws like this.
  13. Madeni Elder

Run DXdiag,>Go to the display tab> right side, feature levels(2nd to last line) if it starts with 10_ You are SoL without upgrading your computer
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have 3 computers, all have no problem with DX 11 or 12 or even 9. Still cannot see to play. There is nothing to upgrade, been there done that.
  15. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

I posted issues I am having along with many others having problems too, Not even as serious as yours,,, and other than, "Confirmed" to placate us, has not made any attempts nor posted any info. on a solution. Many players more than not depend on being able to tab out to desktop and research quest, tasks, etc... or just to tab out to another boxed toon...This is a serious setback for their bottom line.. Now, not being able to tab out to desktop is a definite game changer for me, Literally.. Just canceled my full access accounts (Plural)..
    It was a run EQ.. 20+ year cash cow sighning off...
  16. Demiie New Member

Have the Devs acknowledge this terrible roll out yet ?
    kevvlar likes this.
  17. Cairbrae Developer

It's more certain to check your graphics adapter by running dxdiag on your computer. Simply run dxdiag and click Save All Information. This will create a file named DxDiag.txt. In DxDiag.txt look for a line like this:

Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1

Now specifically, EQ checks the D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL returned from D3D11CreateDevice() for each accessible adapter on your system. This error dialog happens if none of them support at least D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_0.

I haven't seen a false negative from DirectX yet. If you send me (PM here is fine) your Logs\dbg.txt file, I'll be happy to review if with you.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. newc322 Lorekeeper

honestly the only major issues im having is my chat channels never working. sometimes they work when i log in but then within minutes stop working. sometimes upon zoning they will briefly work again for a couple minutes but then stop again. i have minimal stuttering while running around playing but that can be solved for me by simply cutting back the clip plane, but i shouldnt have to change a single GD setting with this computer i have. i just dont understand how they break SO MUCH with one half cocked "update" and then just sit back and say they might fix with a future update. arent they embarrassed at what an absolute garbage job DPG is doing with this game right now ?
  19. Hobie Lorekeeper

Apparently, HDMI is now incompatible with EQ. For a fix disconnect HDMI cable. Swap in DVI cable instead (plug into correct port). Now try EQ!

Don't forget to like to upvote to keep this at the top so folks having the issue can easily fix their machines. If it worked, give me a high five! I'm back in EQ!
  20. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

That's definitely not a real fix for anything. Maybe your own video card has a bad HDMI port. If it was me, I'd swap video cards with a different make and model to see what happens.
    At the stage of video processing where the signal is fully formed and is sent off through the outputs to a display, it is beyond being able to affect EQ or any game.
    Also, modern cards lack a DVI port and instead have DP and HDMI only.
    Anyway, I just assumed it was an eye ess boxer problem, and that's why both my machines run EQ just the same as before.