screen is so dark now after update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Christopher12821, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Christopher12821 New Member

today i logged on after the servers came up after the patch today on 17Jan2024. the gamma no longer works and my screen is so dark that i can no longer see many things in the game. i was wondering how i can fix this? this is a terrible update if it removes gamma
    Histamine likes this.
  2. Histamine Journeyman

Def an issue, have to crank my display brightness up to be able to see well. Nvidia RTX2060 Driver 536.99
  3. Christopher12821 New Member

my gpu is a nvidia 1050. unfortunately i have cranked screen brightness to 100% and its still too dark to play.
  4. laller Lorekeeper

still searching for the old options to make it brighter feel like that 1 game of trone episode
    Lineater likes this.
  5. thantoas New Member

is it gamma or maybe a texture issue?

For me Pok is fine, but other zones are pitch black almost...I think it is a texture issue on my end...but it is very dark in some zones...
  6. Christopher12821 New Member

For me every zone is nearly pitch black
  7. Chaoslayer Journeyman

Lots of people I have spoken to are also having the darkness issues. I have two computers both with different video cards that everything is dark but playable. I logged in on my wife’s laptop just to see and it is so dark I would not want to play on that not that we use it for EQ.
  8. Lineater Augur

If you use a custom UI make sure it's updated. "Gamma slider" bar in display options changed to "enhance vision" bar. I hadn't updated Sparxx and still had the "Gamma Slider" bar which didn't do anything (stayed at 0 and didn't increase brightness).