Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Feochadan the Savior, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Immortalus Lorekeeper

For what it's worth useLitBatches=False made no difference on my system ( Nvidia RTX-2070, i7-9700 8 core and 64 gigs of ram ).
  2. Heijoshin New Member

Cannot log any toons into Guild Lobby, they just consistently crash at the final steps of loading in the zone with a EQGraphics.dll error. Happens on all 3 systems without fail. Return home button does not work on any toon located in guild lobby either, so any toon that was camped out in there is now stuck there. Not that it really matters since the game is not even playable right now.

Think we all should get bonus time or a krono added to our subs for this if it is not reverted in a reasonable time! We are paying customers for a product that you just broke!
    mercury890 likes this.
  3. Domniatric Augur

Following the patch...
    1. FPS has significantly dropped to the point where my performance as a player is crippled.
    2. I logged on and could barely see my hand in front of my face. After adjusting tweaking numerous settings I got this improved but it is still WAY worse than it was prior to the patch and nowhere near where I'd like it.
    3. In raid last night I had numerous times where I got into a stuttering graphical lock up type of situation that rendered my character unable to play for like 15 seconds or something. Which can obviously lead to an entire raid wipe given certain mechanics.
    I'm sure this stuff has been posted but I am not scouring the forums to check. Why is this kind of stuff even being rolled out? I don't understand it. It is being sold as an improvement but it is the exact opposite.
    TB_AB, Koshka, Warrior187 and 6 others like this.
  4. Heijoshin New Member

One idea to fix this is do the same thing you guys did for the botched new UI rollout. Give us a drop down in the advanced graphics tab to select between DX9 and DX11 (and Vulkan =P). Insert a bunch of cases in the code to switch between the two implementations based on the user selection.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. Kudladar New Member

Looks like the refresh rates aren't being saved either. Each time you log in it defaults to 23hz which is horrible.
  6. Febb Augur

What operating system are you running?
    What is the make and model of your video card?
  7. Valcron Elder

Anyone think they will actually get fixes out this weekend for this?
    mercury890 likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't want bonus time or Krono. I just want it to work so I can see. :cool:
    mercury890 likes this.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

Not seeing these issues at all on any of my PC's I play on 4 different ones with 2 different OS. All older though, maybe thats they key.
  10. Hegsheoshed Augur

Deleting your eqclient.ini will set your logging to /log off. Lots of other things like edited key settings. Just a little heads up for people trying the deletion of the eqclient.ini.
  11. Rrowzing Journeyman

FOLLOW UP: Intel Iris Xe onboard graphics on an HP laptop

I let the game generate a fresh eqclient.ini (I renamed my current one.) This COMPLETELY resolved the video issues I was having.
  12. Frozen Math New Member

The Fix: Set your max FPS to 60, and your background FPS to 60 (or lower) This isn't a FPS you don't need more than that. I don't care what system your using, 25 year old code is going to struggle rendering 250fps. Also, ensure that you have your advanced settings set correctly. For issues with gamma, this isnt 9c anylonger, use the windows gamma tool. Make sure your drivers are up to date. If your using Nvidia I suggest turning off ambient occlusion and image scaling as well. You can also go ahead while there and make sure DSR is off as well. Sorry if you have AMD, have hated their bad drivers for decades so dont use them. Don't know what to look for there
  13. Shay Apprentice

Yes. Up to 2 minutes of "Preloading...Blablabla". Not just at login, but now EVERY zone is "preloading textures". So, if the game was "preloading zones" and "pre loading character textures" -- then WHY is it doing the same thing on EVERY zone?
    And I lagged so bad in raid tonight, I could barely move.
  14. Valcron Elder

I couldn't move at all as well, was real rough
  15. SCSB New Member

Please rollback the patch and deploy at a later date once the bugs are worked out of it, or allow selection of dx9 option instead.
    issues: Frame rate issues especially in populated areas and raids, dark/gamma, full screen no longer minimizing/restoring
    mercury890, Amex111, Cloud739 and 2 others like this.
  16. Perihelion Journeyman

Yeppers...Screen locked when switching camera view and resulted in being unable to loot an infrequent spawn :-(
  17. Angahran Augur

So we are meant to overload our windows gamma to eyewatering levels for everything apart from EQ just to be able to see in EQ?

Maybe DBG should fix the gamma problem in their code?
    Nennius and Kazh like this.
  18. Drizal New Member

I knew there would be people who delete their eqclient.ini without backing it up first. Please read my post again. If you delete it and lose your custom settings, fetch it out of your recycle bin and figure out what YOUR custom settings are and put them back in. If the game goes back to stuttering after you put your custom settings on, it's on you not the game. Game default eqclient.ini has fixed 2 PC's in my house.
    Fanra likes this.
  19. crunch New Member

This is terrible if you are in ls seems almost ok anywhere else is terrible. this is the reason that games go poof.
  20. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Update for me: Setting useLitBatches to false fixed the low framerate on my new computer. Replacing the graphics card on my old computer got rid of the fatal direct x error.