Anniversary Tower ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

And to toss out a compliment. Kudos to those who worked on the Year of Darkpaw. I enjoyed this month's installment and I am looking forward to the rest. Thank you.
    Ozon likes this.
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

You get coins for the kill stages as well as completing the mission. It's easy to miss 'cause you only get the coins in your inventory the first completions if you put them in your alt currency. For me, completing the key and tower twice was 30 coin total. With the collection, too, it was 40 coin.

Though I was surprised it was only 5 kills total in the tower with 3 for the key.

I was pleasantly surprised a group with one 122, four 108, and a merc (the 122's healer) had no issues with the tower mobs even though they scaled to the 122 when she zoned in, even after the others were already in zone. They were scaled to the lower ones when they went in first then re-scaled when my 122 did. But, they were easily dispatched with no deaths, even when one of the 108s pulled first, the first hits he took did not kill him. My 122 is a beastlord, the others are warrior and necro with boxed cleric and enchanter. The 108s were even able to land spells on the mobs. (We all completely forgot about Lesson, but that would only work for the first mission because of the 1 hour request timer for the tower quest.)
  3. Gialana Augur

I don't have the charm, so I don't know if the stats are terrible to begin with. However, the 0 stats is a quirk of items that change stats based on character data. Unless the item is in your inventory, you won't be able to find out what the actual stats of the charm will be for your character. You can also see this if you make an item link of your equipped charm. If you then click on the item link and click the modified/unmodified button, it will show only the stats of any equipped augments.
  4. Snowman Augur

this charm is going to be like the ldon aug - bye the time we do the final quest in december the charm - or the augs will be really good
    Ozon likes this.
  5. Nightops Augur

Just in time to make it worthless again with all the new gear from the next expansion.
    Amex111 likes this.
  6. Anjanax Journeyman

Wow, they nearly hand out a 15k hp/mana item and it isn't useful for the next 5 years.. how dare they. so you are wasting like 15 minutes every month just to raise its stats.

With the TBM augs the non visible items are close to raid gear (assuming you can buy different ones as time goes by and more floors are unlocked) and its still not enough for some people.
    Tatanka likes this.
  7. Tuco Augur

Dumb question: can i just swoop in this December, steamroll the tower and get all the rewards? Or is this a limited time offer or time gated in some way?
  8. Nightops Augur

Comparing the level of difficulty with the reward, I would be expecting something to change.

Will each floor get harder? Will they change the aug slot so you cant add in TBM augs? Will the vendor sell weaker base items for the other slots in the months ahead?

Lets be honest, as it is now (when maxed), the charm will be better then the NoS raid tradeskill charm. If they do continue to add a non-vis slot item each month with similar base stats as this charm (with type9 aug slot), they are basically putting out a no-trade chase item each month which can be obtained by every character at very little effort. If they haven't completely destroyed the value of killing hunter list named mobs by now, they sure will have by the end of the year.

I can't wait to hear from the 'casuals' about which floor they get stuck on and how it isn't fair or how much plat they have to pay to get a TA spot to run them to the top floor in December.
  9. Anjanax Journeyman

Yes, my thoughts were also about the TBM augs if that is intended or not.. as of now, the items will be very strong.

It might get harder, but right now even a cleric can solo/molo it and it is a group mission, not a single task. Also if it gets harder.. you can use your new shiny non visible items you are got from the former floors, paired with T1 LS group armor/weapons it should be enough power to make it doable.
  10. Tuco Augur

Me too! Selling task adds to heroes are forged in December paid for all the kronos I'll need for the next couple of years.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Alnitak Augur

It appears that the gear sold by that merchant will be some part of the reward. That means you may be interested in accumulating timeless coins by December. And since the tower tasks have lockouts and the key disappears once the mission is complete and needs to be repaired again to request the mmission it may be useful to put that routine on your to-do list and a "filler" for the months to come.
    Also, the mission rewards with 18-19 AA and easy enough to use to top-off AA's for the alt horde.
    I plan to put it on my weekly routine for my alts.
  12. Tuco Augur

Is it reasonable to assume our ability to accrue these timeless coins will increase as more content is released? I'm just imagining blitzing through all twelve levels in December and getting coins dumped o me.
  13. Alnitak Augur

I am not sure about increase of coin rewards. For comparison - Anniversary coins just trickle in after so many anniversary seasons. Every season there are missions rewarding 5-15 coins even though the mission level increases. Similarly - TBM, TDS, CoTF missions reward more or less evenly regardless of mission difficulty (TBM and CoTF reward scales with group level, but not with zone Tier, at least not strongly correlated).
    And the cherry on top - the roboboar sells for 357 Timeless coins. I doubt they'll "dump" coins on you even in December, to keep the special rewards like boar at 357 still being relatively expensive (like 2000 anniversary coin mounts).
    My crystal ball prediction - no timeless coin windfall, just a steady farming.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering if each new mission will award more coins than the previous mission(s). If I'm gonna have to waste time getting a key every time I want to do one, I'd rather waste that time for missions with better rewards.
  15. Jonk New Member

I bought one to check. The charm has no stats in inventory as well.
  16. Riou EQResource

Probably, but the collections go away after each month which give 10 currency each
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This is no different than looking at augs in the Bazaar. There's no way to know what the stats of a non-maxed aug will be for you, without buying it. I know this from experience :)

You also can't filter for charms in the Bazaar using the "hit points" filter, because they are all treated as 0 hit points.
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. alanus Augur

Yeah, I noticed that, too. With TBM type 9s, the charm is only marginally worse than LS tier 2 raid gear and it's non-prestige. I doubt it was intentional.
  19. Alnitak Augur

20. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Tower aesthetically looks very cool. I really love the design of this type of areas like Laurion's Inn where there's this mystery behind the door.

The actual mission is a tremendous disappointment. The tuning is fine, and everyone should be able to complete it without issues. However, five mobs in a small room is something I expect from a game as a proof of concept to show the systems work and not from a 25 year old game.
    Fuelforfire and Velisaris_MS like this.