It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jan 10, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curley Journeyman

Could we have a way to better sort spells within the spell book itself? The UI is horribly outdated and it would be nice to have a way to 'stack' spells and songs, for example single target clarity line on one page, group versions on the next. Same with symbol, Brells, Mez etc.Or just a way to only show only selected spells through some sort of favourite or tick-box system.
  2. Sortas New Member

Hello, can you please open Agnarr to GoD or OOW please? There are so many Players i spoke with the same wish. Its would be a blast if we could have a new expansion on Agnarr.
  3. Taladir Augur

In 2016, the development team went back and enabled old models for goblins, skeletons, spectres, orcs, etc. in classic zones on TLP servers. I'm wondering if the team would consider doing a second pass to finish zones that were missed, such as Lavastorm.

Likewise, the team made several passes to take out of era items out of the game and restrict them to the eras they should be in. There are still many items such as old research components, epic 1.5 pieces, and. starting in PoP, ornaments, that are dropping out of era. Would the team consider another pass to clean them up?
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  4. Kramzilla New Member

Two questions:
    Any chance the fantastic class fixes you're implementing could be done more retroactively? On TLP's there are long stretches of time where some classes feel pointless to play. (Example, all casters in the 70-80's range, and some melee (monks, rogues) in the 90-110 range).

Could there be an xp buff, similar to the legacy buff, that grants a small boost to XP for each Alt Persona you have at the current max level? So for each max persona you have, you gain a bit more xp. That'd be swell!
    Dre. likes this.
  5. Caziar New Member

I have a dozen questions but just going to ask the main ones here.

1. Are you planning to continue the fables into more current content? I believe it stopped at PoP, would love to see some of the older content hit like a truck and have some of the older items modernized.

2. I know you hear this a lot, any plan to make grinding personas any better? I have leveled 2 so far to 113 via grinding but so far its been very slow. I do like the system so far.

3. Related to my first question, earlier on in the game there were items that were class specific, even plane of time and GoD had items with unique procs and stats, any plan to add items with that feel back to the game? I know its probably easier with the formula that gives items of certain levels soandso stats but would love to see items that were thought out specifically to each class brought back. Any plans to do anything like this in the future?
  6. Taladir Augur

Could the team look at the longstanding bug where player helms will not show on old models unless they are taken off and put back on each time you zone? I know it's been around at least since 2015 when Phinigel launched.
  7. stevenstonge New Member

I wish to remain on a solo path. Can you make such items as our epics etc so they can be earned by a solo character? Maybe it takes a year, maybe a collection of rare items but all of it could be soloed, not easy, just able to do alone.

Thank you
  8. Petalonyx Augur

Any plans for a bard/enchanter adps archetype mercenary? What about allowing players to hire a 2nd mercenary simultaneously? (This would go a long way toward helping some solo-unfriendly classes that lack healing and tank.)
    Curley and Kentrobarta90 like this.
  9. stevenstonge New Member

Maps! Zone maps! Maybe make a quest for the maps of zones without maps? Could you also look into the "save map" option not saving after zoning or logging out?

Thank you
    Jack likes this.
  10. Shalom Quillmane Bane

First of all I want to thank the EverQuest development team! Without you guys and gals EverQuest would be nothing more than a memory.

Question
    I understand the development team is small and a lot of the players do not know how much effort changing one line of code can be. Could you give us a rough estimate of how you prioritize development time in the following categories? What percent of time is allocated to creating content for new expansions, what percent of time is allocated to fixing exploits, what percent of time is allocated to developing rulesets for new TLP.

This is probably too "inside baseball" but if the community understood this they would stop asking for ridiculous things like changing how age old content works (perfect example, see post following mine) in order to modernize it. These sort of things would take internal testing and QA that I do not believe is allocated to the EverQuest team. Changing something like how many buffs you can block is probably updating a database value and something achievable by the team etc...
    Ravanta Suffer and Innate like this.
  11. fransisco Augur

Many classes have spell lines that are completely worthless. They are never used. Some are well known to be BAD to use. Mages have nukes that are proven to always be inferior. However these bad spells are given upgrades every expanson. An easy example is the ranger hp buff. Every other hp buff of its type is clearly superior (cleric/merc, druid, and even paladin).

Could the worthless buff/nuke lines be culled? Or otherwise changed to not be worthless?
    Using the ranger hp buff example, while it can't have more hp than others, it could have something else. What if it gave a 20k DS, or a small accuracy buff. Nothing game breaking, but something to make people consider it.

The idea is to make many of the bad spells useful, versus always being bad to use.
    Ileasa and Ravanta Suffer like this.
  12. pogigod12112 New Member

I have a question about weapon damage and threat.

It is well known that threat from attacking a mob is not based on how much damage you actually do. Example, you can tank Emp SSRA or Seru without a bane weapon and still have the same threat as if all your "misses" were hits.

Does increasing your +attack actually increase your threat or is threat generation based on the damage on the weapon itself, and your attack rating has no bearing on threat generation? This is purely threat based on Melee attacks, not procs or anything else.

Following up on that, does weapon bonus damage have any effect on threat or is it only base weapon damage.
  13. Cimbaeth Elder

Ok imagine yourself as a dev and then read these questions. LOL.

I think part of the charm of EQ is knowing some of the ancient bugs, the way different classes are limited, and little quirks here and there.

That being said, if I had any questions it would be about upcoming and exciting developments, I have no complaints.

Will we ever get a new class? (probably not)
    Will we ever get a new race? (probably not)- but-- Mermen? An underwater starting city? hehehehheheh
    Will there ever be a expansion that uses Zebuxxerokk as a... herald of changing a time line again? Plane of Time, The Void, and ?
    Will the "once programmed but never actually made live" class illusions ever become a thing?
  14. filthytlpplayer Elder

1) If you had a blank check for development budget and an unlimited amount of time, which systems would you most like to overhaul/modernize? What makes these systems "poorly designed" or challenging to work with, and what would the mid to high level redesign look like? (Please answer from both dev and player perspective, lessons learned, etc)

2) Maybe the wrong team, but we've seen some hints about EQ3. Is there any chance that while it is still in design phase Daybreak might try to solicit some player feedback along the lines of "Hey we're thinking about doing this in EQ3, discuss" as opposed to doing everything behind closed doors? Open and transparent design and development would be a huge win for community buy in if y'all committed to it (and followed through).

3) What are the fundamental content design tenets that EQ follows? Can you walk us through how a feature like alternate personas is conceived, iterated on, and eventually is approved and implemented at Daybreak?

4) What are the definitions of the different values of spell_class and spell_subclass in the spell data file? For mage bolt nukes, for example, the fire bolts are spread out among 3 spell_sublclasses (5, 19, and 51) and I've always wondered what that was supposed to do mechanically.
    Kentrobarta90 likes this.
  15. Toukan Augur

Tradeskill trophies : Maybe a swiss-army one? Let us combine the finished trophies into one item.
    Tyranthraxus, Ileasa, Lubianx and 9 others like this.
  16. Angered Ogre New Member

Will you ever do class balance for TLPs... Enchanter charm pets > all in terms of dps + tanking....

Any plans on beefing up classic-pop? New quests? Raid item revamps? Group gear revamps? NEW RAIDS? New zones?

AA Tokens?... The catch up on TLPs can be harsh! Why not sell AA Tokens that auto grant every expansion except the current one? Also sell another token that auto grants the AAs the current expansion.... I would also make these tokens tradable.
    Kentrobarta90 likes this.
  17. EQbud Augur

Are there any plans to expand Overseer beyond Faydwer and special events?
    All the extra commons just keep slowing it down. It would be nice to know if they have a future use or if they need to be convereted. Expanding to Antonica would even allow for a 5th tier (Legendary agents?) for Naggy, Vox, and others.

Please either add separate trophy tabs for tradeskill trophys and combat trophys or perhaps an option to save trophy sets that works similar to saved spell sets.

This won't affect many people, but it would be nice to add Heart Shard of the Statue to Hrenvy Bloodyhand, the Torment of Velious raid merchant. It could be locked behind Conqueror achievement since that is required to be able to use it.
    Ileasa and Kentrobarta90 like this.
  18. Eagle New Member

Few things:

1. Will there be an Epic 3.0? If so, can they be different then the basic weapon, I mean like an weapon that you could use for a long time instead of just doing it and checking it off your list for that class.

2. If there is an Epic 3.0, could it be something more specific for each class, ie Ranger - Bow.

3. I'm sure it wouldn't be possible because of coding, but any chances of missions from LDON and lower be able to do them with 2 or 3 group members instead of 6. Especially for higher level people wanting to go back and do some of them that they missed to check them off?
  19. Rolac New Member

A couple of questions:

1) How about a recipe/quest to combine your 7 primary tradeskill bonus items that are maxed level (Smithing, Jewelry, etc) into a single trophy with all the skills at the 15%. Maybe a Grandmaster Crafting Tool?

2) Would it ever be possible to have pets auto-equip the pet toys if you hand them the bag? Recovery after a death takes a considerable bit of time and next to impossible if you are in combat. Even if it was just for Armor and Heirloom bags and only out of combat would be useful, since weapon bags have too many options.

3) You have given us upgrades to items such as Blood Drinkers Coating, Janns Veil, Emperor Ganak Familiar and mounts. How about an upgrade to items from the quests in Frontier Mountains for the Book of Obulous, Honed Wurmslayer, etc.? Those quests were a nice way to get guilds involved in helping their members back in the day.

4) Mages have had Call of Hero for ages. Isn't it about time the teleporting classes get something similar if in the same zone, like teleport self/group to a selected group members location? Would be an interesting addition to Wizards and Druids and give them a nice utility spell.
  20. cryptastix New Member

For any class that has a pet, can you let it shoot arrows if you equip it with a bow?
    KarmaKitty, fransisco and Palladia like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.