It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jan 10, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikollo Augur

Are there any plans to review and revise rules/events/gameplay for TLP's? In partciular

Holiday/anni events - There's no indication as to whats available on TLP's. A good example is doing a Christmas quest where only 2 of the 3 quests were available. TLP's never know if zonewide drops are available etc. A simple UI that auto updates as expansions release listing what events are available would be helpful especially for anni quests.
    Also on this topic there are a lot of non-game breaking, cosmetic only portions of these events/holidays that could be available at the start. When these things come around on TLP (especially early ones) there's really nothing to celebrate. Holiday events should be locked to holidays not expansions.

Fabled - These always release to late to have any kind of effect on a TLP other then being frustrating. By the time they release the gear is out dated and only serve to make it harder on people who farm the normal items. If possible they could be revised a little so TLP players can utilize the gear.

MotM - While I understand why this is a thing the buff lasts for entirely to long. One expansion later most people have already moved on. Two expansions later the gear isn't relevant other then maybe a clicky. MotM could be revised to be removed one or two expansions after its current. It would allow people to farm clickies or serve as a catch up mechanic for guilds that may need the gear.

Housing - Consider moving housing closer to PoP. This is a great feature but most TLP's dwindle before many can utilize it. The previous argument was storage but we have dragon hoards, depots etc. Plenty of storage already. We don't need anchors or anything so early. Just housing to play with.

Custom guild halls - See above.

QoL aa's - Transquil blessings, persistent illusions etc. Non-game breaking aa that could be moved forward in a TLP life span. Making them available earlier would be more fun.

QoL spells - This one will be hit or miss. For years in a new TLP we are casting single target buffs that later in the game become group buffs. An example would be ferocity or shamans sloth lines. Maybe adding group versions a little earlier would take out some of the tediousness.

Fellowships - Another great feature. Add them in earlier but don't offer the empowered versions for the buffs.

Marketplace - Give TLP's a full marketplace. It would add more flavor at the start of a TLP. Block any mount/illusion buff that may be over powered. Adding more items earlier on would = more money for you and more options for us.
  2. Pikollo Augur

Are there any plans to utilize any kind of reclaim system? An item we can buy from the marketplace that would allow us to reclaim LoN/Marketplace/Beta items to use for other chars or other servers?

As an example for myself I originally played on The Rathe. I have beta items, original LoN items (from the campaign as well as loot cards), Marketplace items. These items just rot on The Rathe because I am no longer there. But I'd be willing to pay to have these items go back to my claim window where I can claim them on my current server.
  3. Elenderil Lorekeeper

I feel like it would be rude not to ask some questions now you have opened AMA. So here goes.

1. When I am bored I often wander around old zones from Classic, Kunark etc to remember what things were like back in the day, usually I'm the only player there. Are there any plans to create reasons to revisit these zones? Collectibles, new quests, forage items perhaps. It just seems such a waste to have all those empty zones.
    2. Graphic updates. Some classic zones received a cosmetic make over years back (I'm thinking N & S Ro, Commonlands etc). Why was this not continued to all the early zones? I can understand that there is little financial reward to DPG in doing this but it would be nice to have newer terrain rendering (without changing the geography). How much do you estimate it would cost both in monetary and man hour terms?
    3. Alacrity potions. These top at at Alacrity 10 why has there been no higher level alacrity potions introduced (either vendor or player made)? Do you consider the haste currently available via potions to be as far as you want it to go?
    4. Are you interested in further clamping down on the use of third party automated play. If not is it because you consider the current level of policing sufficient or for some other reason?
    5. Last but not least what was (or is) your favourite unintended feature. Mine was the UFO's in North Ro before you fixed the cloud effects there.

Thanks for creating the chance to ask questions it is much appreciated.
  4. Kendiian Monk

I have afew basic questions
    • What is get name based off when creating a character ?
    • Do you need to get 60 on blue to find out your primary info and what is primary info ?
    1. My guess on where to find your primary personal information is ; it based off ping, dns suffix or IPv6 ?
    Last but not least does account name matter ?
    I hope this helps players stop worrying about things and helps everyone continue to have fun.
    Kentrobarta90 likes this.
  5. Valcron Elder

Question - For Wizards Beams, the recast time is okay, but do you think we can get rid of the Blindness? No other AOE's do this in the game
    Yinla likes this.
  6. cryptastix New Member

I know This isnt a big deal. But i play an enchanter as a main.

I can bind wound my mercenary but I cannot bind wound my pet for some reason.

will this ever be changed?

Edit #1:

This would be for all pet classes, so they can bind wound them.
  7. Paladin Augur

Stick Figure illusion. Can we get one?

I like most of the ideas, in particularly the ones I did not edit out above.

However, as for #18... I like that one A LOT! Might I suggest they be added to find as a 'Zone Connection' -- like the portal stones in PoK?

How about a Shadowman illusion?

And maybe some story arc about / related to Shadowmen and their origins. I have always felt that animated armors where actually Shadowmen wearing the armor....

I am curious as to why certain items had their Tradeskill tag removed when, they are, in fact, used in at least one recipe? Such as Shattered Crystal, Stormwatcher's Stone, Alabaster Beak (used to make Glazes) and others? Sure, these pottery recipes they use a special combine device (Glaze Mortar), but other skills also have variant combine devices... to include Tanaan vs. Not Tanaan, Cultural vs Universal and so on.

I mean, after all, restoring the TS tag would let us put the ones we have in the TS Depot.
    KarmaKitty and Yinla like this.
  8. Kenuven Lorekeeper

What does it actually cost to bring down servers for an update? Why are updates only done once a month? Bug that have constant annoying and detrimental effects are left in game even after they've been solved because it's not "monthly patch day." More frequent updates would actually boost the desire for a lot of people to play and subscribe.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  9. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Can you:

#1 Add a command for /hidemodels familiars? Many of us don't want to see 50 stupid little pets running around everywhere we go. They do nothing except exist as visual spam. Especially that stupid santug claugg familiar. Bah humbug.

#2 Increase buff blocks? First of all, we would like to be able to block an entire buff line. If I don't want credence, I definitely don't want virtue... Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, we need more buffblock slots to be added. We should never have to click off buffs cast by players that our class doesn't need. But there are so many buffs and burn effects that it's a real nuisance. It is especially problematic for people that play in early eras where buff slots are so limited.

#3 Do away with the augmentation distiller system? This was originally thought to be a "plat-sink", but the reality is that nowadays it is nothing more than just one of the hundreds of things that make EQ annoying, tedious, and not fun. Nobody on any server cares about the small amount of plat it costs to buy a distiller or even a new augment in most cases...what we find annoying is the hassle of having to keep buying the stupid distillers, or keeping them in our inventory, or even worse having to run to the stupid NPC to buy yet another type 3 augment.

#4 Better yet, can we just do away with spell augments entirely? Stuff like eyes of life and decay and restless ice augment are great. Spell specific irae such as irae faycite shard of "make your spell do 2% more damage" are bad. Bump all spells by the amount of the irae and let's just call it done forever!

#5 Add a "hits-mode" option for nukes, dots, and heals? Hits-mode for melee has been a thing for years, and it's great. If a person wants to set a small window to just scroll only the numbers of those hits, they have been able to do it for a long time. In the upcoming patch, we are finally getting a fix to critical spell and heals, so we can filter them all to a specific window now. Adding a hits-mode option for nuke, dot, and heal damage would be absolutely awesome!

#6 Give necromancers, magicians, and beastlords pet greater hold by default?

#7 Sink all boats, fire all nexus scions, and replace them with translocators? It is 2024, let's just do away with these absurd time-sinks.
  10. Kilzadi Not an Uber

Why do gate spells still collapse before we can step through them? After 25 years, 125 levels, and 70k+ AA's, I'd like to think that we've had enough practice and are good enough in the arcane arts to be able to cast a level 4 spell without it failing. Simple low level solo gate spells and group evacs seem to be the only one's that have this issue while much higher level group ports and translocation spells do not. There is an AA ability that stops spells from fizzling, so why isn't there an AA that stops portals from closing early?
  11. Lilfella Elder

Spell and AA development has been largely predictable and non interesting for the last 8ish years. What kind of daily tasks keep the developers in charge of these functional areas busy throughout the year that only copy/paste/+11% upgrades get pushed through each expansion?
    Valcron and fransisco like this.
  12. Zandas69 New Member

Can you please consider maybe a once a year moving characters from paid account to another paid account? Additionally, a one-time server transfer off FV per account?
    Mesil and HerdingCats like this.
  13. HerdingCats Journeyman

Being able to join a returning or new player on your main, literally grouping with them but without removing their ability to gain exp, was one of the best features of EQ2. You can sortof do that with shrouds but it's very awkward to do so.

Can we please copy the mentoring system from EQ2?
    Kentrobarta90 and fransisco like this.
  14. HerdingCats Journeyman

QoL question: Can we please get a "vendor trash" flag for items that aren't tradeskill items, and a "sell all trash" button? For example for all those diamonds that are not used in recipes.

OR

Can we have an overlay on items in bags when you have the vendor/merchant window up that would tell you how much the vendor would pay for each item?

It takes forever to find and sell all the vendor trash after a long hunt, especially if it's a zone you had never done and there are quest items and vendor trash that seem familiar.
    Andarriel, CambarDenten and Dre. like this.
  15. Eilelyen Journeyman

Can we add more active spell buttons to the spell bar? or have a secondary with the same amount to store all our buffs separate from the main bar being used? As an Enchanter we have multiple spell guards, we do not have a spell which casts all our buffs together (this would be really nice) and NPT is there any ideas on making this a group version spell or make the buff last longer than say the 19 or so minutes?
  16. Toukan Augur

Utility Proficiency...why are these skills even still in the game? Every two years you raise the level cap, and if we want this box checked, we have to mess with (for the first time since the last level raise, because these skills are not used in the game anymore) Begging and Bandage. If you don't want to remove them at least stop raising the level cap on them.
    Can we please get an improvement on /follow? And can we please stop designing tunnels and hallways and cliffs with obstacles put there specifically to frustrate folks that use /follow?
    Thank you
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

For the last 24 years I was able to log in full screen, when will we be able to once again log in full screen?
    Jaguarjpalt and FishWaffle like this.
  18. Muligan New Member

In honor of the Year of Darkpaw and with the success of tlp's in addition to classic games, could the Agnarr server be considered to be moved to Free to Play? This would be a great server to also implement as others have posted some Season of Discovery type events. You could also offer numerous cosmetics, mounts, and other items to maintain the expense and I would even say profit.

Would be awesome if original zones could also be added to this server.
  19. Muligan New Member

Is there a chance of a "remastered" Classic EQ?
    Kentrobarta90, Dre. and Valcron like this.
  20. Cidran Augur

Any chances somehow we'll ever be able to access the original, pre-revamp zones for Freeport, Commonlands, Desert of Ro, Oasis of Marr, Steamfont Mountains, Nektulos Forest, Lavastorm Mountains, Highpass, Toxxulia Forest, Ocean of Tears, Bazaar and others I might've missed? :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.