Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tuco, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Devs provided multiple xp routes including overseer, collects, merc/partisan achievements, and mob xp. Missions seem to be a route to get 1 level quick and easy, by doing it yourself or through taskadds, but hardly the optimal source for 5 full levels. If they wanted you to grind missions only, they'd either make more or reduce the lockout.
    That's pretty much an optimal group for heroes are forged.
  2. fransisco Augur

You are really going out of your way to pretend that mission exp was never been exp. You're kinda embarrasing yourself at this point.
  3. Evurkvest Augur

On test atm:
    Mobs summoning instantly fixed everything :)
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Allayna Augur

A tone deaf response to the issues in the mission.
    fransisco, Fenthen and Velisaris_MS like this.
  5. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Curious, does the spider summon the first person she agros every time she reactivates, and does the lich summon someone every time it warps? The lich already summoned near the end of its life if you took too long, like the last 5%.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Summoning in this mission is a bad idea based on the warping of the mobs. Spider for example can either stay in the room she webs up, or will clear aggro and warp to the forge/ramp area, and then runs towards a "random" (whomever had some DoTs?) person in the group. Now you're saying she will warp and summon the bard or necro or something, when the tank had firm aggro before she went inactive.

Bad change.
    Xeladom, Metanis, Svann2 and 5 others like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I want a dev to come here and explain the reasoning behind making everything summon. I want to see what their logic is regarding this.
    Zunnoab, fransisco and Fenthen like this.
  8. Allayna Augur

9. Velisaris_MS Augur

10. fransisco Augur

nothing like making the mission harder after the first wave have completed it
    Fenthen and Thunderkiks like this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Typical knee-jerk, untested, unilateral changes we all know.
    fransisco likes this.
  12. Zunnoab Augur

I'm kind of baffled. Like, summoning is such a sloppy workaround to stop kiting, what on earth does adding it here accomplish?
  13. Tuco Augur

14. Ozon Augur

I am just here to blame a Pally!
    fransisco and Allayna like this.
  15. Shea Lorekeeper

I do not see "Glob of Slippery Slime" listed in any of the common item DBs. Is it possible this may be an item that would stop the Lich from warping around?

Has anyone on test been playing with this mission that can offer any insight on how the changes listed above effect the mission?
  16. Evurkvest Augur

At least the forum will be amusing when this hit live, that’s something. I’m glad i don’t have to do this mission again.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

[IMG]
    adetia and fransisco like this.
  18. Riou EQResource

should be an item to break the webs on spider boss
    Shea likes this.
  19. Zarkdon Augur

It's kind of a bummer, I still need 1 neck and I think that Heroes are Forged is more interesting to box than the one in Pal Lomen.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

The slime should be a 100% proc when tanking the slime boss, killing him too fast negates the whole theory of the webbing. Don't punish players for being good.
    Metanis likes this.