It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jan 10, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Variety Void New Member

I just have one question... Can you please make more illusion items? I have a collecting problem... but, I NEED an illusion clicky to look like Naggy or Vox (old school graphics and all). D:

Please and thank you <3
    Slinkus Minkus likes this.
  2. Exuo Journeyman

Why do shamans contain / can learn the knowledge of how to create an invisibility to undead potion but can't learn the spell (nor AA), seems kind of silly - that would be a nice addition :) & the ability to make the double invis potion.
    Barudin_Phinigel, Yinla and Nennius like this.
  3. Nerple New Member

When will the Darkpaw Clan join forces with the Splitpaw Clan to retake Splitpaw Lair and return Gnoll Supremacy to the fields of Karana and Lake Rathetear? I sense a deal with Splitpaw Commander and Kane Bayle to move Fippy Darkpaw to Splitpaw. He has shown so much ambition, guts, and big brass ones with his assaults on Qeynos avenging his native Blackburrow. That's exactly what whar attitude Splitpaw Commder will need rebuilding the Splitpaw Clan supremacy to the Southern Plains of Karana and later beyond!
    Hawfunk, Rijacki and fransisco like this.
  4. Exuo Journeyman

1. At the Baltimore Fan Faire, oh so long ago. I was promised Shadow Knights would get their parent class (necro) ability Levant (Evacuate self to safe point in zone}; do I have to wait much longer?

2. While we are at it, isn't it about time SK's can at least Cast Convergence, with an Essence Emerald?

Wish list...

We should be procing HarmTouch as a passive ability (it was billed as a class defining ability back in the day), and have a DeathTouch as a one off, perhaps even needing Glyph like AA's to restore it and a time out period for reuse (obviously say Rare / Boss mobs immune to the DT).
  5. Garadgari Journeyman

Can we get the Collectible sets rotated in the marketplace, please? HoT has been the only choice for some time.
    Thanks for listening!
    Kentrobarta90 and Slinkus Minkus like this.
  6. Raccoo Augur

If multiple devs are responding to this AMA. If you were given free reign/time/money to do whatever you wanted to Everquest, what would you do?
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Two questions related to the Personal Tradeskill Depot:
    1. Is there any chance that we could have the TS tools like Smithy Hammers, Needles, Planning Tools, and the like changed to be stackable (it could even just be to 2), so that we could put them into the Depot?
    2. Are there any plans to implement some way that we can use items in the Depot while experimenting?
  8. Kenuven Lorekeeper

Do you have plans to convert the flagging in PoP to achievements to alleviate confusion and issues on progression steps? There are limited number of hails after a boss dies and they can accidentally be wasted. Having a visual reference would ensure everybody knows where they are in the process.
  9. vroomanator New Member

Will you consider opening up the DB store to all it's non-holiday related items, ie metamorphs, nimbus', etc that have been absent for years?
    Kentrobarta90 and Barton-Vox like this.
  10. Prodigal Player New Member

Please can some of the older Store options be reviewed; things like Hero's Forge unlock being account wide and not per character, charge more DB fine and keep charging for the items, but make the option as a whole more affordable for what is a cosmetic feature?
  11. Ismel Augur

1st a request!

Can the April reward for tower please be 2 half coconuts that summon an invisible mount this would make me intensely happy!

and for my question I would like to know if there will be an alternative way for group players, to get LoS Devoted type augs now you removed them from raid trash and moved them to raid chest only? I see they are now back on trash mobs next wednesday very nice!
  12. Kalipto Augur

Any chance you'd be willing to address the glaring imbalance of DPS vs Utility across the expansions?

For example:
    • For the first 10+ expansions one class is exceptionally higher dps than any other
    • From RoF to nearly live, one class is ridiculously higher dps than any other and has some of the best utility in game
    • It's pointless to even be a dps caster starting at GoD and for the next 7-8 expansions
    I'd love for the DPS of classes to be a reflection of their overall capabilities. ATM, there is no rhyme or reason to the tier list. I mean, imagine playing a wizard from classic to live =(
  13. Mesil Lorekeeper

Will there ever be account-to-account transfers of characters again?
    And if no, why not? (you dont want our money?)
  14. TRISMEGISTUS New Member

Here is an idea which I think if it were created, would make the game a hell of a lot more appealing to many existing and new players:

Why not create a global PVP system using the resources you already have DarkPaw? I'll explain what I mean.
    Don't create a new PVP server, most people want to be able to PVP on occasions, not all the time.
    Instead implement a system where there is a PVP agent in each server which one can hail and register for a PVP, lets say 10 vs 10, but it could be any number.
    Use one of the smaller zones you already have DP, no need to create a new one, and once 20 people (10 vs 10) have registered for this PVP instance on multiple servers, a copy of the existing zone will be created and a COPY of the players will spawn in that separate zone, which will be automatically PVP and contain only those 20 players.
    They will be flagged PVP to the 10 people who are not in their group and the 2 groups will fight until the last man/woman/dwarf/ogre is alive and the that team wins.
    Implement some system of rewards or some special currency to the winners.

The main points of my idea:
    1. DP does not need to create a new zone just for the PVP, a copy of an existing zone will be created temporarily for that PVP instance.
    2. Player characters will be copied there, just like what happens in test servers, so when they die on the PVP ground it wont affect their real characters.
    3. The toons will be automatically flagged PVP against the players from the other group, so no need for new mechanics, just use existing PVP mechanics.
    4. make this server-wide, I honestly believe there will be numerous players from all servers who will make such an effort worth-while. at peak time there can be many multiple instances of the PVP area running along.
    5. Make characters fight against equal leveled characters, lets say you start with the last expansion, make a level 120-125 PVP system and you can expand on that with each expansion.
    6. Lastly, if gear is a problem, since different players have different gear levels, make it that when the copy of the toon enters the temporary zone, they have basic similar gear for all participants, so PVP will really be about group strategy and not level of gear.

DarkPaw, you already have all the resources to make this happen, nothing new needs to be created for you to implement such a PVP system and I am 100% sure it will be very popular.
    You can then present Everquest as a game with PVP zones and arenas.

Its not a bad idea. think about it DarkPaw !
  15. kizant Augur

Can you replace all character models with skeletons?
  16. Celithan New Member

Is there going to be an improvement on quality of life gameplay especially in the areas of water, broken quests, and solo content being actually solvable for characters at that level? Or just a clear path to being able to solo in new zones because playing in the new expansion practically takes raid gear from the previous expansion (maybe I’m just a baddie, but I’d like to be more social rather than trying to get best-in-slot from day 1). Oh, and can we get a 3rd party program policy that is more definitive? I know the gray area is where the money is made, but it would increase quality of life.
    Kentrobarta90 likes this.
  17. fransisco Augur

can you reduce the size of the hitbox for candlesticks in the guild lobby and in the bazaar?
  18. Exuo Journeyman

A, Can we get a keyring for our trade skill trophies? Sometimes I can't remember what one is called, if I have not used that skill in a while.

B. Maybe an inventory tab to place them (kind of like the Merc tab) to always have them with you, which would also have all their benefits on, as if they were equipped?
    Rijacki, Toukan and Slinkus Minkus like this.
  19. Janakin Augur

To follow up on the request for the bazaar. Can we create a new in-game marketplace that uses another type of currency such as nobles or something similar to buy and sell with?
    Kentrobarta90 likes this.
  20. The Brit Canuck Journeyman

Does Absor still SMASH?
    Yinla and Metanis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.