Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I just logged in on test, and frankly, I can barely see my UI, much less anything else. I want my gamma back. =(
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I'm in the opposite boat, the new option was an improvement. What are the details of your setup, including the number of displays you have active? I'm curious.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

My experience is weirdness. I logged into test and found crescent reach very dark. Still dark when I swapped from L1 persona to L120 bard. Then I did a new testcopy and it looks fine now.

edit: I take that back. When I logged off of bristlebane then test got very dark. Dont like this at all. This on a radeon 6700 xt if that makes any difference. Its really bad.
    Schadenfreude and Barton-Vox like this.
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Did you try the vision setting (need to use default UI, unless your UI has been updated already)? I would be interested in some screenshots. For me it is a significant improvement over the prior gamma option. I was not even able to play EQ in many zones if I had two displays active.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

IDK this time when I logged into test it seems fine. Either its a night and day thing or maybe there is a gamma control conflict between being on bristlebane then switching to test. If it stays like this then that will be fine.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I think I need to log in on Test after a fresh reboot. EQ has affected the gamma of my monitor for years. It's got to the point that when I log out now, I just drop to character select, so I can still see stuff.

It's possible that, since I logged out on Live first, that I was still in 'dark mode' from logging out on Live. I actually rebooted after I logged out, so I think I'll give it another try now.

Will report back!

ETA: After doing a fresh reboot just in case, I can at least see my UI now. After fiddling with my monitor settings some, it's tolerable. There may be other display settings I can change on my laptop. I'm actually not sure.

If you can tell me where to find the info on my displays that you want, I'll try to get it for you. Any port in a storm.

ETA 2: I just logged out to desktop from Test, and MY SCREEN DIDN'T GO DARK.
  7. Tolzol Augur

Did open raids Tuesday night and several people had loot lockouts from those events from farming augs and both chests did indeed pop and have loot.
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

On test or live?
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

Couldn't get this to do anything but I've nudged the desktop gamma settings up a little bit so I can at least see on Test.
  10. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Memoryforged weapons are probably under-tuned.

At the moment, they are a smaller increase in damage over LS t3 group weapons than going from LS t2 group to LS t3 group, which means they will be worse than next expansions T1 group weapons, unless next expansion breaks from the conventional stat progression of the 2nd expansion at level cap.
  11. Cairbrae Developer

If you're switching between EQ Live and Test, then the Live client may be changing your display gamma based on your eqclient.ini settings.

An easy way to correct your gamma after exiting the Live client (or other gamma modifying apps) is to right click on your desktop and select "Display Settings". This will launch Windows Display settings and reset your display gamma. Close settings.

Generally, to reset display gamma to system default, type "calibrate display color" into Windows taskbar search box. Select Next to navigate to the Adjust Gamma page. Select Reset. Select Next until you can select Finish. This settings tool has some helpful explanations, about gamma and display calibration, and the UX will vary somewhat based on your Windows version.
    Xeladom, Winnowyl, Svann2 and 2 others like this.
  12. EQ Dev Developer

The original post has had the above lines added. Additionally, Year of Darkpaw content should now be accessible on Test.
    Thunderkiks, Fanra, Janakin and 10 others like this.
  13. SteamFox Augur

Tides of Time zone connection still not on ctrl+f in North Ro
  14. Hobs Elder

[IMG]
  15. Fleebagg Journeyman

I love the zerker changes, however 15 minutes on mangling makes no sense. This would have made more sense at a 10 minute timer. This put a number of our abilities for burns on weird alternating timers as well as synergies/abilities with other classes.
    Xeladom, Hobs, Tolzol and 4 others like this.
  16. Zolav Augur

Flee is spot on, while I also appreciate the melee buffs, the reduction AA that takes it to 15 min makes no sense. The point of this mangling reduction was to bring it to 10 min, to line our discs up and to help our overall DPS. The two main things it gets paired with is Savage Spirit and Reckless Abandon, both which are 10 minute timers.

Again, as I did in a beta post I need to point out this is a 1 minute disc, not a 2, 3 or 4 minute disc. 10 minutes makes the most sense for what this disc has to offer in terms of raid logistics, overall damage and it would help Zerkers in small family raid guilds and the bleeding edge raid guilds.

Two final points, NO ONE, unless they do not understand the class/game or it is the LAST raid of the night is gonna hit this disc alone if a raid takes say... 18 minutes. They will save the timer for the next event. Mangling disc, like EVERY disc in EQ is made to pair up with other discs for overall synergy.

Thank you for taking the time to read.
  17. Allayna Augur

Guild management, no longer needing to manage type 19s...rejoice everywhere.
    Thunderkiks, Marton, alanus and 2 others like this.
  18. Juzam_Djinn Elder

Gotta agree with this, I just took a quick look in the same zone I was in on Live. It's nice to not have my eyes burned outta my skull, or my UI being all washed out, but that slider could stand to go higher.
  19. alanus Augur

Thank you!!
  20. SteamFox Augur

Mission has a 1hr request timer as well as a 30m replay timer. Do we need the 1hr request timer? Also completing the mission destroys the key and forces you to re-do the NRo key quest to run the mission again, is that intended or should it allow you to request the HA if you have the key achievement.
    Barraind, Fanra and Yinla like this.