Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Any hope of a pet-proc-lag fix?
    fransisco and Metanis like this.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Will a later raid maybe unlock them on the vendor?
    minimind likes this.
  3. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

True, I noticed the spidey consistently targeted my chanter upon re-activation, because dots were still ticking. It was never a problem because she had to run to the group due to not being able to summon.
  4. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

In the Nvidia control panel, under "Adjust Desktop Color Settings", there may be an option to switch between app control and Nvidia panel control of your gamma. I had luck playing with that in the past.
  5. Ravanta Suffer Augur

No, it would be over-powered. Pets can equip a lot of gear in several expansions that is too powerful for a person to not lose if the pet dies.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

That specific mission had a never-ending 5 min raid timer when on the last phase.
    fransisco and Ravanta Suffer like this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Anyone else experiencing significant micro stuttering? I have disabled Resizable BAR which seems to have stabilized the massive FPS swings (190FPS down to 8FPS). But micro stutters are worse.

Hardware is Ryzen 5500 and RX6600XT, 16GB RAM, NVME SSD Gen4
  8. Iven the Lunatic

Beside the extended pet interface, that is my favourite one:
    The lack of informations was and is a big issue. The whole spell descriptions should be revamped and adapted for consistency, bugs and missing informations but that would be another big project.
  9. Gialana Augur

In my testing with a Journeyman tank mercenary, this was mostly true but not 100% correct. While most of the statistics update correctly, the attack and consequently the maximum hit values are less than they should be at some levels. I only tested between levels 2 and 7 in Gloomingdeep on a live server by hiring a journeyman tank mercenary from Elegist.

At level 4, the mercenary that considers level 2 or 3 has an attack of 116 of 160. When it considers level 4, the attack is 118 of 160. In these three cases, it hits for a maximum of 16.

At level 5, if the mercenary considers level 4, it has an attack of 120/179 but has an attack of 125/179 when it considers level 5. In both cases, the maximum hit is 16.

At level 6 is when the maximum hit starts to decrease. When I was level 6, my mercenary that considered level 5 or level 4, had an attack of 123/193 and its maximum hit was 16. When it considered level 6, the attack was 131/193 and the maximum hit was 18.

At level 7, if the mercenary considered level 6, it's attack decreased to 126/208 and the maximum hit decreased to 16. When the mercenary considered level 7, it's attack was 137/193 and maximum hit was 18.

I checked on test, and the Journeyman tank mercenary now updates its consider level like the patch notes say. However, until you zone once, the attack ratings and maximum hits behave the same as outlined above for the live server. Maybe it's not a big deal, but it is a difference.

Interestingly, I noticed that when I leveled, the mercenary's Combat HP Regen could change, but not to a consistent number. Then the first time I zoned, the regen could change again. But then I found this also happens when I dismiss and rehire a mercenary. Even though I don't change level, and the mercenary is an even con, its HP Regen can increase or decrease by up to 5 (which is only about 3%) in the level range I tested. On test, the HP regen can change when you level. It can also change again the first time you zone after leveling.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  10. Angahran Augur

I'm looking at Rallos Zek Acolyte's Fortification and Acolyte's Fortification of Legacies Lost, as an example.
    Neither have any Lore Group listed so both can be equipped.

It seems to be saying that after the patch Rallos and LL will share lore group?
    If that is not the case, or if they are talking about different augs maybe it should be clearer?
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

Different augs, the augs that are lore group today, are changed to lore equipped group after the patch, which matches the way TBL and Anniv are for the proc (non stat) augs.
  12. Kalamos Augur

Lore groups do not apply to the "stat" augs. Stat augs are Enhancement, Assault, Stealth, Fortification and Strategy. This is related to the other 18/19s that have effects (Casting, Assaulting, Defending, etc).
  13. Gnomie Denser than most

Really was hoping they'd focus some on fixing some of the more significant bugs (Disappearing plat, Shared achievement AA's not sharing, etc) that Persona's are experiencing, since that's their "baby" for this recent expansion. Was also hoping for a reevaluation of some persona features to actually make it more worthwhile, such as possible un-shared lockouts, armory for armor sets to reduce the inventory clutter, etc.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Any particular reason why the Striking Gem of Reverie isn't ranged equipable? Ranger's haven't had a bow aug with a damage proc since level 115. The direction was supposed to be every level up expac we'd see a new updgrade. Then we were told there was a bug that was preventing a damage proc aug from being created for bows. Now that bug has been fixed and the health on target's target heal proc is what goes in bow? While we're grateful for the weapon damage portion of the aug as an upgrade, we are a damage class. Our weapon augments should have optimal damage output, heals are sub-optimal.
  15. DeadRagarr Augur

Why not just make it so the only option is to delete the item rather than remove it? Wouldn't that just make sense?

Pet_Given_Sword_01 -> Left Click -> Prompt opens -> Would you like to delete Pet_Given_Sword_01 Yes/no -> Yes = deleted item -> No = returned to pet slot.
  16. Soulbanshee Augur

As far as I have conjectured, a number of context menus are just shortcuts that are essentially running the slash commands (or the other way around slash commands are a shortcut that run the context menu function). If im not far off, a context menu thats just a shortcut for /pet inventory destroy <slot> wouldn't be too far out of line. The hard part is getting the code support for the item link > window slot/icon type deal and building out the UI elements.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm no longer sure what is going on now other than the issue is still there, pretty much.

I supposed I could start trying to nail down what is happening but right now I don't see anyone at Darkpaw asking me to do so, so I will just try to report that it needs to be looked at.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

- - The slimes will now drop a Glob of Slippery Slime.

What slimes? Ive only ever seen one slime at the start. Are there supposed to be others?
  19. Riou EQResource

they are timed adds if you leave the slime up long enough
    Svann2 and Allayna like this.
  20. Cairbrae Developer

I'm not sure what you're reporting either.
    Please send me (DM here) your Logs\dbg.txt file for when the issue is happening. Thanks!