Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Evurkvest Augur

Pets will use the gear with the highest AC. Mag pets come presummoned with gear that can have higher AC than the item you want to use, Most will use this for leg and waist slot.

Great change!
  2. Ashigaru Augur

No fix for the excessive porting of the Lich in Hero's Forge mission? Or the raid AE in the mission?
  3. Iuwene Augur

Got the fix for mercs loosing all buffs when leveling also in ? Or is that not going to be fixed ?
    Hegsheoshed, Thunderkiks and Allayna like this.
  4. Schadenfreude Augur

On live I run windowed with Enable Windowed Gamma checked and the Gamma slider at 68%. I checked Test this morning and even with the new Enhance slider at 100% everything is very dark.

My desktop gamma is fine as are all other applications. RTX 3070 with up-to-date drivers if that makes any difference.
  5. Zolav Augur

Haha, Nniki spell/grammer checked you all :D
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

So far (so big grain of salt) the Laurion Inn framerate issue appears to be much better than the lagfest on Live. This is with 10 players in the zone, I cannot say how it will be with 60.

Zoning still appears to be longer than Live, at times it isn't too bad, at other times it is quite long.

So, all in all, I'm seeing improvements in the graphics engine since my last report. One can hope that there are some more on the way.

Anniversary Tower has zero NPCs, but that might be intended since I was not in any quests or having any keys. Also, they may be added later. If we are required to take the stairs, I'm going to say again that someone at SOE/Daybreak/Darkpaw thinks our characters need more exercise since it seems common to create endless stairs and ramps we have to go up/down. Let me make clear this is not fun.

That's the Test server report at this time.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

That won't be fixed until they update the bag windows to the new UI, which is likely on a fixed schedule. At least I HOPE they're working off a planned window release schedule and not just randomly updating windows when they feel like it.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't see how any of these fix this cluster F of a mission and makes it more accessible for group geared players. You guys had a month to listen to feedback and make changes and this is what you came up with?
  9. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Seems orderly. Who wouldn't want to make sure they're breathing before they bag they're loot? :D
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  10. Ravanta Suffer Augur

One thing that comes to mind is being able to check if the pet you summoned 3 days ago has a fire or ice proc on it so you don't get yelled at when raiding mobs that fire or ice is bad. (underfoot for example)

Sure, you could kill the pet and summon a new one, but let us enjoy this nice thing. Not everybody has to like or even use something for it to be good. :)

I wish! That text seems to have been grouped with a specific mission.
    Keeden likes this.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Ok, so I just logged into Live server. And the Laurion Inn framerate is improved. With 27 players in zone. I'll try again with more players in the zone but I'm quite confused as to what is going on. Why would this issue suddenly improve itself?

The only thing I can think of is that last night's Windows Update fixed something?
    Metanis likes this.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Does this address the Raid-level AE damage which occurs on the Heroes Are Forged mission?
  13. Knifen Augur

Oh I see yall complained the raids were to easy, here we fixed it for you and made the group mission harder.
    fransisco and Metanis like this.
  14. Allayna Augur

I reported that the enemies do not summon UNTIL 2%, I did not expect you to make them all summon considering literally nothing summons but raid bosses and named in LS. Mobs that warp away or potentially need to be kited to get an achievement, should NOT summon.

The blob needs to be left alive long enough to spawn smaller blobs, there is a mechanic that makes you move him, hence it should not summon.

The spider warps away multiple times and then doesn't reliably reset to the initial spawn point, some times it does, other times it stays upstairs, hence it should not summon.

The lich warps non stop, hence it should not summon.

Shalowain has a mechanic that needs to be kited away by 2 players, which can be the MT if she aggros on something else immediately, like a pet, hence it should not summon.

This isn't the fix you think it is and you just made this mission 10x harder for the casual player. Guess I'm glad to be done with all the achievements and coin/aug/neck farming I need.

Thank you for fixing the Bidils raid in real time, I just wish there was better communication with the community as a whole as it was being fixed.

There is currently not a loot lockout for completing the raid, just the standard lockout, and then you get the loot lockout from clearing the base pop. Is this an intended change so that you can easily farm the base zone for luck augs without causing conflict on the following raid day request? I'm anxious to see if those that farmed luck augs this first week prevent a chest from spawning.
  15. jeskola pheerie

Awesome patch
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

This doesn't even touch on the devotee tradeskill pieces coming from only chests. Of the 6 raid chests I saw open this week there was only 1 total drop. That's going to average to about 1 per raiding week, meaning not even your full raid force will receive 1, even though most folks are going to want 2-4 of them.
    fransisco, Strumph, Metanis and 4 others like this.
  17. Gialana Augur

I'm wondering if the lich summoning will actually be an improvement to allow the tank to do some damage before the lich ports again, though maybe the tanked won't be facing the correct direction when summoned. It will also certainly be annoying if the group is too slow in killing the lich and gets mummy adds. Then will the tank be ping-ponged between the add and the lich?

As for the second of your points that I quoted, I haven't experienced this in the few times I've been able to get to Shalowain. But I also have the tank move on top of Shalowain and turn on auto attack when the lich is low health. If the lich is summoning now, that won't really be possible.
  18. Kalamos Augur

There is no way the Spider or Lich should be summoning in that mission. Any mob that ports to a location should not summon. I'm going to assume that those two mobs will wipe their hate list every time they port. Hopefully it doesn't work like Mean Streets though where the real Jak would summon after a port from residual DoTs rolling. As Allayna said however, the Lich does already sometimes summon when low health.

If I were to guess, this summoning addition is about Shadowlain, so the boss can't be as easily kited around as a method to avoid the echos.
    Slayed, Thunderkiks and Strumph like this.
  19. Tildoorf New Member

Pet inventory commands is a good change, but a dedicated pet tab like the mercenaries would be much better. They could add it to the pet window and not on the character inventory, its starting to get crowded up there.
    Risiko, Warpeace and Iven like this.
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Possible that the 'just logged on' you aren't suffering from a resource leak that would exist if you had been on for hours?