Pipe dreams for 2024

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Muramx Augur

There is an item in EQ you can do that with in one expansion. I remember getting it as a quest reward option when doing tasks for flagging Like TBS or something, been a long time. I don't think it ever caught on and I can see how it would be abused storing a bunch of them for a new expansion and then popping them all, kind of like the collections people abused this expansion.
  2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=113370 from COTF
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=118739 from TDS and TBM
    Achievement rewards
    Muramx likes this.
  3. fransisco Augur

It would be better for the game if they forced all achievements to be claimed when they do a corpse wipe when a new expac drops.
    Its healthy for people to play the new content, not just use stored up stuff then log off.
  4. Spacemonkey555 Augur

What are they gonna do, delete all the collectibles and collectible containers in existence every 2 years? Whoops, they can't, you can pay to win collectible containers, and they sold kronos that players traded for those collection sets in some cases. DPG is directly "complicit" in the collectibles xp storage method. Beyond that, there's really no difference between eating collectibles to finish leveling 20 minutes after server up and doing merc/partisan/hero and finishing in a day or two.

If you can't enjoy playing the game for your own achievements, no amount of changes will make you happy. Personally I'd much rather they spent limited dev time on more content than trying to make advanced/hard working/high roller players go slower. More content is the gift that keeps on giving, while starting a war against your own customers never goes well.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You play the game your way. Why do you care how other people play it, when it has absolutely no effect on you?
    Nennius and Allayna like this.
  6. hein Augur

I vote for this too - 5. Exp added to merc quests From RoS to NoS
  7. fransisco Augur

because those people level instantly and stop paying until there is more content. Which means the game gets less money which means less devs and less content. It HUGELY effects everyone .

I said nothing about getting rid of achievements. Just that the exp from them shouldn't be carried over when a new expansion drops. All the achievements should be claimed and the exp lost if the person is max exp.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think its mostly raiders doing this. They arent going to go F2P
    Allayna, Yinla and Tatanka like this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

1 - And you know this how?

2 - Say they did this, preventing those people from playing how they want to play. So, those people will now sub for longer? Or will they get annoyed at people forcing them to play a certain way, and just stop subbing? You have no idea.

Also: leveling != content. Many posted here that they finished the content before they even dinged 125. So, what's to stop them from unsubbing til next year? The problem is lack of content, not people leveling quickly.
    Yinla and Svann2 like this.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

I won the comic Con lottery so 1st time going. Well I would love some event around San Diego Comic Con and Daybreak games like they done in the past.
  11. Paladin Augur

Maybe some duplication but....

1) Persona Armory (to story Alt Persona Gear when they are not being Played... instead of glutting up our banks / banks / housing).

2) Allow Persona Swapping when Out of Combat and in a non-instanced zone. Seriously... why add a time sink to this? Making us port to PoK, swap Persona's and the Campfire, Gate or Banner back? C'mon. Seriously.

3) Put Achievements where the better belong / fit, so finding them is more sensible. Example... Ornaments (Raid / Group) should be under the expansion the belong to. Holiday related ornaments (Hat Sets, Frostfell Sets, Tipsy) should be in the Events category, not General. Why is GMM not under SoF where it is located, rather than in TBL (the expansion that was active when it was released)? Why aren't the Hero's Journey Achievements under the Expansion they belong to, and then just mirrored in the Hero's Journey section (like Keys Achievements are mirrored under General). And so on!

4) Mass Conversion of Overseer Agents or ability to 'sell' their contract (fire them) for Overseer coin?

5) A /notes that is not account wide, but Character / Persona specific. After all, the notes are normally Character specific (where left off, what to do next, need or want this or that, etc.)... and is not a file DB even has a concern with (stored on Players Computer, not theirs). Seems like all it would take is what the TXT file gets named and then gets opened. So instead of just a single notes.txt file... we would have many (say notes_Player_Server_Class.txt).

6) Provide a Base Map (no labels) for every zone. After all, they made / designed the zone... set all the X Y Z and borders / zone walls... and so on, so it seems like they essentially all ready have it drawn...
  12. Razorfall Augur

I may be misremembering, but I want to say it was originally under SoF when it came out, then put under TBL later. I think it works better under TBL because that's the era in which it was released
    Kaenneth and Yinla like this.
  13. Gr8fuldave Augur

Auto follow that works and doesn't make minimized toons run in circles
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Wulfhere Augur

Set your min FPS to 59 or 60.
  15. kookoo Augur

set bazaar max selling from 2 M to 10 M plats.
    Paladin likes this.
  16. Paladin Augur

The Plane of War is under PoP (where it is placed) but it came out during CotF.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id like it if tracking was upgraded so you could choose to track just those mobs you are looking for. Such as 4 ph and a name.
    Tatanka likes this.
  18. Etha Journeyman

I dream that we will be able to ignore people on the forums, their whole thread if started by them, or just posts by them. It would be really nice that those who come here just to bag out eq and compare to every other MMO would go to one of them and stay there.
  19. Izzard of Bertox Augur

1. Nimbus key ring.
    2. More stats screen data (% Chance to crit etc).
    3. Mercs in Monster Missions (because good luck finding a group to do these)
    4. Mercs in raids with less than 5 people in them. (The trivial ones .. again, groups don't do these)
    5. Alt persona worn inventory bank(s) or bag/backpack/chest etc.
    6. Class Conversion drop-down menus for evolving gear. (Alt persona issue)
    7. Huge group bonuses for 6 different IP addresses. (Coin/exp/loot)
    8. Ornament Bandolier.
    9. Fix all illusion/familiar/mount benefit stacking problems.
    10. Remove all DD proc only effects from augments - convert to weapon DMG bonus or (reduce lag)
    11. Increase Bazar plat sell limit or allow selling for other currency like krono and/or nobles.
    12. Make all achievements mean something ... old hunters, raids, etc ..... for example: a BiC kind of AUG that gains in power as more achievement points are earned.
  20. Iven the Lunatic

Maybe a special achievement shop that does unlock tiers of ornaments, mounts, merc contracts, etc., based on the achievement score. I made a new suggestion for that. Discussion here.

It should not be another alt currency and the items should also not grant more power as the power spread between PCs is already out of control because of raid gear, augments, AAs, and heroic prog AAs.
    Paladin likes this.