Goodbye 2023, Hello 2024!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Surprise! One more Producer’s Letter for 2023!

As the last remnants of 2023 float by like a long-forgotten song on a breeze, I would like to take a stroll through memory lane and recap the year. Like every year, there were ups and downs, and I appreciate all of you being here with us throughout it all.

2024 will be a momentous year for EverQuest, as the game we all know and love celebrates 25 years of development. Not to mention EverQuest II will be celebrating its 20th year! We will not let either celebration go gently into that good night either. We have so many plans, events and more for the Year of Darkpaw: An EverQuest Celebration! But more on this later.

Fundraising for Extra Life was amazing this year, and the in-game bonuses were the highest that have ever been offered. You can still donate towards the individual incentives until December 31, 2023, at 11:45 p.m. PST. Laurion’s Song, the 30th expansion, was released last week. With it came a level cap increase to 125, Alternate Personas, new zones, collections, quests, missions, spells, and AAs. Oakwynd, a unique TLP, launched in May amid a flurry of conversations and debates about some of the rules and bonuses available on it. There was content added to many of the in-game events, such as Erollisi Day, Brew Day, Tempest Festival, Stone Cold Summer, and Scorched Sky. New Pride Month metamorphs, UI engine changes, as well as Claws of Veeshan becoming free to all round out the bigger beats of 2023.

I’d like to thank everyone from the beta and test servers for testing the Direct X 11 API port and reporting issues you’ve found; we are still working on addressing some important bugs and will provide a date for its release once those issues are resolved.

Here is 2023 in a nutshell:

January
    February
    March
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
    December

Now back to the Year of Darkpaw: An EverQuest Celebration! We have been thinking up and making ready all sorts of fun things for the entire year. To start things off, beginning on January 1st and continuing until January 31st we'll be giving away a classic style Orc Warrior metamorph wand. New collections will also take you back to some of the most nostalgic zones in EverQuest's history. There will also be a limited time Argent Clockwork Bear Saddle for sale. You'll want to login in January before these things go away. That's not all, we have much more in store for next year so be on the lookout for more to come.
    [IMG]
    Orc Warrior metamorph wand

2024 towers above past years,
    Jenn Chan
    Head of Studio

Be sure to follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.

minimind, Jhenna_BB, Iven and 10 others like this.
  2. Raymond Lorekeeper

That Orc illusion is awesome. Can't wait.
    Hobs, Angeliana, Cidran and 1 other person like this.
  3. eqgamer Augur

The Metamorph Orc will pair well w/ Wrapped Daring Deathfist Disguise.

And Long Live EQ.
    Hobs, Angeliana and Exuo like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thanks for your work Jenn and team. With appreciation for this game.
    xcitng and Angeliana like this.
  5. Cidran Augur

Awesome ;) You couldn't have made a better choice with the Orc illusion !

Also happy about the new collections, it's always great to have a reason to visit the old zones again.
    Hobs and Angeliana like this.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

Looks like 12 monthly surprises. Nice !
    Angeliana likes this.
  7. Tachyon Augur

Cool!
    Bring back mischief jester illusion please!
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Per account, server or char?
  9. Montag Augur

Asking the real questions.
  10. Bonemelter Nemesis Enforcer

Has anyone been able to find out why Legend's of Norrath Card game hasn't been brought back to live yet ?
  11. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Per character.
    Tallie, Thunderkiks, Fanra and 3 others like this.
  12. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I have my 20th anniversary shirt still, but it's getting worn out. Can we get some new shirts for the 25th?
    jeskola and Silvena like this.
  13. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I'll pass the request onto the game team!
  14. Conq Augur

Shirt would be cool. I still have my EQ shirt from the 20th Anniv also. I gave it to my wife, to use as the signal for "time to do your husbandly duty" shirt.
    WTS 20th Anniv Shirt - like new.
    Conq
    Iven and Silvena like this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as they ship around the world this time.
  16. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Thanks, the material was actually pretty comfortable.
    Angeliana likes this.
  17. Iven the Lunatic

Mercs are the devil
    Rijacki, Ibadan Kun'Tirel and Nennius like this.
  18. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Year of Darkpaw: An EverQuest Celebration!

I'm sorry but I can't stop thinking this.

[IMG]
    MyShadower likes this.
  19. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

This! So often the international community is left out!
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Keella Journeyman

This is not a secret. It was costing more money to develop than it was making, which is the deathknell of any game, they are not going to bring it back because it would just lose them money.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.