Underfoot is a great expansion.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by eqfanforlife, Dec 12, 2023.

1. eqfanforlife Elder

2 Months isn't long enough, so much content in this expansion.

Having a great time and the raids are more complex and interesting.

Tons of quests to do and gear options make catching up or main switching a breeze.

Highly underrated expansion.
    Xhartor, Yinla and Aziuno like this.
  2. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Underfoot is for sure one of my favorite expansions. It represents a change in raiding where the mechanics become much more important and it makes raids a lot more fun, for me at least.

The difficulty jump after doing Tower of Discord with how easy it is can seem quite steep, but that just makes it that much more rewarding.
  3. eqfanforlife Elder

Yes exactly.

Even the progression is more difficult and rewarding as a result.
  4. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

After Underfoot, House of Thule seems a little easy by comparison, but in the stretch between Underfoot and Rain of Fear there are so many added Quality of Life upgrades, it makes this 4 expansion run easily one of the best consecutive great expansion runs in the whole of EQ. Not to mention the overarching lore that is weaved from House of Thule to Rain of Fear. Its the best EQ has to offer in my opinion.
    Yinla, Kutsuu and eqfanforlife like this.
  5. Domniatric Augur

I'm loving it! And, I still have a lot to see.
    Great zone design and theme. Some real content. A little bit of additional difficulty.
  6. Roxas MM Augur

wait till you hit EoK with 2 months duration. Now that's a challenge.
  7. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

So I hear. I dipped out of Phinny right before EoK, but I remember checking out some info and having like 12000 AA on my Monk during TBM and seeing there were like 12500 AA JUST in EoK alone.
  8. Kutsuu Augur

I do think UF deserves to be a 3 month xpac. Wish this were evaluated on a case by case.
    eqfanforlife likes this.
  9. eqfanforlife Elder

Insane.
  10. Canardvc Lorekeeper

Yes. Could play this xpack for 4 months np. As much as i'd like longer unlocks on extensions a case by case time frame would suit me well too !
  11. acidic Journeyman

curious why you all love UF. Is it the missions? are there fun camps? I am slowly going through group progression but it's anything but enjoyable so far(in cooling chamber atm).

My guild is getting stomped by the raids, could be lack of knowledge since most of us are new to xpac but in my gut its telling me that our less skilled players are getting exposed.
  12. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I think for me it was the challenge. The raids in SoD were boring and easy by comparison, so it felt good to have to progress on some events during UF instead of just going in the first attempt and one-shotting everything we tried. I am not a huge fan of the group progression, but some of the zones are fun to play in for sure.

I know what you mean when you talk about less skilled players being exposed. Not only is it funny, but it gives you the opportunity as a guild to help people that you didn't know needed help due to the easy raids in SoD being so forgiving.
    Kutsuu likes this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Your less skilled players ARE being exposed. Because the content is actually starting to require a pulse. The content is actually getting fun.
  14. Hdizzle Augur

UF-RoF is super fun. One of my favorite era's of the game.
    Kutsuu likes this.
  15. Mithra Augur

Underfoot is a great expansion but 2 months will be ideal.
  16. Kutsuu Augur

Aside from this, it's also worth making sure people are using audio triggers or even better GINA, and understand that they individually need to know the raid mechanics. Getting to the point where you can't just depend on raid leader callouts - you need to know what to do.

I always enjoy hitting UF on a TLP because it forces me to tighten up my play and fix any weaknesses in my keybinding/socials/etc. This is my first TLP maining a warrior, and UF has been quite the git gud experience so far.
  17. Vitaez Journeyman

UF is great, never done this expansion before and I really enjoy that it can be difficult if you go for the achievements.

But being able to clear a "Hard" expansion in 2 days doesn't really make it that hard.
  18. Kutsuu Augur

A lot of what made UF difficult in the past is how tight all the tanking/healing/DPS checks were, and not having all the knowledge that we do now.

Mischief is a loot pinata that has left all of us much more geared on average than previous TLPs, and you have all the wonderful strats that have been cooked up over the years by previous raiders to enjoy using.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  19. Kutsuu Augur

On top of that we are getting double/triple the keys than we did on previous TLPs, so don't need to do splits during initial progression.

Just trying to put it into perspective that Mischief has a ruleset that makes things a lot easier than they were for past raiders.
  20. Grimblekin Journeyman

I think the difference moving into underfoot and raiding is that before, the better players in raids were able to carry the less capable raiders.

Our guild has consistently had issues with people not paying attention in discord, not doing mechanics, etc. And we've always been able to carry them through, despite frustration.

Now you can no longer do that. The mechanics no longer allow it.

I almost lost my mind last night on Trial of Creation, after explaining the "No cold/fire" thing ad nauseum for 30 minutes. Typed it, repeated it repeatedly in discord, everyone acknowledged that they understood and had swapped weapons out. Literally 2 seconds into the water phase, steaming fire explosion nearly wipes us, then there are water pets on the elemental proccing ice nonstop.

As much as I love my guild and guildmates, expansions like these require that you weed out some of the fodder that doesn't want to pay attention on raids. Sometimes more is less.
    Kutsuu likes this.