Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tuco, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Tuco Augur

I'm trying to figure out what the AE is that I took at 5:26 was, since I didn't fail the aura. If it's just an intermittent AE that's fine, I just don't know if it's avoidable. Happened again at 5:56, maybe a 30s AE? Engage happened at 5:00, so who knows.

Looks like Shalowain casts

She doesn't cast this, but does mention Rhapsody of Pain https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=54425
    Melody of Pain is the AE I got hit by

[Mon Dec 11 20:01:16 2023] Shalowain begins casting Melody of Pain.
    [Mon Dec 11 20:01:16 2023] Shalowain hit Tucosha for 286300 points of unresistable damage by Melody of Pain.
    [Mon Dec 11 20:01:16 2023] Shalowain hit Lusa for 283530 points of unresistable damage by Melody of Pain.
    [Mon Dec 11 20:01:16 2023] Shalowain hit you for 322535 points of unresistable damage by Melody of Pain.

[Mon Dec 11 20:01:46 2023] Shalowain begins casting Melody of Pain.
    [Mon Dec 11 20:01:46 2023] Shalowain hit Tucob for 331341 points of unresistable damage by Melody of Pain.
    [Mon Dec 11 20:01:46 2023] Shalowain hit Tucosha for 301836 points of unresistable damage by Melody of Pain.
    [Mon Dec 11 20:01:46 2023] Shalowain hit Tucofire for 335336 points of unresistable damage by Melody of Pain.
    [Mon Dec 11 20:01:46 2023] Shalowain hit Lusa for 301836 points of unresistable damage by Melody of Pain.
    [Mon Dec 11 20:01:46 2023] Shalowain hit Peleus for 182865 points of unresistable damage by Melody of Pain.
    [Mon Dec 11 20:01:46 2023] Shalowain hit you for 205341 points of unresistable damage by Melody of Pain.

So probably just an AE you need to heal through.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

All pure melee. No sweat, huh?
    fransisco likes this.
  3. Spacemonkey555 Augur

That's what the forge golem blocks if you complete the Cinerarium and activate him. The people outside his aura kiting sonic bangs still get hit tho.
    Petalonyx and Szilent like this.
  4. Allayna Augur

Ignoring mechanics already has a detriment to the player of losing the achievements. There’s no reason for it ALSO to be a DT for the group geared.
  5. Derresh Augur

this mission takes roughly a minute to do with a melee grp, i imagine it will be much shorter once raid weapons and dps glyphs come into play.
  6. Allayna Augur

I’d watch that stream. By roughly a min…you mean 10?

Without DoTs you aren’t bypassing the spider phase. Without pets or by following mechanics you’re waiting for the egg to hatch “with a melee grp”. Definitely longer than a min.
  7. Spazu Journeyman

It's definitely doable - in under a minute actually.
  8. Allayna Augur

Thanks. That added a lot to the conversation.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Prove it...with 6 group geared players and no boxing software.
  10. Petalonyx Augur

Sounds like an exploit that activates Shalowain early somehow.
  11. Spazu Journeyman

I mean, you say it isn’t something that can be done. I’m telling you it can. What conversation do you want? Do I think the mission mechanics suck? Yes, but what you claim is impossible is most definitely not and actually quite easily achievable by melee groups more so than caster oriented groups.
  12. Petalonyx Augur

Finally, i understand what's going on. (Part of the issue is these weird things all happen at the end of the mission, after spider and lich, which aren't fun to wade through in order to experiment/learn more about Shalowain phase.)

This makes it clear for many that touching the cinnabon/drops is not adviseable/worthwhile. Just be prepared to heal through the massive AOE while kiting auras.
  13. Spacemonkey555 Augur

No one said a group geared group could produce 12m+ dps for a minute. I kinda doubt the claim myself wrt raid geared melee group, but I've seen plenty of hated events thru EQ history that break and become extremely simple once you can apply 5x the dps they were scripted for.
  14. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Whole-heartedly agree on all of these! This mission represents 50% of the expansion's missions and should be geared for sub-mid DPS group geared players. If you're going to make missions raid-gear required then just let people know before they purchase the expansion, so that they can save their money.
    Metanis and fransisco like this.
  15. fransisco Augur

Aye. To be clear I'm not saying there shouldn't be enough raid content for people. I'm just trying to be pragmatic. DB won't increase the amount of dev time for raid/group content creation. We've been asking for that for so many years. Since that won't happen, the only option is to decrease raids.
    Though 1 mission (not stripped down raid) per zone would be a nice compromise.
  16. Allayna Augur

Call me crazy. The chest reward of an event should be commiserate to the difficulty of the event. Thus this event is not appropriately tuned for an average grouper.

There’s always gonna be some outlier person who thinks an event is already too easy…

But then why would a multiple page thread exist claiming the opposite.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Windance Augur

What do you consider the "group geared" folks this event was aimed at?

Is it 120 with max group gear and AA's from NoS ? or ...
    Is it 125 with max group gear and AA's from LS ? ... ?

At this point I don't know how much of a difference the LS weapons , gear, and AA will make because I'm not yet 125.
  18. Spacemonkey555 Augur

It would be nice, the 2-3 seconds you get at the moment are just enough for a tank to get engaged before she picks her 2 targets, just have to plan ahead and be on Shalowain when the lich dies.
  19. Windance Augur

I will add my 0.02 to the thread mechanics.

The Lich porting every 5s is a PITA.

Not a fan of the spider+egg part, but I haven't done the mission enough to know all the mechanics and how to get around them yet.

I would like see how Spazu does this mission in under 1m. It doesn't seem possible with out some kind of exploit to by pass the event.
  20. Spazu Journeyman

The same way every event mechanic in EverQuest is mitigated - pure dps.