Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tuco, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Tuco Augur

2. Tuco Augur

Some notes from the beta forum:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/heros-are-forged-mission.293514/
  3. Tuco Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-inn-heros-are-forged-and-final-fugue.294536/
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Gorg00 Augur

I suspect this mission is going to be a major struggle for group geared people.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

Wow 3 posts, 1 minute between each other?

What happened to,
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ls-xpac.294614/
    This thread heroes forge mission discussion sounds more like what I talk about.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/31-expansion-suggestion.294219/#post-4262329

Tier 1:
    Ankexfen Keep
    Laurion Inn
    Timorous Falls
    Tier 2:
    Moors of Nokk
    Pal'Lomen
    The Hero's Forge
    Unkempt Woods
    All zones are unlocked.

Looks like Heroes Forge is the intended final zone, the hardest zone.

Makes sense the hardest zone has very hard mission.
    Otherwise, https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ls-xpac.294614/

Is it too easy or too hard, what is it?

One thing I do not see is a T1 mission, seems like both missions are in the hard tier, T2.

final tier casual is usually on par with the previous expansion raid guild right?

So talking about the mission,
    seems like 4 issues?
    1. many adds
    2. big DD
    3. tricky mechanics
    4. nasty DoT

Well I haven't got that far, but seems like some people already beat everything. Unless it was just T1 and they entered into T2 and T2 is being T2 difficulty, what do you expect from T2? T2 happens to be the final tier too. So ridiculously easy to hard or was this person everything ridiculously easy?
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

100% of our missions this expansion are derived from T3 raids, so that might add into some of the difficulty factor. There was no time for balancing or tuning of missions, and it's actually a shock that we had the second mission release about a week before beta locked down.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Yinla and Allayna like this.
  7. Lilfella Elder

both missions can drop it
    Yinla and Tuco like this.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

Can confirm, got neck from FF last night.
  9. Marton Augur

Day 1, when beta opened, I watched a group of high end raiders (plus a dev) attempting this mission.

Wiped several times, went to do something else.

Beta forums had posts commenting on mission's difficulty.

So it's not like they were not aware. I assume there was no time to tune the mission during beta and changes come in January.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Fenthen like this.
  10. Riou EQResource

This mission is basically only easy if you bring a group of real DPS classes, the farther from that you get the exponentially harder it gets

It definitely needs tuning to be more reasonable
    Vumad, MageGuy, Metanis and 5 others like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ran through this mission twice, first time was easy and completed within the first hour of release.
    Group was
    Wizzy, bard, necro, SK, War & healer merc

2nd run through was a nightmare and we didn't finish it. Mobs were bugging out left right and centre, spiders were unable to be hit or cast upon and echos were being weird.Regen on the egg sacks was crazy.
    Group was
    Wizzy, beastlord, Mage, SK, War & healer merc

This mission should be the easiest of the 2 as the other is the end of the story, also being a copy of the final raid.

No one in either group were boxing.
  12. Zunnoab Augur

It's interesting how much DPS helps this fight. And ranged for the boss, because even if you execute the echo mechanic perfectly it's like 25 sec before two more people have to kite them. Melee are basically removed from the fight when chosen.

The echo debuff probably shouldn't refresh on the second person in the group mission, the debuff should be shorter, or the timer should be more than every 90 seconds.

Are the eggs supposed to have high regen?

Then again there are only two missions.
  13. Xegrogue New Member

Aura sometimes doesn’t appear I’ve noticed then my group gets nuked. Anyone else noticed this?
  14. ~Mills~ Augur

Can we never ever design a raid or mission with this much zone interference please! There was a raid in CoTF that had tables in the way and the devs figured out how to remove it on start. This spot is just awful for the raid to be with all the line of sight issues from the geo, mobs getting stuck in water, etc. Same problems in the group mission.

Please fix it if we have 2 missions for the year.
  15. Petalonyx Augur

Thanks for consolidating this, Tucoh!

I haven't beaten it yet. The major issue I have is with Shalowain and the aoe. Once we realized we needed to spread out, things got much better, but still regularly getting nuked for 500k (which doesn't kill us, but gets close - be careful with canni and mod rods!).

How is the cinerarium empowered and clicked? Does it help counter the AOE?

I understand the emote aura chase, but not the implication of the debuff fade, re-entering an aura( what should we be looking for?).

Regardless, I think some glyphs and properly executed burns on shadowing stage can probably get us thru it eventually.

Final question - has anyone tried positioning ranged dps higher up, like on the pathway or on top of buildings? Wonder if that will help avoid chasing auras and/or aoe.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Lack of content should never be an excuse for lazily designed, overtuned, and/or broken missions.

Group missions are for group players and should be tuned as such. It's wholly irrelevant if a group of raid geared players can steamroll a mission in 30 seconds. Who cares if they do? Group content is not the primary objective for raiders...that's what the damn raids are for.

Just once, I'd like to see group missions tuned around group players from the start.
  17. Zunnoab Augur

There has been a pattern the last few expansions:
    1.) First draft raids are released, and missions are created from them.

2.) Numerous refinements happen to the raids

3.) The missions go out likely functional but without the refinements from the raid versions.

This is most notable with the lich's timed adds, which were changed to percentage on the raid. And it's how things like the echoes happen, as well as the mechanics during the mini bosses in Oubliette in ToL. Mechanics that are notable in the raid but affect a wildly higher percentage of a group. For Oubliette the raid version of the auras at the end was made way more interesting too.

But in any case, that line you quoted was just my trying to acknowledge the people who like them like this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

And that's the biggest issue with group missions. I understand *why* they make the missions just stripped down versions of raids...to save time. But it's just plain lazy design. They make the raids from scratch...make the missions from scratch as well.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Main problem was not enough time to test the mission so anything could be reported.

Can't test if you can't get in.
  20. Zunnoab Augur

It really doesn't make sense to start from scratch.