LS Mission. Harsh requirements.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

So it seems if you can't stun/charm/mez in this mission, don't bother doing it.
    Why don't mele based stuns/mez/charm work? Those kinds of spells can cause bad things in special cases. Why should the mele versions have all the drawbacks and none of the benefits in this mission?
    If intended, I'm very disappointed.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  2. Moege Augur

Melee has weapons that proc stun, e.g gnoll hide lariat
  3. Agrippa Augur

I'm a bit lost here with how the mechanics of later raiding and group missions work, too. Will there be quite a few times where only a very specific class' spells, abilities, and skills will work properly? I recall a number of older examples requiring certain roles to be filled, but can't think of specific examples where any random number of spells, abilities, or skills just didn't function properly for all of the classes that could use them.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No different to Shei, where melee couldn't root the adds or cure the DTs. You only need 1 class who can stun, which is more classes than the cure for shei.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

My understanding is that it requires stuns that use mana...meaning a spell, not a proc.
  6. Ozon Augur

The stun has to be a spell that *would* cost mana if cast, or to put it another way, any stun a PC can cast even if a proc will work.
    Elsewhen likes this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

It would be nice to have a list of weapons, items, clickies, etc that would allow the ten classes that cannot stun to at least be able to run the mission if they cannot find one of the six classes available due to lockouts, not online, don't want to do it, etc.

On a personal note, kind of bummed the air pet (which can stun) does not work. But I understand the reason as to why
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Time to go farm a couple gnoll hide lariats.
    South Karana gonna be camped!
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

So, basically just punishing tanks/melee by removing the option of shield bash stunning or stuns from AA and making them use stun weapons that proc player spells?
    Joules_Bianchi, Fanra and Fenthen like this.
  10. Alnitak Augur

Swiss and Svann2 like this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thats what bandolier is for.
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Qimble Augur

Wait can't all tanks just mem a stun? lol
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

No.
  14. Swiss Augur

Can anyone confirm a weapon proc working? None of the bard stuns I could think of worked which was really annoying.
  15. FranktheBank Augur

They shouldnt, its flagged as a stun that requires mana to be consumed.

Potentially a weapon proc that has a real spell ? idk
  16. DruidCT Augur

For this to work right they should have made a weapon drop in LS proc an appropriate stun. Make it uncommon and make it kinda meh otherwise so you just get it for this mission. I think mechanics like that where you gather items in the expansion to remove icky mechanics from group missions would be fun.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

New bane weapons...yay.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

19. Alnitak Augur

Tuco and Fanra like this.
  20. Tuco Augur