Further response to the Tradeskill Depot issue

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Nov 30, 2023.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This game be real life for some of ya'll. o_O
  2. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

To be fair, the game’s longevity is entirely fueled by addiction. I don’t know what other response you would expect from addicts.
  3. Kydat Hello.

It's almost like people can list whatever price they want.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It's almost like Darkpaw is better off just not posting anything.
  5. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I wouldn’t have posted, what JChan posted and how delayed it was for her to post.
  6. Leverage87 New Member

I appreciate the communication. However I feel that your numbers for the impact on Oakwynd in particular are not even close to accurate. On live servers the impact is marginal, yes. On Oakwynd prices for everything are massively inflated to the point of obscenity.

Many players like myself no longer have the amount of time necessary to commit to the game to si ply deal with this issue. In years passed I raided constantly and logged on nearly every day of the week. These days I am limited to late night hours Saturday and Sunday, so my characters in Oakwynd practically live on what I can buy and sell in the bazaar. This exploit has made my situation untenable.

Since this exploit I think I have logged on Oakwynd maybe once or twice for an hour. I'm considering hanging up my hat and calling it a day. With already limited play time and now nearly everything from gear upgrades, tradeskill supplies, and quest items are out of my reach.

I understand there are things you cannot feasibly do, but please don't understate the gravity of this problem. This is incredibly disheartening for players like myself.
    Zaray, Erekai and Defenestrated Vase like this.
  7. Lodestar The Undefeated

How about you all give it slightly more time. Price listings without time for a correction is a bad assumption by the players. If JChan's figures are accurate, then if you give it time, a correction will occur as result of demand (platinum availability) falling significantly under Krono supply, causing Krono prices to steeply decline in the near future. Nobody in these forums has more accurate or convincing data, and the only way it can be proven or disproven from the players' perspective is to allow time for a market correction (or no correction). Then we'll know.

The majority of ***boys who hope for Krono prices to stay high forever are of course going to continue to try to sell at jacked prices until their peers finally give in and begin decreasing prices. Keep in mind: Most of these sellers are not sane, and it takes time for their jacked prices to be adjusted back to a corrected market.
  8. Gio1999 Augur

Going to be honest - I got 3 accounts and I'm canceling my subs.

1) No one really gets punished.
    2) Cheating is blatant.
    3) They are giving a half truth here and they know it. The economy is ruined.
    4) Legacy XP bonus doesn't apply to AA and they said it would.

Maybe the 25th TLP will have competent staff?
  9. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I do believe the best thing to come out of the depot debacle, is that the honest truebox players who play on 20+ individual machines, 24x7 on multiple picks of Siren's Grove in Oakwynd, finally got to take a well-earned well-deserved break.

This humanitarian (and eco-friendly! All those genuine true-box machines finally are taking a break after weeks of non-stop activity due to super-human real truebox players) gesture is lost on all the rabble rousers who grouse about the bazaar, but not on me!

I applaud this unintended consequence, which - after years of TLPs - has made us actually go across SG and not /pick!
    Erekai likes this.
  10. Skrem Journeyman

While I disagree with the urgency and "immediate actions taken", your math is a little more believable. You removed billions and maybe even trillions of plat but the 10% remaining is enough to leave many players with millions of plat.

But now how you aggregated the "net-impact" seems pretty far off and may need another set of eyes or a change of scope, UNLESS your intent was to quantify the damage and make it seem insignificant. Market is so screwed-up, farming crews are liquidating already and its not even PoP. You literally scared off 1/4 of the oakwynd population due to poor handling of the situation.
  11. Sicarious Journeyman

I think you knew perfectly well that severity of the impact you just didnt think players would get upset. If you really meant what you are saying here, youd deal with the farmers with several accounts or people who spam the chat with selling Power level all days.

I still love the game and I will continue playing just please dont pretend like it matters. With the green light for EQ3, you should really think long term and start coming up with ways to stand with your player base or EQ 3 is gonna be a dud.
  12. Ambee Elder

Crazy how delusional some people are. Just like how people still deny Mischief had a dupe and Krono would triple in price overnight periodically because people were really going to town on those hill giants.

How about this, does there being a 2% increase in platinum at the peak of this make sense? If it doesn't, then the rest doesn't make sense either.
    Oscig and jedipsycho like this.
  13. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Absolutely incredible thing to say here.
  14. v_elderblaze New Member

the situation is rather dire on oakwynd. More plat sync would help alot. like a 3 million plat very fast mount for starters. maybe a brief event where npc sells fabled item for millions of plat. could do it for 3 days and purge mass amount of plat. It's not a perfect solution as it rewards the dupers, but it may be better for long term health of server.
  15. sephrok New Member

If some exploiters were banned and platinum removed, does that means people who were taken advantage of in the Bazaar can send in a request to get their lost items/krono back that sold for <10% of their value when the sudden change in the economy happened?

Also I highly recommend you immediately shut down or at least RESTART the bazaar if anything like this ever happens again in the future. This would have prevented A LOT of people from being taken advantage of and given everyone a more fair and level playing field to react to the exploit's effects on the economy.

When a krono costs 50-70k and some people posted items for 2 million plat in the bazaar that they didn't intend on selling... and then suddenly platinum is nearly infinite and an exploiter comes in and buys up everything of value in the bazaar... really hurt a lot of people.
  16. Oscig Elder

Loooool
    People are buying Krono for 560k on BARTER right now on Oakwynd. They were ~40k-45k pre-dupe.
    This is more than double Yelinak, the 2022 TLP.
    Moege, Erekai and Gaylon like this.
  17. Oscig Elder

Now explain the barter prices, which are currently 560k for a krono.
    If people believe this, boy do I have a bridge to sell you!
  18. NImxat Elder

I wonder if anyone looked at other item quantities? I think it would be legitimate to have several thousand rubies or velium bars in my bank, right?
  19. pogigod12112 New Member

LMAO..... There is 0% chance your numbers are accurate for oak..... Literally have 4 million plat from selling just 2 krono at one point... Half my guild has multiple million plat. Items are still selling for 100x pre dupe values. Just made about 700k from offline trader mode selling mediocre gear. Like how do you say its less then a 1% increase? Pre dupe prices were 60k for a KR. If i were to convert my plat to Predupe krono prices, i would have 66 more krono then i did before the dupe....
    You are just insulting us at this point....
    Erekai, Gaylon and Melodiesbard like this.
  20. Purekthegreat New Member

Maybe you can start addressing the issue of legacy not applying to AA experience finally. We can see here that you acted swiftly when your paycheck was on the line "aka if this had continued the game would have mostly lost hundreds of thousands of dollars cuz people would have quit".
    Eventually u will lose players because it is not applying and people myself included put in tons and tons of effort getting 10+ characters to lvl 60 to be able to play multiple characters and AA them properly to keep them "in era" in terms of aa gear etc.

Wonder when we will see updates regarding this...
    Gaylon likes this.