Zek Mourns the Loss of a Legend (Armourcarr)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Myysterio, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Parts Journeyman

Really impressive what he was able to do creatively with the housing system, should be preserved or documented at least to revisit any time.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Zek server friends. That is so cool that you all will have these amazing housing properties to remember you lost comrade. <3
    Quacks likes this.
  3. Vlad Diszno Augur

I just read this post today and am saddened to hear of the loss.

I just went and visited his neighborhood and visited almost every decorated plot w/ my lvl 5 on Zek. I couldn't get into the up high one and forgot to try to check out the Peacemakers guild hall.

I did have loyalty points w/ which to buy bags of plat, which I spread around to the plots that had just months left. A couple were down to just 6 weeks.
    I got at least a year on all the plots I found, except one.
    Unfortunately, I ran out for the last one I visited, 101 Terminus Heights, Toriblack's place. I started putting in too much into each at the beginning, then had to budget. Only 15 weeks left on that one, so if anyone can toss a bit of plat into that one...and any I may have missed.

Would be a shame for another body of work to disappear.

Going through all his houses tonight was like a time capsule, bringing back memories of stuff I saw when I was just starting into housing. So much decor pre- player studio and marketplace items.
    I hope that something can be done to preserve his work. If all else fails, hopefully some caring player/s can load up his escrows w/ plat.

It was w/ a heavy heart that I started my visit today, but it lightened up some as I ventured through all the properties. So, overall, I was able to appreciate and enjoy them again.

I liked his darts and boards as those spiny maces made great darts! It seems maybe he liked them too, as he had quite a few of them amongst his properties.

Keep aiming for that bulls-eye in the sky!!!
  4. Phancy Elder

Thank you for the list of houses. I miss the old days of housing contests and knowing where to go and snoop! Vinney and I had a conversation years ago about potties in EQ houses after I found a dead level 1 in one of mine. He swore it was not him!
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Quick update and post for future reference:

Hopped over to Zek finally, and topped up some of the upkeeps. Items of note:

1 - People really stepped up and helped out with this. Found many of the properties with multiple hundreds of weeks upkeep paid! The two closest to where you zone into the neighborhood had 3297 and 4102 weeks paid (60-80 years, LOL!). I did find two with 13 weeks, and 3!!! weeks left, so it paid to scout them all

2 - There are two mistakes in the addresses above. I'll correct them below

3 - Apparently I'm a total scrub with my housing. Got to the zone, and couldn't believe how long it took to open the management/upkeep windows for these properties! Lot to calculate, apparently :)

Instead of listing by char owner, I'll list them by "street", with the current upkeep after today. This will help those who want to log in and help out in the future, you can save time by going to the lowest ones first

Terminus:
    200 (guild hall) - 130 weeks
    105 - 100 weeks
    107 - 85 weeks
    103 - 153 weeks
    101 - 161 weeks
    102 - 173 weeks
    104 - 224 weeks
    101 heights - 60 weeks

Betwixt
    101 - unlimited
    103 - unlimited
    107 - 68 weeks

Brimming
    105 heights - 573 weeks
    102 heights - 582 weeks
    101 - 827 weeks
    101 heights - 61 weeks
    111 - 851 weeks
    107 - 429 weeks
    108 heights - 564 weeks
    102 - 796 weeks (this is actually Zemanova's third property, not the repeat of 108 Brimming Heights, above)

Market
    104 - 4102 weeks
    102 - unlimited
    102 heights - 577 weeks
    101 - 3297 weeks
    101 heights - 95 weeks
    103 heights - 847 weeks (this is actually Gonefishin's third property, not 103 Betwixt as repeated above)

Park
    101 - 60 weeks
    102 - 50 weeks
    103 - 61 weeks
    104 - 68 weeks
    105 - 72 weeks
    106 - 71 weeks
    107 - 73 weeks
    108 - 81 weeks

Guild
    104 - 189 weeks

Vanward
    113 - 150 weeks
    108 - 175 weeks
    101 heights - 60 weeks
    Wulfhere and Fleebagg like this.
  6. Fleebagg Journeyman

As a player that played on Zek after the combine of Zek servers, seeing him around and helping people was a huge thing on that server. He will be missed for sure by that community.
    Brontus likes this.
  7. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Is there a GofundMe or GiveSendGo set up for this man's family? I'd be happy to donate to a fallen Norrathian brother in arms.
  8. Quacks New Member

I paid the upkeep for what I could. I'm going to go back through and ensure that they all have at least as many years of upkeep as I can. I didn't know Armorcarr personally...I talked with him a couple of times. But he was always there. A staple. I miss him. <3
  9. Kovachs Lorekeeper

I loved seeing his posts / pictures on Facebook. I made a character on Zek to look at properties and the creativity was mind blowing. When you zone / load and see a picture of a very suburban home interior on the screen, isn't that one of his houses he made? Very sad loss. I hope we can preserve his memory and work.