Oakwynd - First TLP to dip to medium population within first week of launch?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, May 31, 2023.

1. Critt Augur

EQ has no real plat sinks the example you give is hardly enough to counteract all the plat flowing into the game from legitimate sources let alone the illegitimate, so inflation is already a forgone conclusion… at least with a greater supply costs are still lower
  2. Doze Augur

Maybe I am missing something here, but how do you infuse illegitimate platinum into the game? Doesn't it all come from mob drops and quest rewards - and the occasional bag of platinum gained from having been a subscriber for a long time?
  3. TLP Addict Augur

People are far more emotionally invested in this server failing than probably any other TLP.
    Rijacki, sadre and Lejaun like this.
  4. Critt Augur

Without going into details lets just say there have been many bugs that were taken advantage of "plat dupes" we'll call them. I don't know of any server that has been able to avoid them, so on any given TLP there's a large influx of platinum from these sources ...
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just checked EQ server status, there are only 2 servers on high, Oakwynd and Firina Vie.

Interesingly no other game has any servers on high. :)
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Moforyguy12345 Augur

That is because FTE literally changes what EverQuest is and people are scared the future TLP's will have this feature. All it does it dumb down EQ even more makes it stale even faster and makes trolling easier for solo players. They could just police their game but paying someone a salary takes away from the cash grab classic start.
    Doze likes this.
  7. toasty4800 Elder

Bunch of bots afk farming or power leveling alts.

It's just a mad krono rush.

All I see is "wtb krono" and almost never "wts krono".
  8. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

Every TLP will be a krono rush in classic - cheapest krono across any server it's a no brainer for everyone to stock up before its 50k per krono.. Oakwynd is on par for the course lol
  9. Doze Augur

Ok, I've heard of those, but I thought they got fixed.
  10. sadre Augur

And thus was hatched a new idea-line for TLP servers. New to Everquest in 2024. Gomez class servers. "It's not a question of if but when: Gomez"
  11. Montag Augur

You're right but "touch grass" is the cringiest le redditor bullcrap in the world.
  12. EATBUGZ New Member

Got 4 accounts with 4 60's on Oakwynd. Played Vaniki last year for roughly a year. This encunter locking system is the grestest thing in my opinion. Only people I've seen against it are the krono farmers and p box crews not able to steal your mobs anymore. No more vindictive trains from someone just wanting to steal your camp. Played since 99 and was on P99 for 11 years. Least toxic server I've ever seen by far.
  13. code-zero Augur

The funniest thing about Oakwynd is that the forums were filled with posts detailing strategies for training that would be far worse than old school trains and absolutely none of those techniques worked. The not so funny thing was how many people revealed that they were in fact habitual trainers who used training on a regular basis
  14. uberkingkong Augur

People ready for a new TLP, Oakwynd is just the newest so, gonna be tough for it to go away until next TLP comes along.

I sure am waiting for a new TLP. Been waiting for the next TLP since last month actually.
    3-5 full general chats.

Pretty sure people there because its new, thats about it. Just like any other TLP.
  15. coltongrundy Augur

"First TLP to dip to medium population within first week of launch?" Bro's never heard of Miragul
  16. Taladir Augur

Why necro a thread from June, particularly one that wasn't very interesting in the first place?
  17. Irisa New Member

Your reporting was a biased wishful thinking because you seem to be against FTE as a concept and want it to fail.

Bad news is it has been very well received. FTE makes the game less toxic.

Sorry they have a mechanism that prevents you from stealing a mob engaged with another player but learn to accept it.

Next even the website has a disclaimer that shows to be valid as the server as a whole rarely drops below high.

I hope there is a 25th anniversary server and hope it is FTE, or put them head to head two 25th anniversary servers identical except one FTE and one old school.

Wanna bet which one has the larger population?
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

24/7 scripted groups, many of them.

Add to that 24/7 systemwide, all servers Krono market manipulation.
  19. Irisa New Member

When a player buys a high value item for tradeskill off a vendor like a bar of Velium (250p) in some volume like 5k bars, then uses the tradeskill depot to make 5k bars become 10k bars then 20k bars then 40k bars ect....then starts selling those back to the vendors, that is what we refer to as illegitimate. all the money beyond the 5k they actually bought is deemed illegitimate platinum.
  20. Jiggity New Member

They may have fixed the plat that was still sitting on some players accounts that blatantly duped.

But this went on for over a week before it was fixed.

They did not fix the billions worth of plat that was put into the market for krono sales, for example.

I sold 2 Krono for 2M pp each, and I kept every single platinum that I made from selling my Krono.

Multiply this by several thousand players, and now you see Krono has gone from 50kpp to over 500k pp overnight, and items have gone up by 5-10x their platinum value ie an item that was once 5k pp is now only for sale at 50kpp, but in alot of cases it's even higher, where it was 5kpp and now it''s over 100k.

They didn't fix the mess from the leak that flooded the house nor any of the damage caused from the leak. They just turned off the water to prevent from further flooding.

The platinum income from playing the game and selling item drops to vendors has not gone up exponentially, so the economy is now borked, especially for new players.

The only way to participate in this economy is to either buy krono for irl cash and sell it for mega plat, or to farm rare items and sell them at the exorbitant prices, because farming platinum by playing the game normally will never net you the amount of platinum required to participate.

They would have to increase the drop rate of vendor trash exponentially and/or increase the value of vendor trash exponentially, but that would only do further harm to the inflation, by injecting more platinum into the economy.

Bots will farm vendor trash for endless platinum and it will just get exponentially worse, so it seems like even that is not a good option for reversing the effects it has for new players as well. It's basically irreversible damage and players have to work around it permanently. The only options that have helped somewhat are plat sinks, such as multi million plat mounts, etc, which cause massive plat sales and spending, until a lot of plat has been divested out of the player economy by selling to an NPC that does nothing but delete any plat that is given to him by players purchasing the items.