Keep Krono Tradabpe but...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tribbious, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They can't as krono and krono subscriptions apply to all everquest servers. If there was such a server the MT would just move back to third party websites like it was before krono and the problem wouldn't go away.
  2. Torga Journeyman

All they have to do is copy the WoW token model, it solves the issue and stabilizes the amount the Krono would be worth. Just won't ever be able to trade to players. You can use for a sub or cash in for a specific amount of plat based on the economy in game with a 48-72 hour refresh rate once the economy is stable.
  3. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

Part of the value-add of the krono system for the company and community is official capture of some segment of the independent RMT market. It's following a model set out by EVE Online's PLEX system and other MMOs. Maintaining the tradability is important for this.
  4. Torga Journeyman

I
    Would love to have access to the analytics between gold buying vs wow token buying in game. Maybe it works for Blizzard as well, but maybe it doesn't.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This idea is bad & you should feel bad for having it.

Krono helps keep the lights on and making them server-specific would just encourage players to go back to selling plat to 3rd party websites losing the company money.
    ForumBoss, code-zero and Nennius like this.
  6. Torga Journeyman

Krono is also the major influence as to why people cheat/exploit. There has to be some sort of middle ground on this.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Knifen Augur

Middle ground is simple, dont feed the krono buyers, if you want something go get a group and earn it. Now some things are out of reach for some folks, but nothing says you have to have best in slot and all the fancy stuff if your not gonna actually play the game. Dont buy kronos to sell for plat, earn plat, play the game, it will come in time. If your a I want it now and Ill pay for it type of person, well than you lose the right to complain about it.

I will add thou based on my statement I have no right to complain sometimes 8)
    Torga likes this.
  8. Torga Journeyman

I totally agree with your statement here. But that won't solve issue unfortunately because too many people want the immediate reward without putting in the work to earn it.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

People cheated & exploited worse before Krono, and Krono prevents a lot of bad-faith transactions taking place where people got ripped off for gear &/or platimum.

RMT Existed before Krono, still exists now & would flourish even more so with curtails placed on Krono.

The success of Krono in reclaiming revenue lost to bad RMT transactions would be undermined by such measures as you suggest. All this would achieve is Darkpaw losing money it would otherwise have made and the cheats would carry on cheating anyway regardless. A net loss.
  10. code-zero Augur

Ugh, cheating and exploits existed long before Krono existed in all 4 of the All Access Games that use them and cheating and exploits exist in games that don't use them.

Krono are just fine and working fine. Without them there'd be no TLP servers at all
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Oscig Elder

to be fair, before krono they used to actually do something about cheaters and exploiters to improve subscriber retention, rather than reward them.
  12. code-zero Augur

They ban cheaters and exploiters and any Krono on a banned account is lost to the cheater forever
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Oscig Elder

Sonwee, the guy handing out millions of plat/krono in the Oakwynd bazaar, was reportedly online as recently as last night.
    I can only imagine the amount of laundering he's been able to do since then.

I sincerely wish I could be as optimistic as you are.
  14. coltongrundy Augur

Krono is tied to your daybreak account, it's not even tied to EverQuest let alone a specific EQ server. You're just showing that you don't even know what Krono is.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Overcast451 Augur

They could set them up for a single trade only.
    Buy one from DBG - it must be used when the person buys it, cannot be traded twice.

It would convert the Krono to a resource for game-time only and not just another currency ripe for the abuse it's seeing now.

I mean sure, the dedupe issue wasn't the Krono specifically from what I understand, but what's someone going to do with 2 million+ plat? Convert it to Krono ASAP most likely. I think that's evident from the rocket rise in Krono prices on Oakwynd.

The Krono traders and RMTers would certainly cry foul, but for players who buy from DBG - it wouldn't matter one bit. But therein lies the issue - I think the whole concept of bot farmers selling loot and powerlevels is the goal of the Krono.

Keep that cash moving in and out of the game to keep the botters coming back to farm gear for the players. If they aren't making RL cash, they aren't going to be in EQ spending that kind of time farming gear!!! Common sense there. No one's farming 50 sets of GEBoots for PP to buy a fungi or whatever, LOL :)

I mean - I would think any company really worried about the integrity of the game would drop a permanent ban hammer for that kind of exploiting. But I guess they didn't, huh?

They cannot outright say they are fine with people selling in-game items and Krono for RL cash, however. That would quickly run into legal issues - like Second Life seen when you could buy/sell in-game currency for RL cash. What happened is that people would make a lot of in-game currency gambling and then sell it for RL cash.

This caused legal issues as it was then seen as 'online gambling'. The IRS took notice quickly, then Linden Labs killed the open selling of in-game currency for RL cash as they had no other option really.
  16. code-zero Augur

There's an account maximum limit of 9.999 Krono per account. I'm calling BS on the claims of "millions"
  17. Oscig Elder

"millions of plat"/"krono"
  18. Labzeh Lorekeeper

This interaction made me laugh. Thankyou