Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

There is a distinct lack of trust about this. And rightly so.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Randomized Augur

This. I bought the expansion for the new content / levels /etc etc. Persona's are the last thing I was even thinking about. Hell, if they upped it to only the collectors edition, I'd still be buying the base expansion (well I got the friend and family one, but you get what i'm saying).

I swear Persona's were targeted towards the TLP crowd. Just a way to make them buy the expansion so when they start over and want to start raiding in the first few expansions, it's easier. While people can and will use it on live, the box armies that live there don't have much of a use for them.
    Vumad and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Hdizzle Augur

No, I typed to Play an AP instead of sitting LFG with your Rogue. I never typed try to solo with your awful TLP classic rog. Maybe your AP is a tank, and 30 mins into your group someone else wants to tank, now you can play rog. At least that was my hope of this unnecessary feature.

Tell ya what though, this does seem like something useful for like, people who truebox. And we all know how cringe truebox servers are.
    code-zero, Micker99 and Randomized like this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think you're being EXTREMELY optimistic about how many people are going to be using this feature past the first month or so of the "Oh, what's this!" newness...assuming they keep it to swapping only in fast camp zones.

On Live servers, by the 3 month mark, I'd bet that barely anyone bothers with it. TLP servers might be a different story.
    Barton-Vox, Moege and Micker99 like this.
  5. Randomized Augur

Ah I got what you're saying now. But still a very small likeliness of that happening
  6. Tuco Augur

It depends on the mission.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Since they switched to 2 group missions from 4 I wonder where the first time mission completion exp went? Hopefully, they reduced the amount of exp to level by the amount of the exp that would have been given by the 2 missing missions. This would have the affect of making grinding leveling exp easier.
    Randomized likes this.
  8. Febb Augur

They've been busy working on the 25th anniversary content during the expansion cycle. So there is where that time went.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. aalith New Member

If APs are a Laurion's Song feature, how will they be available on TLPs? (besides eventually progressing to that expansion) I ask because I keep seeing TLPs mentioned like " oh these will be great on tlps" but I have missed where it says APs will be available on TLPs. Is it stated somewhere in these 60+ pages or elsewhere it will be on TLPs?
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

Alternate Persona Slots * **

* Available to claim on Time-Locked Progression servers
    Skuz and KushallaFV like this.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

Aside from literally on the page, expac features are usually available on a TLP as long as you own the expac (TS depot, Dragon's Hoard)
    Skuz and KushallaFV like this.
  12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Especially because it just seems so likely to get bugged in some way. I just don't trust their ability to implement something like this.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  13. aalith New Member

I wasn't arguing the point I was genuinely asking so thank you
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Riou EQResource

only during the final few weeks or so when all the content has already been done
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

Alternate Personas This expansions Ship to Ship combat.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Lol, you not agreeing with me does not make me wrong. The Devs, specifically Ngreth, stated explicitly years ago that they only consider things like the Brell's Shawl, the progressive/evolving items, the RZ earring, and NoS cloak as being chase items. The insanely rare expansion-wide drops that are tradable versions of prior expansions' raid drops they consider ultra-rares.

This was stated over 7 years ago, far longer than the search of on this forum will deliver results back back, even for a single member's posts. I suppose someone could ask Ngreth to come here and tell you that they call what you are talking about Ultra-rares and things like the RZ earring chase items, but I highly doubt correcting your misunderstanding of the two being high on his priorities.
  17. CdeezNotes Augur

And you still continue to exclude the chase items I'm even talking about, you know the ones that Ngreth had absolutely no involvement in creating? Things like Baelfire Gem, Bifold Focus, Grelleth's seal, Carillon Box of Lost Songs, Unspoken Eye, etc. Then you have other things such as silken trillium or blood drinkers coating. Finally, even more old school chase items of various clicks (stats, buffs, utility, illusions, etc).

Regardless, half your "chase" items aren't even class only items as you claim. A majority go archetype based. Shawl Aug and AP remain all/all.
  18. Laronk Augur

I think the difference here is you can actually chase things like the rc earring or evolving gear, the nos cloak and brells shawl (or Jann's Veil). You can make a plan and get it done. You can't "chase" the ultra rares in a way where you know you're going to get a specific one.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Kaenneth like this.
  19. Tuco Augur

Yep.

Here's a post showing how these are named: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-about-chase-loot-in-tbl.253544/#post-3730016
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

I believe that the new expansion is due to release in the next week or so. I am not 100% sure, the Everquest website doesn't list a release date for the expansion. I saw the Everquest show list a release date on December 5th. I couldn't find it easily if it is there.
    When do you expect to put out more information about Personas? I can only find "Swap to another class while retaining your name, inventory / bank, crafting skills, keying and much more!" listed on the expansion "site" page.
    The EQ development team really consider finding new PR people, as they seem to fail to update consumers in a timely manner, not even a please be patient message.
    So is this feature not going live when the expansion does?