Possible Solution to Dupe

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tribbious, Nov 22, 2023.

1. tanksfornothin New Member

rolling back like 1 day would fix it 99%, this isn't even that complex. letting it continue to run rampant is definitely an interesting decision.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  2. Slaps Journeyman

The thing is, this exploit was been reported on 11/15 when the patch occured and nothing was done.
    So people who actively abused this and stockpiled say "Blue Diamonds, Black Sapphires" will still have billions if not trillions of platinum already in tradeskill items if not platinum if they sold.
  3. Khieran Journeyman

Thornblade was just shut down. Related to this?

If there's a rollback, I'm going to cry... I did the Goru'kar Mesa tradeskilling quest line yesterday... that's a lot of running and crafting :(
  4. Khieran Journeyman

Looks like all servers coming down
  5. Slaps Journeyman

I feel the pain!
    I spent over 200 hours camping my Gimblox ring and finally got my Gimblox ring the Monday.
    not_a_rogue_22 likes this.
  6. not_a_rogue_22 New Member

Oakwynd was just taken offline, so we'll find out if there's a rollback or some other solution by the end of the day.
  7. Rank New Member

Oh man.. the countless hours of raid items that’ll be lost to these jerks.
  8. Zanarose New Member

When they do a rollback what happens to the purchases/ real life money spent in the EQ DB store?
  9. BaoDur Journeyman

Rollback resets temporary progress, leaving them as is ruins them forever. It wasn't just plat, fyi.
  10. v_elderblaze New Member

probably just a hotfix for the bug.
  11. not_a_rogue_22 New Member

I don't think anything would shock me at this point? No idea what DBG has in mind, whether it's a rollback or just removing the depot until they can fix the bug later.
  12. Taladir Augur

If that's all it is, that's hugely problematic. That hotfix should have happened on patch day.
    BaoDur likes this.
  13. Slaps Journeyman

Agreed and I would be willing to bet they lose a substantial amount of subscribers if they do not address the fact they just destroyed not one but multiple servers economies.
  14. Basalisk New Member

First off anyone that Duped has their account banned for ever. Email and credit card also black listed.
    If Plate or krono was trader from said duper then the trade account that received the stuff is disabled until they can figure out what went wrong - even people in this position aren't totally innocent like really
  15. Elabone Augur

I cant tell if youre serious or joking, but they would be rolling back max 3 days? Maybe even 2? 2 weeks of bonus exp would be MORE than enough.
  16. Synnunzek New Member

I would be content with a rollback if they added extra life bonuses back for a bit and were able to extend legacy bonuses to AAs. This is coming from someone who leveled a total of 10 toons to max level on two separate accounts. (The old fashioned way that is) Also push the PoP release date back however long the rollback goes for
    not_a_rogue_22 and Slaps like this.
  17. Slaps Journeyman

Good luck with that logic.

The exploit/bug was reported but ignored for 7 days.
    People who actively ABUSED it should be banned which should be easy to target those individuals.
    People actively duping high value items such as Velium Bars / Gems are going to be the main culprits they target I would assume.
  18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

This is why those who intentionally duped, etc. will give stuff away for free to dilute the ability to know who was actually involved. Someone who innocently thinks it was just someone nice handing them plat or whatnot (and yes there are innocents) would have their account muddied by the actual perps.This is the second really sucky part with dupes and the action of dupers.

And, while this was present on all servers, it would have been significantly more noticable on a server where tradeskills have fewer quantities of components and tradeskills having enough value (without any dupe) that more players might have been doing them. It would also be more noticable on a server where the highest plat an NPC would pay for any tradeskill item is lower than the plat they pay for other more common drops. So, a lot more noticable on a TLP, especially one with only a few expansions unlocked than on Live or a more mature TLP.
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Man, I got my 69 Necro rolled back for buying a WoS Necklace from a bazaar mule back during PoRo beta timeframe. They accidentally put the Beta trade skill vendor in PoK, and then did targeted rollbacks by tracking any characters that interacted with the “tainted” characters. I’m still butt-hurt about that. I wasn’t even online during the time the vendor was up and I didn’t buy an item related to the vendor.
  20. Basalisk New Member

i guess shut it down wait for next TLP play something else until then