Possible Solution to Dupe

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tribbious, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Tribbious Lorekeeper

Log file everyone's pp to "x" day to reset the pp only.

Find "x" day max pp and cap that, anyone over loses.
  2. Reacshion New Member

Everyone keeps their krono in that situation and all their duplicated items, as well as spent their plat on krono's already. That would HUGELY benefit people with duplicated items that didn't sell the stuff or spent their plat super quickly. I honestly think this is a situation where they have to roll everything back. I honestly think they have to refund krono's bought since it started and roll everything back.
    Erekai likes this.
  3. BaoDur Journeyman

Only proper solution is a rollback.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  4. Soriano Augur

Can not fix this without a rollback...and this is going to be a rollback that will upset a LOT of people.
  5. Tribbious Lorekeeper

There are smart people out there. This community I am sure can come up with something.
  6. BaoDur Journeyman

The only real solution is taking the servers offline, dropping the database tables and loading the tables from last week.
    Not doing it will be even worse than doing it.
  7. SnapVine Augur

What makes people think they are actually technically capable of executing a rollback? Have they ever done that before?
  8. tanksfornothin New Member

I've only heard of one rollback before, but with the AAXP issue and now this, they risk ruining the player base without a fix asap.

Rollback now.
  9. Aziuno Augur

2016 Phinny ClaimGate had a rollback.
    Skuz and Reacshion like this.
  10. BaoDur Journeyman

2006 or so, there was a string of exploits that led to many rollbacks. It also lead to one of the first Letter from the Producer I can remember, but probably not the first that was actually issued.
  11. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

Trying to do economic surgery would be a disaster and frankly DBG doesn't have the man-hours to devote to a complex solution that requires going through all the logs, even if they whipped up some scripts to help.

The only solution that is both simple and viable is a full rollback followed by some sort of compensation to make the community feel better about it. Luckily, there's a relatively simple solution for that too: flip the Extra Life bonuses back on through New Year's.

Most of the sting of losing a week of progress will be made up for by an extended bonus and perhaps more importantly this is a compensation solution that is not at all labor-intensive. They don't even have to bring the servers down to muck with bonuses so I assume it's not a heavy lift.
    Barton likes this.
  12. Soriano Augur

Rollbacks have happen more than once on servers...it is not hard to do a rollback it is simply a restore to an older point in time...

And yes that is as ugly as it sounds, imagine you finished your 8th Coldain Shawl mon/tues and they roll back to sunday.....ouch...
  13. FragsTLP New Member

It's too late to rollback. So much exp/loot would need to be restored. They should have disabled trading depot or locked the server immediately upon being notified. Instead they have just let it run wild. Terrible leadership of this game. You don't just let a critical bug/exploit exist. Economies are ruined now because of it.
    Taladir and SnapVine like this.
  14. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

What will happen is

- this thread will be deleted or locked
    - no roll-backs
    - no comment or acknowledgement that something was and is wrong.
    - hope everyone just moves on to the next tlp
    This is a replay of the past when we had odd influx of millions of plat timed with some Zek stuff etc.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  15. SnapVine Augur

Yeah it should be super easy, but I was specifically asking if Daybreak can do it. Sounds like people are saying they can/have though.
  16. BaoDur Journeyman

It's more than a couple million, and it's not just plat but every tradeskill item. And it's on every server.
    I really don't see how this can be swept under the rug.
  17. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

My other comment is in mod-queue jail but:

tl;dr - Do a full rollback, turn back on Extra Life bonuses through the month of December. Least painful most viable solution given the resources necessary to pull it off.
  18. BaoDur Journeyman

Wild part is the servers still aren't offline.
    tanksfornothin and FragsTLP like this.
  19. garglesthebard New Member

That's about all they can do.
  20. Reacshion New Member

Even just adding in another week of the Extra Life bonus will basically mean whatever loot was lost will likely be regained. The exp lost will be very quickly regained and in essence with that the sub time lost will be regained due to the quicker exp/loot. I think this is this is the simplest solution. Rollback > Extra Life bonus 1-2 weeks, everyone that didn't exploit will be happy. People that did will be unhappy because they lost their unfair advantage, but all I can say is good riddance to them.