Suggestion: Calculator

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Mikana Augur

Quite a few use ratios - 2 of this to 3 of that, so if you needed to make 67 of that item...
    ... I would still use Windows calculator, as it already exists :)
  2. Randomized Augur

So you're admitting you have no idea how any of it works. Got it.

Windowed mode and Fullscreen mode have default settings when you create a new character. Every time you create a character, it defaults to those settings depending on which mode you're in.

Once you have it set and saved, you can switch back and forth between the two flawlessly. Even if in fullscreen mode you set something partially off of the screen, switching back to windowed mode goes back to my windowed mode settings, putting that box back on the screen in it's proper position.

Going back to fullscreen mode will go back to putting that box back to being partially off the screen.

And now that I set up the 2 default settings, one for windowed mode and one for full screen mode, I can just copy the lay out (3 clicks) for every single character I make from that point forward and switch between full screen and windowed mode as I please and everything is right where I put it.

Sad part is...it would have taken you a whopping 2 minutes to test this and see.

Instead you double down on being wrong and continue on with your baseless claims that it can't be done.

When? I have never needed a calculator for EQ
    Nor have I had a reason to use /alarm either
    I've used /notes before, but I've also had my computer desk littered with hand written notes because it was easier to separate them into proper categories (just like having a binder with printed out maps).

Parsing programs do it all for you as is. No need to use a calculator (could you imagine the amount of errors that would pop up trying to calculate all your forms of damage in a 5-6 minute fight?!
  3. Randomized Augur

Doesn't EQTC already have a built in calculator so you don't need to calculate each individual item, you can input how many of whatever you want and viola! Multi-function calculator!
  4. Iven the Lunatic

• Calculating selling and buying prices for tradeskill items.
    • Finish time and duration of tradeskill combines.
    • Drop rates in percent and per hour.
    • Calculating weapon ratios in a different way than in the item window.
    • AC efficiency
    • Time zone differences
    • And many more things, often just simple basic math. Most stuff is spontaneus and not all has to be EQ related. Many players do live in EQ.
    But none of them can do all that together. EQ can. Instead of removing them, they should be improved. /Notes is pretty bugged and not very boxing compatible. I already made a suggestion of how to revamp /alarm. An ingame /stopwatch would also be nice, and could be added to /alarm. There are so many possibilities. You do highly underestimate the usefullness of apps. They do bind users to a product which is a win-win situation.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

All that should be integrated into EQ. To much stuff has to be researched and calculated outside of EQ:
  6. Iven the Lunatic

Btw, it's grotesque how some of you guys started a debate on principles, just because of a suggestion for a tiny new feature.
    What is your problem ? o_O Nothing will be broken, are you just unhappy and unthankfull ?
  7. Randomized Augur

• You don't need a calculator to compare prices nor set prices.
    • Simple math, do not need a calculator (3 seconds per combine)
    • Drop Rates subject to RNG, calculator is pointless
    • Weapon Ratio already calculated (why do you need another way to do something that's already done?)
    • AC efficiency requires the formula. Unless you've got that formula, calculator is useless (and you'll need more than a basic calculator)
    • Only 24 time zones in the world. Again, simple math. Calculator not needed.
    • And many more things that do not require a calculator. Got it
    Windows does it just fine and faster.

So Persona's are working perfectly right?
    Legacy xp bonus on Oakwynd working as intended
    New UI features aren't buggy at all
    Server's don't just reset randomly

"nothing will be broken" - you must be new to EQ
  8. Iven the Lunatic

Pretty childish to just bring up pointless counter arguments. I say yes and you say no out of principle, got it.
  9. Randomized Augur

Pretty childish to bring up pointless examples that not useful to try to prove a point.

Hey guys, we need to implement a calculator because the sun rises in the east!

Give ne an actual example of needing a calculator to set a price for a tradeskill item. I've been selling in the bazaar since I've come back to the game. Earned a few Kronos off of it so far. Never once even thought of a calculator to do so. So why do i need one now? What use would it serve in the bazaar?
    CatsPaws likes this.
  10. Windance Augur

All of those things are better done in a spreed sheet.

Will that be your next suggestion ?
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think many of us object and offer objections to your posts because you present them as if you are speaking for the common man and it supposed to be like "look how great this would make everything."

When in fact, not many of your views are shared by the readers of these forums who would rather the devs just work on the bugs or new features they already have in place. When we present OUR opinions then you tend to turn a blind eye and say we are all wrong.

So this could be #74 - the players have spoken and do not want a calculator. ;)
    Windance and Randomized like this.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

The forum users including myself, are not representative for all players. You all are waiting for big solutions like class balance and a working UI, but it are the many little steps that do make the game better. You will be waiting forever if you don't do something. I prefer to do something actively to improve the game, instead being passive = waiting. Sorry for being harsh, but waiting is just for losers.

To me it is obvious that some players do transference their frustration with the current state of the game onto me and my suggestions, and that they do fear that those will take dev time away from the big changes that are currently in work. I am not blind eyed to the arguments, but I know that most of them are not robust.
  13. Windance Augur

You have had a couple good ideas, but this is not one of them.

Just admit that it and let this thread die.