When will we hear anything about Luclin Compensation?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Cuzon Elder

This is the way
  2. dentalplan lisa needs braces

I feel extremely confident that nothing will be done about this until after the new expansion comes out
  3. coltongrundy Augur

I don't think you know what the words that you typed mean.
  4. CdeezNotes Augur

I know exactly what I wrote. I'm wondering if you get who I'm referring to.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  5. Trevalon Augur

I mean it does need to fixed. Not just for Oak people but for future servers that will probably use the Oak bonuses. Same as Randomizing loot on Mischief will mean the work is done for any future servers.

But you wont get compensated. Mischief lost its double loot for a month back after last years extralife, and they took a whole patch cycle to fix it basically and we were not compensated. I would argue that losing half the loot promised for every guild (20+) is a bigger deal than a little extra EXP.

I feel for yall, hope it gets fixed for posterity sake, but asking for compensation is just a little bit out of touch.
  6. Elabone Augur

Most classes need a max of like 250 AAs if you want to buy all the useful stuff. Thats literally what, like 5 a day over the course of the whole expansion. IMO you should be more concerned with them getting it fixed BEFORE the expacs where you need 3-4x that many and less concerned with compensation.
  7. Pimpmobile Journeyman

Being an adult is accepting responsibility, which the devs are responsible for the bug, not the players. The players pay money for a product and service, which they did not deliver on. Real time was spent by people aiming to utilize the feature that was promised, and we're not getting that time back. The moment you roll over and accept poor service is the moment they know they can get away with it.

If they don't fix it quickly, people are going to move on for sure...to other games. It's literally half of the point of the Oakwynd server.
    Reacshion likes this.
  8. Taladir Augur

What I don't understand is concerns with implementation of the bonus properly affecting AAs were raised by some forward-looking members of the community back in Classic. Surely there's an internal test server the dev team could use to test these changes in the months leading up to them going live?
  9. v_elderblaze New Member

You do realize as soon as POP lands in ~6 weeks, the legacy bonus stops for everyone until we re-level toons back to 65? every day that passes is tons of lost xp. This is prime time for maxing out AA's. If you got 5 toons at level 60 when pop comes out you'll have to bring em all back up to 65 if you want that bonus again.. who has time for that when they will be trying to max POP AA and get keyed up and farm no drop scrolls. My main toon has 136 aa, and I have 4 level 60 characters - sounds like im out about 54 freaking aa. That's not insignificant.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  10. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I don't get why people come out of the woodwork to downplay this issue.

Sure it's not the end of the world, but a dev or two posting on this with an ETA will go a long way.

And no, whatever the expansion is coming up is not an excuse for messing up a key TLP feature
    tanksfornothin likes this.
  11. Denmer New Member

Tank and Melee mercs have been broken for over a year now with a confirmed bug report post in those forums. Give it some more time.
  12. CdeezNotes Augur

That changed nothing I said. And the grind from 60 to 65 is less than 5 hours without any bonus, which isn't the case for your server. If it takes you significantly longer than that, you're doing something wrong. If you don't have time for an extra 4-16 hours of playing in the 12 weeks of POP, 4 weeks of LDON, and 8 weeks of GOD...Tough luck. If you noticed the math in there, it averages out to less than an hour extra play time a week for 4 max level chars. Insignificant.

And yes, 54 AAs consisting of innate regen and bind wound is insignificant in the grand scheme of things when you'll eventually have access to 40,000+ AAs.
  13. Soriano Augur

I hope the 25th anniversary server avoids the legacy bonus concept all together....it is great for those who want a server full of alts and have time to roll up 8 characters + each account to get an insane bonus on a server. I am still jury out on FTE rule set, it has pro's and con's. Heirloom is a great idea. Increased rare spawns is not. seeing Gorgash in burning woods every 20 minutes does not to increase enjoyment....lol
  14. Cuzon Elder

Haha. Your logic is the same as going to McDonalds and throwing a fit that your burger doesn't look like the one on the picture on the menu. Or even better, complaining that your burger had 2 pickles, but not 3 like the picture had. You didnt not get your product. It just wasn't what, in your mind, what you thought you were paying for.

Not 1 person on Oakwynd has been paying for a product or service they didn't get. You are getting to play the game. That is the product / service you are paying for.

I have 8 level 60 characters on Oakwynd, 4 of which are on one account. Has the little bit of extra AA exp not being rewarded stopped me from logging in, playing with my friends, raiding with my guild, and as of last night watch the economy go to the gutter because of the things that are happening with krono? Not at all. If you are playing on this server for the sole reason of a little bit of extra AA exp, you are playing this game for the wrong reasons.
  15. v_elderblaze New Member

Ah yeah, your wisdom has convinced me. I should not be upset, thanks for the insight friend.
  16. CdeezNotes Augur

Where did I say to not be upset? I said that a flagship feature not working is awful, but to expect some kind of compensation is ludicrous.
  17. TolTech New Member

Uhh yeah it's called false advertising and in most countries companies can be sued for it. And they do. McDonalds gets sued often for their coffee being too hot. But you should know! You're literally buying hot coffee! You're comparing a missing pickle to hours of labor, but his logic is the one that is flawed. Good one.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

should know that the coffee will be hot enough to cause serious burns and is undrinkable until it cools off?
    KushallaFV likes this.
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

McDonald’s was serving coffee at nearly 200F. They had gone through several complaints prior regarding their coffee being too hot and causing injuries, and their legal team decided to keep it in their operations manual. Corporate lawyers decided that lawsuits and injuries were an acceptable part of business.

But hey coffee hot, duh…
  20. Cuzon Elder

Hours of labor? LMAO! You cannot be serious. People pay money to play this game, not the other way around. There is ZERO labor. Do you even hear yourself?