Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Knifen Augur

If you read the whole post I said both options are absurd, and to cut personas and work on missions. You said
    I said

2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Except that they are not going to cut personas as they are an advertised feature part of the pre order.
  3. Knifen Augur

Wasnt ship to ship combat?

https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-50337

Welcome to EverQuest The Buried Sea, the 13th expansion for EverQuest!

Ship-to-Ship Combat: Cross the plank and fight for your life on the open seas as you raid pirate vessels!

Check
  4. DeadRagarr Augur

Since were bringing up things in the past that were mis-advertised I want the model for AoW from this trailer:

I mean AoW with WINGS. <1 minute in>
    Knifen likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yet again with the bad-faith posting, if you had a shred of credibility left you would be undermining it by stubbornly refusing to change tack, but you can't stop, it's entirely risible at this point.

I have not been "acting like quests are the only problem" nor have I up to this point claimed any of the other issues you raised are not relevant at all, I cannot quit a thing I am not doing but you know this, your comment above was simply a badly constructed false accusation that anyone can see right through.

What "I seem to think" is you have a problem understanding the difference between your real knowledge & what you believe you know.
    I think that you have another problem in that you will go on the offensive attempting to bully & subdue criticism by way of deflection, strawman arguments, blatantly false accusations & wild conjecture about the character & thinking of other posters instead of simply accepting and acknowledging when you may have over-stepped the bounds of your adequecy or have gotten something wrong.

Animations missing - do not prevent the game being played, these are aethetics and while they may cause some players to be unhappy in the event all/all was enabled they would have no material defecit upon the game that prevented players doing anything of value, attacks would cycle normally and as other players have already aptly pointed out the game engine already performs many actions not reflected in the animation cycles the game has available anyway. This "issue" is not entirely irrelevant but sits squarely within the realm of cosmetic visuals.

Clothing Options missing - as above, sits within the realm of cosmetic visuals, not gamebreaking, not "irrelevant" but purely aesthetic.

Itemisation missing - players who want all/all are going to have to accept that some items will not be able to be worn or used by their novel combination, these are things that may never be addressed in past content but in future content the itemisation will be able to cope with all/all easily, if the game continues to grow there may yet be room go revisit past items and make adjustments but it will not be expected as a definite "yes that will happen", I believe that there is plenty of itemisation in existence among the hundreds of thousand of items that a few here & there can easily be overlooked or considered unimportant in the grand scheme. Not "irrelevant" but not insurmountable at all and largely can be worked around by alternate itemisation options that are available, such as the many items which are class or archetype specific which have no race classification.

All/All is not gamebreaking it has some annoyances that those who want all/all are likely to be willing to put up with and the rest can be categorised as aesthetics, we have a game with 23/19 year old player character models/animations and IF we ever get a set of new models which is unlikely at this point then those could be addressed.
    There are far bigger "issues" that need dealing with than the not irrelevant but really not very important minutae of all/all ramifications.
    Barton and Szilent like this.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

Here is a tip on human interaction. If you pose a question, then someone answers it, it is not normal to respond with the exact same question again.

I didn't ask WHY it matters. I asked for proof that it does matter. I need you to understand this: YOUR opinion means nothing, no one values it. YOU said it matters to the devs, so its on you to prove that. If you arent speaking officially as a CRC member relaying approved info, then you are just engaging in bad-faith, non constructive criticism.
    Trolgar, yodo, Szilent and 2 others like this.
  7. DeadRagarr Augur

I will say devs are hesitant to implement Beastlord/Zerker on TLP server launch <Very sought after QoL update for TLP's>. So there is something they don't like about it. Even though gear wise I looked to see and it wouldn't really effect them for much other than PoSky

Granted I am more with you guys in the Screw it and add it camp. We have access to Hero's forge for armor visuals, and animations I can just deal with. Its probably going to be a TLP server feature/expansion update if they ever do it though, to entice more sells.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. CdeezNotes Augur

When you claim it's going to be so much work and can't name a single quest they would need to work on, which is a primary concern of yours, it kind of erodes your credibility and truthfulness.

You know what I think? I think for some reason you decided to take this topic personally because the very same things you claim people would do, devs wouldn't do, etc are actually happening.

DBG actually charges money for illusions without animations. If the lack of animations was such a concern, why are they selling people these not fully finished illusions? Why aren't you, or anyone else, complaining about those? Does the buck stop at playable races for you? Illusions that require $10-20 are fine to not work properly?

You claim devs won't implement broken or unfinished designs. Uhhh Oakwynd's FLAGSHIP feature literally does not work. This is affecting all players on an entire server and you've been quiet as a Buddhist Monk. Why is that? Based on your logic, Oakwynd should be shut down immediately, because you claim it's absolute truth that nothing broken goes live. I have a spell casting bar that shifts around my screen like a catapillar. Why was that implemented? Are you being vocal about that? Oh wait, you said the UI isn't broken, that's right.

You claim there is little value to ALL/ALL. Where is your proof of this claim? You're just making things up and acting like it's factual when it's the furthest thing possible from fact.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

This is a very normal take and not combative and not contrarian. It also doesn't make a very steep claim. Take notes Waring, this is how you communicate.
    Trolgar and Skuz like this.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

'Do not underestimate the might of Mistmoore, muahaha!'
  11. error Augur

Honestly I would say those are massive issues that would need to be addressed before implementing a race/class combination. The game should have at least some level of standards before pushing content to live rather than just adding things in a clearly unfinished state where they'll likely remain that way forever. And yeah, I know we're talking about EverQuest here where such things are, unfortunately, common, but they really shouldn't be.

Personally I think it adds more flavor to the world to have classes restricted by race. All/all is just more homogenization.
    FranktheBank, Schadenfreude and Iven like this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thank you for your input, which I disagree with. Have a nice day.
  13. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I think it makes the world more interesting, and let's the player create their own narrative choices.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

While I disagree it's massive, this is a good/valid opinion. Even addresses the nuance with the company. More people need to be like error.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, it makes it useless. There literally are no exploits that it prevents. None whatsoever.

If they cannot talk about everything without exception, the CRC is worthless as anything but a echo chamber for the Devs to hear what they want to hear.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Then they utterly wasted their time. They ignored what people actually asked for and made something that does none of that.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Chase items will need to be re-acquired, because all of the chase items become class specific as you progress them.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What exactly did people ask for? I don't recall anyone asking for something like this before it was announced.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Gear for a Healer is utter garbage for a monk, gear for a wizard is utter garbage for a tank. Most players have class specific gear in all the visible slots. The only slots which are not going to be class specific or restricted are going to be the non-vis items which are not chase items.
  20. CdeezNotes Augur

Um, no, they certainly dont all become class only. 90% of chase items arent even evolving and arent gear. What are you talking about?