Overseer, max level in all categories

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NightKing, Mar 29, 2020.

1. NightKing Journeyman

Yes, 'Level Max' is a full level 4 exp bar.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You are probably the best person to ask. Did you ever find out How the Cauldron was Made™?
    Nennius likes this.
  3. NightKing Journeyman

Large picks, small hands, smell of cabbage in the air.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

This very question was brought up last night during our weekly "Plan the Destruction of the Tall Races" sub-committee meeting of the Dwarven ruling cabal. It was off-topic, but still allowed in the hope that the question might be used to confuse and confound you overly tall folk and thus make you more easily conquered and destroyed. For the record, we have several theories, but no proof as yet that we are ready to share.

ONWARD SHORT FOLK!!!
  5. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

6. Beardsy Elder

I still have no idea why this system is in game other than high end lvling apparently? Most of the ornaments are garbage that are locked to specific weapon types and the fact that it costs 63k Tetra to buy some of them is absolutely insane.

They'd make an absolute killing if they'd take the time to bring out all the ornaments people want and cut the tetra price by half. Hell bring out those LoN cards to overseer too, would be nice to get something worthwhile.

Congrats to the OP Btw, whether it was p2w or not, who cares? I spend DB Cash on those all the time, what else am I gonna spend DB on?
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

That and to complete collections. And I will continue to enjoy using it.
    Madeni, Tatanka, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  8. KarmaKitty Augur

Yes, too bad you can't sell them :p

I finished off this last expac's collectibles using overseer. Could never find some of them in bazaar.

I use p2w all the time. Easy choice to spend a few coins cycle quest on my time schedule rather than waiting another 2 or so hours for the 24 hour tasks to complete. Yes, I try to get 5 quest per day.
    Hint on p2w. Give then quest at least 30 minutes to an hour or so before finishing early. Appears, to cut failures almost to zero.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. KarmaKitty Augur

As for a killing, I don't think they really make anything off overseer.

Lon cards are already in the marketplace, so they make cash on the sales not tied to the monthly loyalty payouts.

Yes, ornaments are in the marketplace, and they could improve the offerings.

Yes, many of the ornaments via overseer suck, but that is from my artistic viewpoint. Others may disagree. Do I care that they suck. Not really, there are one or two I do use and they were free. Win win for me, but it would be nice if they would cycle the set say every other expansion.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Even on a TLP it allows me to stay at capped xp. It's also a fantastic way to fill in collectibles. The ornaments are fine. Some are bad, some are cool. 63k tetras is fine.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

camping out and returning make failures near zero; there is some kind of bug with how they are storing active overseer quest data to the server, that turns a 20% failure rate into a 0.20% failure rate I think. converting percentages to fractions or something.

ironically, that makes buying completions fail much more often than just getting back to them later.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

And tradeskill materials
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Mikana Augur

Fragment of Alaran History, 10k each, and you need a *bunch* of them to max it out to make the aug :)
    fransisco and Nennius like this.
  14. Vividor Elder

I want to do Tear Alaris for one alt but the problem is that fragments are not heirloom and I have 2 millions of overseer currency distributed in several characters and this currency is NOT account wide like Loyalty Tokens. Last time I did this took me 2 hours to move all currency into one character. I do not understand why overseer tetradrachms are not account wide when missions, agents and even achivements are account wide.

It should be fixed.
    Kaenneth and Shero like this.
  15. Goranothos Augur

I mean I use the finish now option when I'm getting close to dinging the next level. Big deal. It's just funny money DB cash. I get 500 DB for free every month just for being subbed.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Another good use is when things go pear-shaped and there's a group wipe. By the time you regroup, get to your corpses, and then rez and have to rebuff AGAIN, it's easier to skip the rez, eat the death, and go about your business. The 10% of a level you lose? Just re-cap it with Overseer :)
    Nennius likes this.
  17. fransisco Augur

The purpose of the overseer is to get players to log in every day. There is always a reason to log on. Letting you transfer the rewards to every character across your account detracts from that. Its a wise business decision.

Be happy that you share agents and overseer exp across your account. You dont have to start at lvl 1.
  18. Randomized Augur

Pfft, just go about your business, and if you're still short after your play session, then get the rez and get your missing exp back ;)
  19. Randomized Augur

I dunno, I like the idea of having all my characters having their own Overseer so I can get bonus exp on all of them at the same time! Instead of 1 at a time (in the event I remember about Overseer)
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Yes, it does. And that is not a bad thing.
    Rijacki likes this.