Overseer, max level in all categories

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NightKing, Mar 29, 2020.

1. NightKing Journeyman

True, anyone could have done it, but they didn't. This wasn't as simple as just paying $100 and walking away. There was some strategy employed... which quests to finish quickly, which ones to let go, which ones to ignore, which agents to use, looking at the quests offered and deciding which agents to use with each for a particular string before starting, where to retire agents and burn that exp. This isn't rocket science, did it take a lot of skill, not really, but it took persistence and time.

Is there much in EQ that is rocket science? Not really, almost everything is persistence and time.

Thanks for the well wishes. I can get a bit obsessive, which is apparent with maxing each of these categories. The reward really is that it is done, at least for now :) Now I can just sit back and enjoy whatever quests come, instead of hoping for more plunder quests, which seemed harder for me to get. The hardest line for me really was the crafting.

The rewards do get better as you level up, but so do the penalties. A single quest can take up to 6 different agents with a good chance that some will be incapacitated, and those incapacitations can last up to 72 hours each. That is a bit crazy in my opinion, and the cost to recover them is so much DPG cash, that you just leave them and make do with what you have left, or skip those quests that needed those agents.

I rarely went for the collection dispensers after the change as they almost always fail. I just keep collecting the tetra coins in anticipation that someday there will be something good to purchase.

Good luck all with your leveling your Overseer!
    code-zero, gnomeboss and Maedhros like this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am sure you were appreciating the artwork and lore while doing it. As long as you were entertained/happy/satisfied, that's what really matters.
    Duder and Nilwean like this.
  3. NightKing Journeyman

I whole heartily agree. The artwork is awesome, and seeing the names from all those various classic areas is very fun.

We do need some barb representation though! I would suggest Tundra Jack as a rare or elite explorer, or perhaps Martar Icebear as a marauder/spy. Halas needs some props! In the old days, camping the north or south towers in Everfrost, who didn't die at least a couple times to Martar. ;-)

A friend who is all things iksar has been asking me if I ever saw a Venril Sathir elite yet, one is needed, but the current Overseer is more focused on classic. Guessing they will get to further expansions as time goes on. Venril would be a fun card to play though!
    gnomeboss likes this.
  4. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Lots of them.

Overseer has been up for 19 or 20 days (I cant remember if it was launched on a Tuesday or Wednesday), thats a max of roughly 400 quests if you do 5 6 hour quests 4x a day.

Doing a mix of recruitments, 12 hour quests before sleep and either 12 hour or 2x 6 hour depending on what higher levels are offered in the afternoon/evening spots, with no speedups, my live account is at... 121 completed.

Lets be really transparent here, its a LOT of smedbux. Its perfectly okay to do it, but lets not pretend its just a little bit of tactically used completions. Its almost 3 times the maximum possible amount you can have without speedups.
    Coagagin likes this.
  5. Maedhros High King

Thanks for keeping the lights on bud!
    Coagagin and KillaasFV like this.
  6. gnomeboss Augur

the real atrocity here, other than these cranky curmudgeons who begrudge you your ability to spend dpgcash on whatever you cazic-well-please, is that you have a cleric who worships rodcet nife.
    Annastasya likes this.
  7. NightKing Journeyman

Lashun Novashine says, 'Rodcet Nife is the Prime Healer. It is He who protects the health and well-being of the people of Norrath. The Temple of Life in North Qeynos is dedicated to His glory.'

He would also make a good agent.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

When you’re max are the quests you’re receiving still about 3-4 uncommon, 0–1 rare or elite and the rest common? And are they all level 4/5 or are there still level 1s mixed in.
  9. kizant Augur

I still don't have any to level 2...
    Renotaki likes this.
  10. Rolaque Ancient

11. NightKing Journeyman

As of the last Overseer quest rotation (around an hour ago) I received the below. It is still standard to receive 1-3 green/blue, 0-1 elite, with the remainder being common/easy, but all level 5.

1x Level 5 elite trade
    1x Level 5 uncommon trade
    1x Level 5 rare military
    2x Level 5 common military
    2x Level 5 common diplomacy
    3x Level 5 common crafting
    2x Level 5 common plunder
    1x Level 5 common stealth
    1x Level 5 common harvesting
    1x Level 5 common trade
    1x Level 5 common exploration
    1x Level 5 common research
    1x Level 5 easy crafting
    1x Level 5 easy military

Here is a screenshot of the level 5 elite trade I am running now. 7 agents, and to get all the green you need specific agents...

[IMG]
    Maedhros, Fredescu and Annastasya like this.
  12. Sobmre Augur

wow, what are you going to do with all stacks of worthless tradeskill items. "sarcasm"
  13. Sobmre Augur

btw i think its kinda cool you mastered it tho
  14. Angahran Augur

How much did you spend ?
  15. Triconix Augur

People use overseer?
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's actually a nice way to gain 2%-5% xp per day between levels 111 and 115 if you select 'Character Experience' reward. The xp for collections (recent expansions) is 2% per completion.

Lower levels and TLP won't see much of a benefit in that department.

Edit: I foresee XP adjustments (nerfs) in the future (higher levels adjusted down, lower levels adjusted up). However, as the system currently stands, Overseer helps to mitigate xp loss between 111 and 115.
  17. Triconix Augur

I guess if people still need collections it can serve a purpose.

Exp, even with it lower in TOV, I don't experience (pun intended) issues upkeeping 100% into my level so that reward is beyond useless for me.

The only thing I used overseer for was when the OMM brews were dirt cheap. I bought enough and finally got my froggy illusion as I wasn't playing during OMM days. Other than that, the system really doesn't assist me with anything. I wish they added older content TS components to it. Sitting in LDONs for 4 hours running 4 boxes to click a forage button in order to get some smithing components was quite boring. Even more rare components from OOW/PoP would make overseer very valuable to me.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

People dont? With everyone about how hard it is to level I would think they would take advantage of it. I figured my beastlord and a few other alts would stay 110 till next expansion. I was not gonna run through those hoops again for them. I have 2 of them almost 113 now and see 115 on the horizon.
    Duder likes this.
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

Yeah sorry hit reply instead of edit, Come on DB put in a delete post button or make it easier for old trolls like me to find.
  20. Mukkul Augur

What is "Level MAX" equal to? I think it's a full xp bar on level 4, yes?