Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Doesn’t matter snakes can kick and animations don’t match that. Players flurry with multiple with swings in one hit and again not animated.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If they did allow all races to be all classes they would be flooded with complaints about the issues I have pointed out and telling the people who have the issues to do a race change will not be good customer service. Not everyone that plays reads these forums and would understand what exactly they would have to accept as broken.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Last I heard they took away the ability for snakes to kick, that being said there is a big difference between NPC and player animations and that is not the only thing that would be broken/missing for a bunch of race/class combinations.
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

The illusions don’t do the animations either.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And there is a difference between an illusion that a player voluntary goes into and the default model that they are given by the game. Of course not all the models have all the animations and it would be impossible to give all the models all of them.
  6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Absolutely 0 difference.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fake logic detected.
    Type: "assumption of ignorance".
  8. Rikantiz Lorekeeper

Specifically, which animations does anyone really care about? If I want to really drool over a kick animation I'll make a race that I know has that animation. People don't play this game because of outstanding graphics and animations...
    Metanis likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, there is as some models such as a gelatinous cube wouldn’t be expected to have all the same animations, Personally if I was playing a race/class combination that didn’t have all the proper animations that I would expect when I created it I would be upset.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You really expect all players especially new/returning players to know everything that might be broken/missing from a combination that the game gives them?
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That depends on the players in question and you can’t expect every player to have full knowledge of what might be broken/missing from a game provided race/class combination.
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No, but that does not change the fact you are making an absolutely huge assumption.
    Barton likes this.
  13. CdeezNotes Augur

While I know it won't happen, this argument is terrible. A player voluntarily chooses the race as well knowing the animations won't be there.
  14. code-zero Augur

Animation is odd. I fired up the old Visage of the Brute on my Bard and then equipped instruments to try the animation for each type and it was actually worse than I recalled as an Ogre. Yes, the Ogre illusion has full Bard animation for instrument play it's just really horrid. Now I'm considering switching to original graphics and seeing if it makes any difference or if the original graphics for Ogre even supported instrument graphics
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A fake assumption that there are graphics and animations that are not supported on player models that would be needed for all races to be all classes? A fake assumption that there are quests and items that are not supported by all race/class combinations? A fake assumption that players wouldn’t complain about those issues even if they knew about them before hand? A fake assumption that some players wouldn’t know about them before hand and would complain about them? A fake assumption that Daybreak/devs would knowingly enable all race/class combinations with the above knowledge?
  16. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

If you don't know then why would you care? As long as it does damage, they don't care. Might as well get used to things not matching animations.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They would find out in the long run and there are some that would complain about that. I don't see why Daybreak would want to put in something that is bound to lead to complaints.
  18. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Lets be honest here, going all/all would lead to some complaints, and maybe even some extra work for the devs, and we can't have that! I mean then they would have less time to do things like make personas (which are just alts you play under your name to break immersion) instead of toggling items heirloom and making flagging and tradeskills acct based.

Stilled lightning warrior illusion doesn't even have an attack annimation, and it can hold weapons. Give us all/all, if you wan;t to make personas make sense. Or race restrict what classes we can multi into, and watch Real complaints roll in. If I can change my characters race for a persona, It's not a Persona, it's an alt.
    Knifen, Rikantiz and Skuz like this.
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Doesn't matter. The game is janky enough where not doing a kick animation isn't going to make or break someone's opinion. Your attacks animations don't even line up for melee anyways.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, it does matter. Daybreak has no reason to introduce something to the game that will have missing armor graphics, missing animations, missing quests, missing items, missing tradeskill combines and other missing things. This isn't just an issue with animations as there are lots of other things that would be missing due to them never being setup for all the race/class/deity combinations that currently do not exist and would in a all race/class situation.