Extra Life Group Incentives Stretch Goal

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Game Day isn’t even here yet, and you all have surpassed our goal for the year! We are moving the goalposts so we can give more to the children in need, and to you all as well!

As you all are aware, we will be tallying up donations a few days after Extra Life Game Day to determine the Group Milestones for the in-game bonus week. Keep reading to see the updates!

The prior challenge was to reach $100,000 by November 6, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. PST (be mindful of the time-change which occurs November 5, 2023) for all servers to receive:
    • 200% bonus experience gains
    • 200% more likely rare spawns
    • 145% more loot
    • 90% increased coins
    • 100% increased alternate currency
    • 35% decreased collections spawn rate
    • 75% bonus evolving item exp
    The new Challenge is to reach $125,000 by November 6, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. PST (be mindful of the time-change which occurs November 5, 2023) for all servers to receive:
    • 200% bonus experience gains
    • 200% more likely rare spawns
    • 155% more loot
    • 100% increased coins
    • 100% increased alternate currency
    • 40% decreased collections spawn rate
    • 100% bonus evolving item exp
    Be sure to keep watch across our social media channels on Game Day. We will be posting about all the amazing streamers who will be working hard to raise donations. For more information on Extra Life, click HERE. For more information on how to join Team Darkpaw to help make a difference, click HERE. You can also use the command /extralife while in-game to get more information! It’s never too late to help, and every cent counts!

Thank you all!

-Team Darkpaw

Be sure to follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
    code-zero, ForumBoss, Hobs and 5 others like this.
  2. Barton The Mischievous

Finally an example of when moving the goalposts can be a good thing
  3. Vitaez Journeyman

You would think a link to the page on this post would be helpful.
  4. Harthoon New Member

It would be. So they did...

Hobs and kharizma like this.
  5. Nightmares Augur

Have a Friend that wants to donate, but couldn't cause the page won't accept donations from her CC. She lives in Mexico ( and Plays EQ btw). Anyone know a work around, like a page on their site for that?

She's even tried contacting them, but hasn't gotten a response ( been trying for like a week now I think).
  6. Ephyr Lorekeeper

Easiest way would be to use a different payment method like PayPal. I don't believe they have an unlocalized site, as it's a US based charity. PayPal should fix it though. When you click donate there's an option to select a different payment method. PayPal, Amazon Pay, and Venmo are all options. Alternatively, https://extralife.childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/accepting-offline-donations/ has the info for accepting cash donations, and where to mail them.
  7. Balisarius New Member

So I donated to Darkpaw, and one of the DP team members (Kuvani) who is supporting another institution in the CMN other than Rady's (I think?)

Will that donation to Kuvani count towards the in game incentives, and will the donations be compounded under one email? Like if I donated 250$ to DP and 250$ to Kuvani would that compound to 500$ total towards in game incentives?

I saw you on the team list Ephyr so I am hoping yes?

Will I just get an email with codes?

I would love to get one of those cuddle dolls that a family gets when a child passes...
  8. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

You will receive an email from Extra Life with the codes, please be sure to check your Spam folder. I am not sure of an exact date for the next batch, but I generally do post when I notice them being sent out.
  9. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

To clarify, the batch for the November period including the actual Extra Life Day event haven't been sent out yet to your knowledge?
  10. Angeliana Senior Community Manager