Captcha out of control

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Joules_Bianchi, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

All I get is a box I need to check. The you are not a robot box.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I get just that sometimes and then it will also go into HAL mode on me at times. Do this, do more, here are really some really grainy images, etc.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  3. Iven the Lunatic

Are you sure ? Do pronounce the word human slowly please ! It are two words in one. There is man and there is human. Big difference. One is a fiction and has limited fictional rights. The other one is living and has all rights / is the right.
  4. Thraine Augur

this sounds like something a robot would say :)
  5. Iven the Lunatic

Ssshh ! ... It is a nome.
  6. Razorfall Augur

The newer versions of CAPTCHA are more complicated than that because bots have progressed to the point where they can be trained to complete those types of puzzles easily, often faster than humans. The new versions determine how you're interacting with the page in the background in addition to the puzzles.

I like Cloudflare as well. I might have to check that out. I know a lot of people use CAPTCHA just because of ease of implementation, so if it's a similar process it should be pretty easy to implement.
  7. fransisco Augur

Bots are designed to pass captchas. In fact, its been found that they complete captchas at a higher rate than people do.
    All captchas do is provide a false sense of security and piss off your userbase.
    Joules_Bianchi and Iven like this.
  8. birdsong_pawn Augur

Try the one below. Also, to be fair, the check boxes should be
    [ ] I am not a robot.
    [ ] I am, in fact, a robot.
    [ ] I am not sure whether I am a robot.
    [ ] I am a cyborg.

[IMG]`

Solution for math nerds: The limit is ln(2). Indeed, arctan(x) -> 0 as x -> 0, and sin(1/x) is bounded. We have also used some facts about continuity to take the limit inside the logarithm, sum, and square root.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I used to get those captcha like every other time i log on but have seen those in a long time /shrug which is a goodthing.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Hmm am i on the big bang theory? love that show btw. I used to like math til it got hard lol.
  11. fransisco Augur

the hardest part is that I can't read russian to pick an answer
    Nennius likes this.