Take our money!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brazy, Oct 12, 2023.

1. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Unignored you for this.

So what is it? Do you know? Or is my statement about DPG saying why holds good, and anything else is speculation?

Answer point by point. Put up or , take your inane post count shilling elsewhere
    Fair?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

??? What are you trying to say? Are you really suggesting that no one at Daybreak is smart enough to understand how the system works to know what is needed to do account to account transfers? Sure it is possible that the person who was doing them left, but that doesn't mean that the task can't be learned by someone else and even possibly automated. The fact remains is that we don't know the reason why they are not coming back but we do know that it isn't from a lack of knowledge.
  3. Overcast451 Augur

I would think there's an internal tool to move characters easily between servers. Probably existed prior to the game even being launched for development, QA, etc.

Plus.. they still merge servers, which would involve moving characters between servers en masse.

I suspect it's more about customer service issues. Accounts hacked, characters transferred off. Selling single characters and gear, etc.
    Waring_McMarrin and Barton like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yep, there is likely an internal tool for that as the server transfer process seems entirely automated and as you pointed out there are some critical differences between a server transfer, server merge and account to account transfer.
  5. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Reading comprehension: Shilling post count does not reflect in any way on knowledge of EQ, or well, anything really other than a forum poster.

What I posted " Until DPG tells us why they disabled account to account transfer years ago, we have no idea, sadly"
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yet we don't need that to know that the often claimed reason that no one knows how to do it isn't true which is what I was pointing out.
  7. Grok Augur

[IMG]
  8. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Shows I replied to threads when I had a few minutes?
  9. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Read my original post and the second one. Take your time.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I did, and one of the claims that keeps coming up is that they stopped doing it because someone left the company and I am stating we don't need Daybreak to say anything to know that reason is not correct.
  11. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Ok, for the last time, until DPG says it, we don't know. Why is this a hard concept? Maybe they don't like it anymore, maybe they lost the person who did it, maybe their bosses don't like it, maybe it's an anti RMT thing, maybe,

You stating anything means nothing. Look up speculation.

And you are back to ignore, please go back to posting your thoughts on Oakwynd.
  12. jeskola pheerie

You should replace "we" with "I" in a lot more of your posts.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

^This gets all my likes, the people who feel they speak for some silent minority/majority/their friends/the neighbour's cat & goldfish are deeply annoying, speak for yourself only because really that's all you should do.

Exceptions to that are probably only Guild-Leaders specifically speaking on behalf of their guilds because that's part of their job.
    jeskola likes this.
  14. toxicsmell Journeyman

regardless. of all the drama. please bring it back
  15. Barton The Mischievous

DPG has said why, but the answer was not very informative and did not go into a lot of detail

Jchan said when asked if there were plans to bring account to account transfers back
    iirc it was hold on don't want to misquote
    let me find the video and link
    Ok she said "There are no immediate plans to do that" "Just again priority, time"

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/704467915?t=01h31m32s
    MustardonWatermelon likes this.