Laurion's Song: Only 2 Missions and 8 Raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cassiera, Oct 18, 2023.

1. alanus Augur

If we are getting 90 or 135 coins per mission, only 2 missions is fine. The main concern would be about finishing the type 5s, but at 90 or 135 coins per mission, that's not a concern.

8 raids is fine, too. It's only one fewer raid
  2. Killersong New Member

Yahhhh, I like your idea!!! Bring back the good rare loots from trash mobs, like old days.
    Kenderix likes this.
  3. Rylak Elder

If the Devs were to ensure that T1 augs (the ones that everyone hates to camp) will drop in one of the missions, I bet you get far less complaints on this in the long run.
    Xyza and alanus like this.
  4. chronicler Augur

they will drop from t1 zone, but not missions. As last many expansions
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Well it was said that the two missions are tier 2. Those arent always the harder ones, but the intent is that they should be.
  6. Kenderix Lorekeeper

Well, that would help justify my decision to not buy this expansion.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

For me I dislike raid mechanics in group content.
    Flatchy and Marton like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't doubt it, but it really should.
    Hobs, Cassiera, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  9. fransisco Augur

the mission to raid ratio needs to change.
    Missions are for all players, raids for for a sub set.
    NatazzEvoli likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No.

It's just this expansion that *fluffed* the ratio for "reasons".

Overall I would like for EQ to be moving in the opposite direction - adding more zones & quests & missions & raids by way of adding more developers.

Also adding stuff OUTSIDE of the "progression system" to that EQ could get back to being a game that was not 100% on rails which is what it became from SoD onwards.

EQ used to be a world, it has lost a lot of that feel since the shift towards only building Progression system content.

Anyone remember the "Bartle types" well I am still an explorer, but EQ has stuffed the explorer into a bag, filled it with bricks, kicked it around a bit & then thrown it into a river to drown like an unwanted kitten. I'd get more from exploring a miniature Japanese Garden than modern EQ (but I already did that if you were wondering).
    WeCameWeConquered, Hobs, Buds and 3 others like this.
  11. Pops Racer Olde Faht

Bravo. Well said Skuz.
  12. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

is that how he got the injury :p
  13. Febb Augur

You mean that's why his abs are so sore?
    Hobs, Tuco, NatazzEvoli and 1 other person like this.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Aristo is the one with the back problem.
  15. Ravanta Suffer Augur

So...this year's race clears really will be measured in seconds?
    Elantrian likes this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Apparently. I am practicing so I can avoid blinking. If I do, I might miss it all.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. uberkingkong Augur

T3 raids beaten day 1, thats not the intent and they should not be beaten day 1.

You want harder content, keep that in raids.
    People with boxes full T3 raid geared. Box, not just a main.
    And people whining group content should be harder?
    Make those raids harder and stay busy doing raids, thats what a raider is suppose to do raid. Should be whining about group content not too difficult.

Should be 8 raids, each raid is 4 hours long, so much to do.
    When they make raids within an hour each. Thats too quick.
    Especially when they're easy.
    Quick easy raids they don't have the impact the classic raids did, if you wipe you gotta do a lotta work, so its not a quick wipe and restart its a tough it guys we got to recover. Slow dps start the rezzes.
    When people can just restart and boom 10 mins back at it, thats too easy, thats not EQ EQ raids.

Make raids longer if they are easy.
    Harder if they are quicker. Harder means if your boxing, thats not hard enough, if you can box in a raid, that raid isn't hard enough.
    Not saying that it needs to be a wipe if someone dies. I'm saying that box is going to die ASAP, and stay keep dying ASAP, basically making that box useless bringing to the raid. Get another real player, any real player.

Agreed

Group content with raidlike mechanics isn't EQ EQ like group like content.
    Theres only 2 zones classic that raidlike mechanics they're in the raid zones, not T1 T2 etc. You goto Fear or Hate, you expect it. You goto Lower Guk, Sol B, The Hole, Permafrost. Those mobs aint doing raidlike stuff on you.

T1 T2 easy T3 easy T3 end end zones the final T3 zone that should be raidlike mechanics.
    Like SoD, Korafax. Have a golem that aggros zonewide, have named that randomly appears. OGH, FoS, BK, those zones easy, even warrens is easy.

This game is changing its not EQ EQ anymore, its like participation trophy raid content, and torture group content.
    Not enough group gear, especially below T1 or T1 group gear. Gear if you haven't found anything to gear that slot up on for a long time kind of gear. You're still using conflagrant at 125? Check out the below T1 gear, easy, now you can handle something. The gear they don't even have visuals, its so easy just type in a name and put in stats and put it on a loot table.

I doubt there is any new armor visuals. You guys whining missions/raids?

0 new armor visuals I'm gonna wager. I'm talking actual armor you wear not some heroes forge.
    I buy the expansion I expect from modern MMOs to have new armor, not buy some heroes forge paywall, subscribe, and buy an expansion.
  18. demi Augur

well im disappointed about the cut in group content -2 missions.. and im not holding my breath on persona's ..

so , so far we are less 2 missions and not gonna count on persona's .. what does this expansion have for the grouper ? not much ..

I have 15 accounts ..I pre-ordered the basic version on my main account .. and from what i hear so far I think thats all i'm gonna order..

Experience already sux grinding killing mobs .. the only way to lvl post 110 is for the heroic missions . and now we have 5 extra lvls to go from 120 to 125 with 2 missions.. and whatever the merc/partisans will provide ..

NO Beuno Dev's .. I'm not happy ..

oh and also the DX 11 was postponed , so whats with that .. and the UI sux and you went live with it when it wasnt even finished ..

I hope people talk with there wallets this expansion .. maybe ya'll get your heads out of your you know what and listen to the majority ..

and for all you people out there whinning , stop talking and whinning and do something about it .. i for one wont be buying this expansion for anymore of my accounts this year..
  19. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

Yes...I think many people would prefer more content to shinier armor.
  20. TheStugots Augur

I only see groupers talking about unsubbing or not buying. Devs got it right.