Laurion's Song: Only 2 Missions and 8 Raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cassiera, Oct 18, 2023.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Lets hope the two missions are easily doable by the majority of group players. I am sure some missions get repeated over and over while others do not.
    Hobs and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  2. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I burned out in ToV from it. Repeating the GD event in group missions and then Raids was just too much Deja vu.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm expecting NoS XP to still get nerfed though.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I understood just fine. You didn't understand me or you would know what you said is wrong.
  5. Windance Augur

Honestly its really hard to motivate myself to do any of them anymore.

After doing them over and over enough times to get a full set of type 5's its hard to go back.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Once upon a time the dev team gathered & decided that only having 1 or 2 people design raids really was not good for the game.

Then Absor was left to do it by himself.

There is a problem here & Absor is not the problem
    Hobs, Yinla, Metanis and 8 others like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I have no idea what the problem is but I doubt it has anything to do with him not being willing to teach anyone how to do them.

And group missions should be easier to do and we get only two this year.
    Tarvas likes this.
  8. Conq Augur

I would like to trade Overseer, Alternate Personas and 3 updated UI windows that don't play well with every other window in my UI for (at the very least) the same volume of content I purchased last year. I am willing to pay the same price as last year, unless you are providing more content. If there is less content, it should go as unsaid, that I expect to pay less.
    Conq
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The answer may simply be ....Time.

I am willing to bet that time is simply something devs have far too little of, it is not a big team, each dev has multiple areas of repsonsibility and I would think a big part of why EQ is so profitable is just how much juice gets squeezed from every dev, even if we as players feel like we get less game every year, individual devs are probably doing more now than ever.

But at some point there is a limitation on corporate-driven efficiency and you simply need more people to make a better product, I think EQ has been on the pointy end of that stick for a long time.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am with you except on the UI conversion but for that I would have liked to see it go much faster. The older I get the more I really need a better solution for text size and such.

For group missions being less content it depends what the 2 missions we get are like. There have usually been missions I would do once and thats it while others I would repeat over and over.

If either of the two group missions are ones I won't want to repeat I may be done with EQ. At least as far as buying expansions.

The grinding part of the game for leveling better get better if group missions are on the way out.
    Xeladom, Marton and Rijacki like this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Aye that is the most likely answer. And if a new EQ is being looked at the money for it comes from somewhere and possibly the initial work.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

That's fine, you can continue to believe you have all the facts and that everyone is doing everything right.
  13. CrazyLarth Augur

I expect that some items being worked on is for the Anniversary 2024 I am hoping.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Sissruukk like this.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That isn't what I said.
    Raccoo likes this.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Hobs, Fenthen, Xeladom and 1 other person like this.
  16. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Source please. Where did you here this?
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's common sense.

Many devs have made raids over the years.
    As more experienced devs have left the company, they are replaced with newer devs.
    Newer devs take time to learn how to do things.
    Raids take the longest time to learn of all because they are the most complicated part of content to make. They can, and sometimes do, include all other aspects of game creation:
    • NPCs
    • Spells
    • AAs
    • Items
    • Rewards
    • Achievements
    • Lots and LOTs of complicated scripting

It takes time for new devs to learn how to do these things.
    It isn't always made obvious which devs make which quests, but if you know who made what, you can see how they get better over time.

It's just like any job, you get better at it the more you do it, and you can do more complicated tasks once you learn them.

The claim being made in this thread is that no one is being taught how to do new things, which is ridiculous.
    Raccoo, Skuz and Sancus like this.
  18. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Common sense is not facts. Please show the article or web link where this was said.
    Tatanka likes this.
  19. Slasher Augur

You need a semi dedicated expansion team. Instead of taking the revenue the expansion generates to hire people to create the content they just use the current team and limit the expenses related to creating new content by doing so. This is why every expansion gets smaller and smaller. Using current devs is fine but you really need temp developers to come in and take some of the load off.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

I'm ALSO upset about missions, lol. I run missions daily throughout the year. I don't know why this is "garbage". People who only group constantly pipe up to say that their preferences aren't always the same as raiders. And that makes sense to me. Not sure why it doesn't to you.