Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. WeCameWeConquered Elder

You mispelled "power level".

There is no grouping to level in older content.
    Hobs, Lujack Dhrakoth and Nennius like this.
  2. uberkingkong Augur

Exactly going to be a lot of PLing, and it eventually ends when they have all their stuff. Just like achievements. Its just a timesink benefiting end game players.
    New/Returning players they don't want to start 1 again, they trying to get max level and they stuck at lvl 101 or so.

What personas does too but no one is talking about, Roleplaying.
    Wizard porting you, you know their name well back in the days you did.
    Now change persona boom done, don't need to talk to anyone, no more roleplaying.

Too much seriousness, end game only benefits.

New/Returning nothing to return for.
    They've played other classes at level 1, they already know other classes. They behind, they are not looking for
    Personas timewasters
    people from behind are not looking for timewasters. They waste enough time trying to LFG. Killing a mob and getting next to nothing. No gear upgrades since they can't kill any nameds or do any missions.

Personas maybe good in TLPs btw, I would not want a persona TLP server, there are better TLP ideas than Persona one. However again Personas kills roleplaying vibes so have to take that into consideration, maybe a PoP unlock unlocks Personas too. Personas would be good in EQ3 too. It's not a bad thing on Live servers.
    However, old ancient Live servers this isn't any incentive for a new/returning player. So if this is what they consider incentives for new/returners dead wrong with that thinking.

Shroud system though, even if its level 75 minimum to do a shroud MM with a lvl 125. If the 75 is getting 20% xp or so, thats benefit. Even at say 105, 20% xp or even 10%, for like 45 minute MM, thats progress. Benefits everyone. Especially if you can earn rewards too.
    Dains, OMM thats received well. Yet how long since?
    Received well things, they take forever or they forget.
    NOT RECEIVED well, they seem to continue on with them.
    UF expansion, not received well. YET they make every expansion since then UF like.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Yes, I too hate Daybreak making money.

To no one's surprise, you are both wrong AND miss the point. FF14 takes a more than a week to do A Realm Reborn MSQ, let alone the many expacs of story that are required.

EQ it takes maybe a month?

Also, you keep saying FF14 is 'easy' when it is drastically harder than EQ at every single point.

Making multiple posts, repeating the same nonsense over and over doesn't strengthen your argument. It just shows you have nothing of substance.
  4. uberkingkong Augur

Aint nothing wrong with hard, and yes FF14 is harder.
    But its making it hard at the right areas.

Making getting to max level hard, thats one of the wrong areas to make a game hard. FFXIV does not do that. But EQ does.
  5. CdeezNotes Augur

Good thing you ridiculed those concerned about grind exp.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have no problem with Daybreak selling Kronos.

I do have a problem with having a bed pan on my inventory window. It should be at char select so it can be clicked before someone logs in if they have dropped from all access.
  7. Windance Augur

I can see this as a nice thing for TS'ers.

Need something enchanted? Swap to chanter.
    Need something tinkered? Swap to a gnome? ( does it swap races? or just classes? )
    Jennre, Ozon, Riou and 2 others like this.
  8. Marton Augur

Hmmm, what benefit does this have for someone on Live? I just don't see it as very helpful tbh.

Majority of people already have boxes for tinkering, rogues for collecting, wizards and druids for ports or dps or whatever.

If I want shaman buffs, I'll make a shaman on another account so it can buff my main. If I want pet class, I'll make pet class on another account so I get to box it with my main.

I see benefits for raids.

Raid composition will be trivial with Personas.

Assuming Mains raid lockouts won't apply to Personas I see this benefiting to people who want to raid in several guilds. Acquiring achievements is time consuming affair. Once completed with Main, it will be great to have them on Personas.

I guess we will see when more info comes out next week.
  9. Wildeone New Member

The benefit is mostly for live. It's artificial content to keep people busier for a year. After a few months, everyone is geared up on live and you can start using your raid currency or rots to gear your persona.

TLPs generally move too fast for someone to realistically keep many personas up to speed.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Slasher Augur

Why not edit your inventory ui to remove it so you dont see it anymore :)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Tatanka like this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think they are hoping this will evolve the game so when forming a group you dont need to wait for a tank; just have someone swap over.
    Swiss, Skuz, Riou and 1 other person like this.
  12. fransisco Augur

I Agree that this is only targeted at live (especially since why would TLP people buy a new expac).
    I think it would be fun to have my main character learn parts of other classes. Have druid for some ports. Even if I dont play a druid seriously, I can have access to all the ports now.

I also expect they will allow you to purchase herioc tokens for new classes too.

Inventory management will be interesting, cause you're gonna need the space for every gear set. Race starts to matter too, cause your class options are limited by that.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

If I am able to persona to a gnome rogue and level poison + tinkering and have it make my AP easier to cap on my main... That alone would be HUGE.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and code-zero like this.
  14. Angahran Augur

I moved the krono stuff onto the alt currency tab.
  15. Riou EQResource

There should be another Evolver, yes, which might be weird with Personas unless it's all/all maybe

It all depends on how they let you to swap, for example the UI piece doesn't have a swap there (though the feature isn't fully implemented yet iirc), so maybe it's a NPC in PoK or something? Then you'd have to commit to the Class to play instead of a bunch of cheese you could do in the open world with any time swapping
  16. Riou EQResource

There is an option to use the 85 and 100 Heroic on your Persona Slot, yes, level being a column has to mean it can be different level from your main class, so it probably does mean you have to level it up from 1

Inventory just buy bigger bags :p

The race thing will be interesting since Drakkin and Human have the highest class options at 13 each, if it is tied to this maybe they will sell more Race Change potions too, but also they want to sell you all 16 slots for each class

At the start it will probably be mostly a time sink getting each Persona up, but after that you could round out a group, or get out of a bad class (the melee classes), or even to help you solo or molo stuff that your class cant do

The people who cant or don't want to box also will possibly get access to those things to make it easier for their main class (porting around, TS help, SoS rogue for ground spawns/collectibles, etc)

The main worry would be how long until you get "forced" to a specific class because your main class is bad and has been bad for years, but at least it might be an option
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have no idea how all of this will shake out, but when the new expansion launches I think will let the braver souls among you play the part of the guinea pig. I am beginning to see many more possibilities for bugs. On the other hand, if I can play the part of class koala I may just jump right in.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would expect a REALLY long cooldown between swaps to prevent just that. Otherwise, everyone would just swap to their cleric/chanter/shaman persona buff bots to buff everyone, swap to their porting persona bots to get everybody somewhere, then swap back to their "real" toons. I can't imagine that's what they're wanting from this.
  19. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I see the bed pan but I always thought of it similar to a blood cell shape, a cell of time.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

I mean, is this such a bad thing? If someone leveled 5 other personas from 1-120 to buff themselves... is that a problem?
    demi, Jennre, Swiss and 3 others like this.