IF you could have 1 new class what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malkavius, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Iven the Lunatic

Post got moved into a new thread !
    Nennius likes this.
  2. kizant Augur

I'd like a caster that specializes in evocation spells. They'd be really good at nuking and that's about it.
    fransisco, Skuz, Szilent and 2 others like this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

ISWYDT
    Skuz, Allayna and kizant like this.
  4. Iven the Lunatic

Still worried about the wizard DPS ? :rolleyes:
  5. FYAD Augur

Virtually every "new" class idea is derivative of an already existing class or some form of multiclassing of existing classes.
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. FYAD Augur

I was going to say "wizard" but then you specified "good" at nuking, so they're ruled out.
    fransisco and kizant like this.
  7. ranjaboy New Member

Bureaucrat - the most powerful class, by far, in the game. The ability to tax anything and anyone. Regulatory control over leveling, gaining and using AA"s and the ability to control and manage which guilds can access raids. Improves in level and power as player complaints multiply. The Bureaucrat can make Named pop.....for a price and a cut of the loot. He/she can impose additional criteria to leveling. Your loss is their gain.
    jeskola likes this.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

RIFT's chloromancer for a 4th healer. Vanguard Bloodmage was also said earlier and would be OK as well.

Basically just want a healer that heals via doing damage, not just playing whack a mole with player bars.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Blood mage and disciple were great. Vanguard was ahead of its time.
  10. CdeezNotes Augur

Something equivalent to the Amazon class in D2, especially a javazon.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good choices there.
  12. Loki4567 Lorekeeper

I'd take a trader class. Their mechanic is buying and selling items for more than 2milpp on the bazaar.
  13. strongbus Augur

that sound like fun. just a class that is full of dd with a tot heal on them.
  14. Koveras Elder

Looks like Ideas that can be considered into making Sub-Classes where they would have their own AA Lines between Archtype and Class.

If there was one other class, either a 4th Priest class called the Anchorite that can use candle effects as auras or a Melodist class that specializes in singing and instruments.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

A class that you have to pass in order to post on the forums.
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  16. Smak Augur

like the drivers license you need for a concealed pistol license, oh wait thats just 45$ and some ink on your paws... ok drivers license to deploy the english language, if you dont get an a in ap english in high school
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Tell us more. And don't forget the footnotes.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

I don't know, but I think the engineer classes some RPGs have is something EQ doesn't. I'm not sure if they tend to be a bit too advanced, but probably not in comparison to Meldrath's Mansion and associated floating island.

I'm not saying I want EQ to have a gun-based class, but I really can't think of anything else off hand. I don't think the game needs new classes.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

Maybe a merchant class with Sicilian overtones. I sell your stuff. I keep some of it. You complain and I send you to a dead TLP server.
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I want a new healer class; along with tracking damage types.

Like instead of just having 5000 out of 10000 HP left; you would have 10000 HP base, and wounded for 2000 fire damage, 1250 disease damage, and 1750 blunt force damage.

Healing spells would all be revamped to have a type that they would be very effective for, along with an amount of wildcard healing.

Druids(and rangers), for example, would be best at healing Fire/Cold/Slashing damage; Shamans(Beastlord) best at Poison/Disease/Piercing, and Cleric(Paladin) 'Magic'/Corruption/Blunt damage. Add Fire/Poison to Necro's and Cold/Disease to SKs heals. Make Wizard runes better at blocking fire/cold damage, Necro runes poison/disease, enchanter runes Magic/Corruption.

New class would have specialized heals for every damage type, that also add a rune for that damage type. **but reduced 'wildcard' healing effect,** so they can possibly heal even better than clerics... but require a lot more work to pick what spells to cast in each battle.