Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. FranktheBank Augur

The producer letter has this line:

Which seems too good to be true. How would that work with class specific gear?
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Many questions about this. The possible bugs are huge.
    Hobs, blurpppa, alanus and 2 others like this.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The teaser statement could be anything. It might even be something like a replacement for the shroud system but similar to it.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I am voting Shrouds 2.0, because we all use Shrouds 1.0 constantly
    Hobs, Thundersnake, blurpppa and 7 others like this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

I do every day. :confused:
  6. Knifen Augur

Maybe next expansion every mission is a monster mission and thats the new term for it. Persona
    alanus and Kaenneth like this.
  7. fransisco Augur

I see this like FFXIV. You can switch between classes, so one character can have every class.
    You can't do it in combat of course.

So imagine this, your character when in ooc regen can switch to another class. Given it starts at lvl 1 with no AAs, but now you can level it up to 125. You'll have to camp a new set of gear for that character of course, plus AAs once you get past autogrant.
    Slayer and hunter acheivement move over. Now you gotta get all 16 classes maxed on your toon!
    Skuz likes this.
  8. strongbus Augur

I was thinking more of the 1st FF online game where you could be one class but have another class as sub that you could learn up to 1/2 your main class level of spells
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

I wonder if that means that they are opening up all classes to all races. If so, how many Drizzt's are going to be running around?
  10. fransisco Augur

While eq devs don't even pretend that class balance exists, letting you combine abilities of other classes would be a new level of broken.
    Wdor, Joules_Bianchi, Hobs and 4 others like this.
  11. fransisco Augur

Is there any race that can be all classes?
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Not currently (maybe human?). But with this coming into play, it could be possible.
  13. Pops Racer Olde Faht

Humans?
  14. Drewie Augur

Humans can't be Beastlord, Berserker or Shaman, so no.
    Annastasya and Fenthen like this.
  15. strongbus Augur

ohh I agree but man it be fun. I love both bst and necros. wounder what a combo of those 2 would be like.
  16. Soulbanshee Augur

No, unless they completely ripped out the static class/race array gamewide reference and made a dynamic class/race system.
  17. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Sounds like alternate to working on class balance.
    Hobs, B0HICA, Tucoh and 3 others like this.
  18. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Sounds interesting, hopefully they have the resources to implement, maintain and grow it.

I'm expecting there to be Persona key ring slots available in the Marketplace.
    Hobs, Skuz, Ssdar and 1 other person like this.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

Hrm, what about an updated shroud system?
  20. jeskola pheerie

I envision restrictions such as 7-day (or longer) lockout on switch, hours-long cool down on all spells and abilities after the switch, etc