Chain killing no namers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Final tally for me, from the two-weeks bonus:

Got 85 names I needed, from many various zones. That doesn't include about 15 more which were dupes. So, I'd say the bonus, in general, was working just fine. The most rounds of spawns I had to clear to spawn the named was ~7. The only one I wanted but didn't get was the Corrupted Grove Guardian in FM. My theory on that one is that there are SO many PHs, that the chance of spawning the name from any one spot if pretty low. Combined with the super-fast respawn in FM, and you can only clear about 8-10 before repops, which is less than 1/4 of all the PHs. I gave up after about 10 rounds, will hit it again during the Second Life bonus time (much bigger bonus to names).

I'm there are probably some names which have issues in the code, and that may be why people didn't seem to see any results from the bonus, but I think those are the exceptions, not the rule.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I do think it is a Euro term. Like the superfluous "U", as in colour and labour in British English. And even it that isn't true, I will stick to that story for now. :)
  3. Iven the Lunatic

Look at that, it could be from vietnam but the first entry might be better:

Namer
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Dunno, as a Brit I have always called named mobs named, I've no recollection of ever calling them "nameds" either sinced named is both singular & plural like Sheep.

I haven't any recall of the Euro folks I played with calling them "namers" either, besides to me calling them namers is complete nonsense, the devs are the only "namers" in EQ since they named the mobs with names.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

The devs might drop phat l3wt ... :cool:
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They do, once a year.
    Fanra and Nennius like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

I should have explained a bit more. My reason for thinking it was a European term was because I first heard it from the old Nurmall group on Sol Ro. They were from Europe and I just assumed. Incorrectly, it would seem.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im pretty sure thats a cross-mmo term that originated in wow.
  9. Kompacte_of_Test Journeyman

I don't know when this started. I hate it. Who are these people and why won't they go back where they came from?
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

Iswydt but what about burgers, koalas, and pizza !?
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

How about a koala illusion? Very slow moving with limited defensive skills and a desperate need to hide in a tree.
  12. Crashdummy Elder

Was out earlier today with a slaughter crew, killing trash and a Rare was in the way, so took it out, on the way around again it had repopped in the same spot, so took it out again, third cycle, it was back up in the same spot, so killed it again, and the bonus rares, is over and reduced timer is in. Such is life. (We did have a halfling in group, rumor is that a halfling foot brings good luck.)
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

I doubt its Euro because I have played with Hinanthewiz since 2004 and Namer was never used. I have also always been on BB server so to me it was drug in from one of the refugee servers that could not make it, and forced upon us.

Namer sounds as bad as Molo or plink.
    Kompacte_of_Test likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I like Pizza topped with Burgers & Koalas, but its better with Halflings & Gnomes.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Druids & Rangers are actually Koalas then?
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

In some alternate universes, yes.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Markessa New Member

Same problem, and have had no named mobs in instances or loot dropping.
  18. Kompacte_of_Test Journeyman

This reminds me of the creation of the formerly ubiquitous "pwn." In the newbie areas of Vallon Zek, in the days of corpse runs and being able to loot plat from PvP, we gradually saw people crowing to their vanquished foes "you got pwned!" The fat fingers who were trying to type "owned," which made perfect sense, gave way to later comers who thought that "pwned" wasn't a typo. But the "R" key is nowhere near the "D" key, so "named" to "namer" had to be a choice by a player, and those who perpetuate it must do so out of a misplaced sense of moral superiority.