The new ore types(nos)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Sep 23, 2023.

1. smash Augur

Can their in their lore be so you can see what they for,???
    Example power, cannot know that with a look
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Celephane Augur

What?
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

I think the OP wants a description of the purpose of each ore in a lore tab. Not a bad idea.
  4. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Have their lore be informative of the item made, like "two handed weapon" for power
  5. Brickhaus Augur

I am assuming he's talking about the otherworldly and apparitional pieces. There's not a lore tab on any of the items, which could tell you what they are (for the ones that do not have an obvious name).

It would be nice. But given the track record, I'm pretty sure they want to confuse the players.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Adding something to the item notes about what item it creates may be useful. I just checked and yeah, it's very vague. The armor is pretty straight forward but the non-visibles (especially the weapons) are super vague.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd rather we just went back to 1 ore.
  8. Windance Augur

I'd rather we get the majority of the gear from coins. Double the coin drop. Half the loot drops.

I hate how the chests drop a random amount of T2 loot.

Tonight we got 5x pieces which was great. Before that last three raids were 2x each. Meh.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Why, then a Dev will just increase the overall cost 5-10 times to compensate for the coin.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Of course, the dev reasoning is: if it ain't broke...break it...then fix it in the most god-awful way possible.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People complained about being able to get a BIS item for any slot with the old ore system making the dropped items useless, I would wager that the new system is their response to those complaints.
  12. Brickhaus Augur

No, certain people complained ... most didn't. The developers chose to listen to the minority (but loud) voices and change it up.

Pretty much the dev's MO for awhile now. You would think they would stop listening to the same non-representative players ... but it's like they cannot help themselves. Probably too busy posting/responding to dumb memes in Discord.
  13. Allayna Augur

Go back to singular ore.

Add back in the random chase loot item from chests, that are then purchasable if you have all the achievements, like in RoF. Don't nerf them later down the line, like the anniversary wep, Vander's Bane.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Assuming this is what you mean:

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Night_of_Shadows#Tradeskilled

For each of the below, the name of the item begins with either Otherworldly (group) or Apparitional (raid):
    Marton and Nennius like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said it was lots of people, just that they saw complaints on the forums about the TS loot and that the changes are likely their response to it. This isn't the first time people have complained and a change happens that they don't like.
  16. Grove Augur

Focus of Fortitude - Augmentations for slots 7 and 4
    Focus of Heroism - Augmentations for slot 5
  17. Cadira Augur

Never understood where the majority of the confusion came from.

Vast majority of players know the essence of finesse and power are for 1h or 2h weapons, but dont know which. How the hell does the word "power" not obviously scream 2h, and the word "finesse" not obviously scream 1h? Like a larger thing is clearly associated with more power in this context. Come on.

Things like amice has been used the entire game and even more recently in the items name, clearly a shoulder but people get confused.

The only one confusing to start was the augs, heroism and fortitude. Easy way to remember is you need "hero" missions to buy your type 5, and heroism is the type 5 augs. Process of elimination means fortitude is the rest of em.

I'm not against putting something in lore tab, but if people weren't just stupid we'd be mostly ok.

I prefer the tol system to nos, and think ros had the best system - Make ores the lower tier gear (remove the need for a diamond to make a ts component, that was dumb) and give us the random items as bis with the cool names.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because people forget from time to time? Not sure what the problem in general with having the slot/item type that gets created listed on the lore tab is to make it easier for people to know what will be made from it is.
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Cadira Augur

People forget the phone they're looking for is in their hand from time to time. Myself included. Doesn't mean it's not incredibly silly when you find it!
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And it isn't a reason to not include the information on the lore tab to make it easier for people to remember what is used for what. This would also include the items used to make various augs which are not anywhere near as clear as the parts to make the items.