Fixed Reset device () failed worse than ever!

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sarrwin, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Sarrwin New Member

Ever since the lag issue alt+tabbing was fixed this error has been creeping up, for me, too frequently. I used to be able to alt+tab to check websites and come back with nest to no chance of it happening now its like a 1 in 3 occurrence. I can't repeat any specific circumstances that might cause it other than alt+tab back into EQ. Seriously you should have tested the new engine ***ALOT*** before you let it lose.

And yes i've upgraded GDX drivers to latest, and yes i've checked file integrity, and yes i reinstalled the damn game and NOTHING fixes it. ETA on final fix please or when you will be reverting back to old engine COMPLETELY!
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

I true box all my characters and my reset device fails only playing one character per computer since the last patch. Playing in full screen if I tab out to look at the browser ect it gives me the reset device fails and I have to relog. Super frustrating and I don't even want to play.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've been getting this a lot more since the last patch.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Does playing in windowed mode for all characters reduce the severity/frequency of this happening?
  5. Lodestar The Undefeated

Make sure you are not running 4x4 AA (anti-aliasing) and too many characters, that will induce crashes vs. 2x2 AA or less for everyone. Also ensure GPU core or memory freq. is not overclocked too far, which will also consistently induce ResetDevice crashes.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've had it crash with only 1 char logged in, when I went to check my emails. As I said this wasn't an issue before the patch and nothing other than EQ has been changed on my system.
  7. kookoo Augur

i am boxing 6 on same computer / screen , i dont use any 3rd party software.
    i didn't had any issues in the past or rarely , but since the last patch , here and there a logged char just poof , no link dead , when i switch toon i see there is one gone .

and when i am zoning my toons to another zone, here and there ,one char won't zone and seem stuck in the world . even if i am waiting 15min + he wont get back,and i need to go to task manager to get rid of it.
    i rarely had any issues zoning and all in the past , just since last patch it seem.
  8. Spartee New Member

This is happening to me and many others I know in game. Please post an official fix or correct this issue. This started with last patch and I had zero issues with device reset failure prior to latest patch.
  9. demi Augur

never had this reset device set to 0 failed before the patch, but ever sense i uncheked the box to revert back to old UI i get it all the time now .. i 4 -6 box and if I leave my toons online for awhile and my screensaver comes on then move my mouse a few of my toons crash with that reset failed error message .. or if im alt-tabbing alot ..
  10. Vedian Lorekeeper

Since the August 16, 2023 patch I have been experiencing new crashes very frequently when alt-tabbing from full screen. Playing on TLP servers. I haven't found anything specific that will trigger it like zone or other Windows applications open. Some days it's mostly fine and others its about 50/50 if it will crash the client when alt-tabbing. When it crashes there is a small window that pops up and when closing this small window it closes the crashed EQ client as well.
    scaethach likes this.
  11. Aanuvane Augur

I wasn't doing anything - I was working on my work PC while my personal PC was just sitting here with my traders on....all four accounts gave a Reset device () error and crashed.
  12. Vedian Lorekeeper

13. Thunderkiks Augur

This is getting super annoying. I have to make sure I dont tab out during raids at all or suffer this though its not 100% of the time. That is going to make it harder to fix most likely.
    Knifen likes this.
  14. Malbro Augur

I've gotten this when using Magelo's sync program. 3 times I think.
  15. Hegsheoshed Augur

It got worse.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  16. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

No. I always play in windowed. It happens every time I leave my trader online overnight.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

I have not had this occur since re-enabling the terrible New UI. It only happened (about once per day) when I had the New UI = 0 in the eqclient.ini
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Tabbed out to hand an alt some spell gems and the other account gets the reset device message. :mad:
  19. Pikollo Augur

Any word on this? It's extremely annoying.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its odd how it comes and goes for me. Usually its numerous times per day and about last Friday to today...none at all
    Miss_Jackie likes this.