Which TLP for me

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Randomized, Aug 15, 2023.

1. Randomized Augur

Never really played a TLP before.

Given that, I'm not one for pre-PoP. I rather enjoy TSS+ expansions.

There used to be a TLP that started you off at level 85 in HoT but I think it was merged or taken down. That one seemed interesting enough but I can't find anything on it.

Rule sets really don't matter much to me.
  2. Pikollo Augur

The 85 in HoT is dead already. Pretty sure it merged.

Agnarr Lost Dungeons of Norrath
    Aradune House of Thule
    Coirnav Claws of Veeshan
    Mangler The Darkened Sea
    Mischief Secrets of Faydwer
    Oakwynd Kunark
    Ragefire Empires of Kunark
    Rizlona House of Thule
    Thornblade Secrets of Faydwer
    Vaniki House of Thule
    Yelinak Omens of War

Thats current TLP expansions. Oakwynd being the newest. Vaniki you can get claimable rewards but there aren't many people that play it any more. Mischief and Thornblade is free trade + random loot and is probably the more popular rulesets. Honestly not sure how the other TLP's are doing.

Since you like TSS + I'd say Mischief or Thornblade as they are the closest to the era. Mischief has a much higher pop then Thornblade but Thornblade does have 6 raid guilds still. So it depends if you want a higher pop or a lower pop. If you try Thornblade you can hit Pikollo or Pappapepper up if you're looking for a guild.
    Randomized likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A couple things to note about Oakwynd is that it also has a first to engage mechanic and will offer a new (or improved) bonus as each expansion unlocks. Those bonuses might make it worth choosing it as they improve.
    Randomized likes this.
  4. Randomized Augur

Oakwynd sounds interesting and I may see if it is still holding around GoD/OoW era but I think I'll look into the two you mentioned.

Ive never gotten into the raid scene, but I do enjoy group content. I'm not sure if that'll sway server selection or not.

How are Paladins, Rogues, and Rangers in SoD/UF? Since I'm sure those will be the expansions that are current once I get close to max level
  5. Pikollo Augur

When Paladins get splash they become GREAT. And in the later velious expansions they top dps tables cuz of slay undead. I can't say much for Rangers and Rogues. I know Rangers get better in those era's but I don't know by how much. And I think rogues just kind of stay along the same line. Never improving by much but never becoming useless or anything.
    Randomized likes this.
  6. Noxious New Member

I play on Mischief and Oakwynd. The ruleset on Mischief is the best around, thats my opinion only of course. Oakwynd FTE mechanics suck in my opinion, but the added bonuses we get are pretty cool. Also, if you are looking for group content, it is much harder to find groups as servers progress. Even high population servers like mischief. If you want to group, you still should join a guild and raid just a little bit so you can find a stable spot and people to grind with. Enjoy your time back friend, we are all glad to have more players around!
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Mangler is in Empires of Kunark, Vaniki is in Veil of Alaris, and Coirnav no longer exists at all. Otherwise yeah this is the list you want.
    Randomized likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Of those servers only Rizlona, Vaniki, Yelinak and Oakwynd have no Truebox. IF that makes any difference to your choice.
    Randomized likes this.
  9. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

Aradune has progressed pretty far, and the population on the server should still be lively enough for most content.. Obviously the highest player population would be Oakwynd, but seeing you want TSS+ it may take awhile..
    Randomized likes this.
  10. Randomized Augur

Not really. Last I played I did have a 3 box team, but that was also just how Live worked :p Just kind of hoping to focus on one character right now until I get caught up to everyone. Then we can see.

I did create a Ranger on Thornblade just to get my feet wet again.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Chopsuey Augur

Not to poo on Thornblade. But reroll Mischief before you spend too much time there. Unless you like having a server all to yourself with no items in the bazaar.
  12. Pikollo Augur

Was taken from Zam. I guess they are not fully up to date.
    Randomized likes this.
  13. Randomized Augur

I had planned on getting up today and rolling a Paladin on Mischief today just so I can see the difference in population/economy and forgot wednedays are maintenance days >.<
  14. Pikollo Augur

Or stay so you don't have to deal with box armies/bots monopolizing camps? I was on Mischief last night watching a dude ask where he could xp that wasn't taken up by box armies and autobots lol.
    Yinla and Randomized like this.
  15. Randomized Augur

I mean, I have nothing but time. So long as I can find a group every now and then to push past xp plateau's, it shouldn't be horrible
  16. Takk Elder

Mischief is definitely one of the most popular, but not without its own challenges (bots, etc). They all have something. Of those classes, Paladins are pretty underwhelming until UF, then suddenly take off with Splash super hard. Rogues ramp up over the first couple expansions to land in a good place, though do take hitting their discs regularly to reach peak DPS and aren't at the top of the DPS charts most expansions. Rangers are always kinda in the middle. Auspice for raids is great, especially post UF when Tranquil Blessings come out, but otherwise they usually middle DPS and are the jack-of-all-trades-middler I always expect them to be. That's my experience on Aradune (which is up to House of Thule).

Play what is fun, for sure, though.

If you do love HoT and decide you want to try raiding, I'd certainly be happy to give you some help leveling/etc if you want to come to Aradune :p. On any of those classes. It's a great time to catch up and the server still has quite a few guilds going strong.
  17. Pikollo Augur

If you want to hit Pikollo up I can invite you to our guild and gaming community. I'll be on today after the patch and we raid tonight. There's no requirement to raid. We have morning folks, people that don't raid etc. So may be easier to find a group.
  18. Chopsuey Augur

There are usually power levelers in some of the more popular zones for sure. Velks in particular. There's a lot of other options for that level range. I would take that plus all the pro's of Mischief over the cons of Thornblade.
  19. Lineater Augur

That guy must have forgot which server he logged into. Anyone complaining about "camps" on Mischief is clueless.
  20. Captain Video Augur

Not to pick a nit, but Oakwynd is a truebox server until OoW unlocks, which is a year away.
    Rijacki likes this.