Clerics, what's your current multi-bind? mid-2023

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Metanis, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Metanis Bad Company

So I didn't want to necro this thread...

Basic Healing Setup for Raid Clerics for RoS (Multi-Bind Method) | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)

... but I wanted to ask raid clerics what you're currently using for the majority of your NoS healing?

We're at that mid-summer stretch where raids are mostly automatic. So I thought this would be a good time to change things up a bit. Last night I changed my routine heal multi by adding Ecliptic Blessing.

Since I'm really lazy I only use a single multi-bind for all raiding and then cast other spells manually as needed. My "\" key is my trigger and since last nights change it casts:

Promised Reclamation
    Ecliptic Blessing
    Remedy 116
    Remedy 111
    Remedy 106
    Evil Eye twincast click

What's yours?
  2. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

I wouldn't put Promised Reclamation on a spam key, it refreshes before it goes off, so you aren't ever getting it to trigger. You are just benefiting from the mitigation AA tied to the spell.
    Kialya likes this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

The AA heal is what I'm going for!

Although my GINA trigger for the Promised fulmination goes off often enough to tell me I'm getting that benefit as well. And while Promised is in cool down it has negligible timing effect on the remaining spells in the multi-bind. It's sort of like a win-win-win!
    gnomeboss likes this.
  4. Szilent Augur

I don't put Promised first in my key bind, because it's not good at rescuing randos who just get bopped by an add or an AE. But it's definitely in there. Having it a step deeper appears to all but guarantee that the trigger triggers. I hit 14/14/14 casts/interps/triggers this week going Guileless-Sincere-Syllable-Promised-AtonedIntervention in the Myconid Mutiny raid.

this is from the tank's incoming heal log:
    Code:
    Name                              %Player    Heal    #Heals  OverHealed    %Over    HPS    SHPS    Sec    MaxHeal    AvHeal    AvCrit    AvLucky    %Crit    %TC
    Promised Interposition Heal X      2.66    1,032,004    14    865,126    83.83    2,991    1,791    345    111,083    73,714    101,037    72,547    50    -
    Promised Redemption Trigger III    1.63    632,854    13    1,701,765    268.9    1,959    1,098    323    193,720    48,681    80,099    32,286    69.23    -
    what's notable to me is the AvHeals of Promised being as good or better than the direct heals':
    Code:
    Name                            %Player    Heal    #Heals    OverHealed    %Over    HPS    SHPS        Sec    MaxHeal    AvHeal    AvCrit    AvLucky    %Crit    %TC
    Guileless Remedy Rk. III          12.77    4,945,769    95    18,577,265    375.62    9,603    8,586    515    323,636    52,060    32,642    73,811    76.84    11.58
    Sincere Remedy Rk. III            8.28    3,208,163    76    12,750,505    397.44    6,340    5,569    506    240,709    42,212    39,181    62,171    73.68    9.21
    Refreshing Splash Rk. III          6.06    2,347,310    66    14,745,852    628.2    5,927    4,075    396    256,172    35,565    36,620    38,423    83.33    24.24
    Syllable of Invigoration Rk. III  5.4    2,091,131    34    9,479,873    453.34    4,818    3,630    434    350,661    61,503    33,919    68,795    76.47    5.88
    Atoned Intervention Rk. III        3.12    1,208,814    19    8,290,001    685.8    2,534    2,098    477    382,240    63,621    41,336    95,560    73.68    10.53
    with the substantial caveat that basically only one healer per active tank gets to use it, of course.
    Phaith, Tour and Metanis like this.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

That's a good observation. I might move mine after the 2nd remedy too!
  6. Zipe The Healer

This heal numbers for this raid are weird. Only 6% Splashes on one of the raids with the most AE dmg?
    Promised: I only use it before pulls, then I unmem it before the pulltimer goes off. I feel that this skill isn't worth the fizzle time basically because it only heals once and it, lets say, doesn't play well it others and your recast.

These are my numbers for Mycanoid:

[IMG]
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Brickhaus Augur

It's probably because your commas and periods are reversed.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Do you use different multibinds depending on if your heal target is in your group? I've heard a few others mention they have Syllable in their primary multibind, but to me it seems like an odd choice since you may be trying to heal someone not in your group. Or maybe there's something I'm entirely overlooking for 120 content, since I'm personally only up to level 105 content on Mangler currently.
  9. Zipe The Healer

If he's on a group with a couple of tanks this isn't so bad, specially because this event he's referring to have a lot of offtanking and ae dots, so constantly spamming syllable (which also triggers synergy) is good.
    I use syllable on my primary multibind on group content because I am boxed so this way I can totally forget about healing the rest of the groupmembers cuz they are getting hit with syllabe now and then.
    Metanis and Szilent like this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I didn't see a smiley emoji, so not sure if you were being playful, or maybe you just didn't know.....

In Europe (not sure if everywhere there, or just certain countries), they reverse the use of the comma and period in numbers, compared to the US.

I have no idea how or why the use is opposite, but that's why you're seeing it.
    Metanis likes this.
  11. Annastasya Augur

i have different spell sets (and thus different multibinds) for most events. But an example of a generic one goes something like this:

Ward
    Remedy 1
    Ecliptic
    Intervention 1
    Intervention 2
    Remedy 2
    Renewal 1

i have a second mini-multibind i use for group heals. i typically have up both Syllable and Word, and the multibind will cast Syllable first, and then Word if Syllable is on cool down.

If it's an appropriate event, and positioning is right, i cast splash pretty much whenever it's available, or timed to hit just after a big AE, or the moment after a group of adds make contact with the raid.

That usually leaves me room for Group Elixir, Group Symbol and Divine Mediation which i keep hotkeys up for. And there's a bunch of AAs and clickies that can be used during universal cool down or as anticipated, i like to keep busy casting.

While i would not try to argue someone out of the 3 remedy set up, i stopped using our 106 Remedy quite awhile back, it simply was not keeping up with damage or tank hp pools. You watch a tank getting chunked for 30% of his health every round and land that Merciful Remedy and his hitpoints go up by 4% and it just feels bad.
    Metanis likes this.
  12. Emilari UI Designer

The people I've talked to that have Syllable in their 'main' multibind are using it more to proc Templar's Synergy as often as possible versus using it as a normal as-needed group heal.

Personally, I run three multibinds during raids:

First Multibind:
    1) Guileless Remedy
    2) Sincere Remedy
    3) Determined Renewal (if we had a no-cure event like Mearatas, this would be Merciful Remedy)

I use this bind exclusively when I'm in a situation where I want to run no damage.

Second Multibind:
    1) Guileless Remedy
    2) Atoned Intervention
    3) Sincere Intervention
    4) Sincere Remedy
    5) Determined Renewal (or Merciful Remedy; see above)

This is my normal go-to single-target healing multibind. Some of my guildmates run a 3 intervention, 3 remedy bind which they've found to be more effective at single-target healing, but I personally can't justify the spell gem; I like to take a more balanced approach to healing.

Third Multibind:
    1) Refreshing Splash
    2) Syllable of Invigoration

This is my "group" heal multibind, which I prefer to keep separated from single-target heals. Sometimes I'll add on a Word group heal to this, but I haven't found it necessary this year.

My spellbar is rounded out with: Ward of Persistence, Ecliptic Blessing, Divine Mediation, and three 'swap slots' which tend to be Issuance of Conviction, Shining Fortitude, and Axoeviq's Retort most often lately.

I've tried both Ward and Ecliptic in multibinds before and found I dislike it, so I just free-cast those.
    Metanis likes this.
  13. Annastasya Augur

Ward almost always buys me a round of melee, don't know why more clerics don't use it often.

Word of Rejuvination i've found invaluable on the Mean Streets event, especially when doing achievements. But for the most part, i encourage my cleric team to use Syllable, Splash or Ecliptic for group heals first, then fall back on Word if you've got it up.

i don't use issuance very often, it shares a recast timer with something, i forget, but i use the other thing more often.
  14. Szilent Augur

I and clerics I'm guilded with use Ward a *ton* - but not in a keybind. This thread is "Clerics, what's your current multi-bind? mid-2023"
  15. Zipe The Healer

Issuance shares reuse with nothing. only itself, with a 5 min reuse. It's a huge raid heal, a mini Exquisite benediction, and you can cast double issuance by using FR. We have lots of events with AE dots on this expansion, tools like Issuance are very valuable.
    I have it on my 4th multibind, that's basically issuance+splash, made on purpose to remind myself to recast Issuance as soon as it's up.

About wards: I have 3 hotkeys that swap my spel loudouts: buffs, precombat and combat. Once buffs are done I load Precombat which includes promised and ward. When my raidleader triggers the engage sound I cast issuance then ward and promised on MT, then I immediately unload ward and promised by swapping to my combat spellloadout.
  16. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

My entire raid and group line up (My group healing is same as raiding because of how fast pace we are)

On a key bind for raiding, I'm rocking Remedy, Remedy, Remedy. and then i have a bind for each group heals and I always tag syllable first. Splash as needed / when more than 2 tanks are taking damage. Ward is used whenever it is up just about to kind of give you a 1 hit break to either Re DI / Shining / Rez etc. Eclipsed is whenever they spike a lot / don't have a different HP buff from other clerics as well on them depending on events, and I keep Elixir up whenever shamans done use there HoT in TB. I really see no other way to be using like Renewal or Interventions at all costs due to mass amounts of healing and mobs, quick pop heals work the best.

Remedy
    Remedy
    Remedy
    Intervention
    Persistence or Symbol
    Elixir
    Eclipsed
    Syllable
    Word
    Splash
    DI
    Shining
    Ward
    Metanis and Cadira like this.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

I've often thought about throwing something in it's place like an Intervention, but have never found anything I like for ALL circumstances.

Unlike some others who have posted I really dislike changing spell sets during raids. I've been caught too many times with my Buff set loaded when the <snip> hits the fan.
  18. Metanis Bad Company

Current bind that seems to be working well...

Guileless Remedy
    Promised Reclamation
    Ecliptic Blessing
    Sincere Remedy
    Ward of Persistence
    18th Rejuvenation
    Evil Eye Twincast click

I get a bit of spam on the 18th but it's harmless.

Thanks to all who commented and gave me good ideas. I can spam this pretty much mindlessly which actually then gives me time to think about what's actually happening in the event and do things like rezzing, buffing, moving, etc.
  19. Annastasya Augur

i dislike having fast-casting spells in my multibind that specifically fail to fire instantly if the wrong condition is met, like Yaulp or 18th line. While it may seem harmless it does cost you time, as the spell failing still triggers a universal cooldown, which is some fraction of a second, i forget how much, but it adds up.

Over the course of a long event you would lose several casts of something else that might be more useful. This is not crippling or anything, as there is a ton of wiggle room in current raid healing as far as being max efficient vs. being good enough. The vast majority is overhealing anyway, and it does depend a lot on the team you've got. Let's call it a pet peeve.
    Metanis likes this.
  20. Karhar Dream Crusher

i do a lot of unyielding nuke twin heal splashes these days, but i also use 2x remedy i may play around again with conventions/melee on fights i can swing it (no pun intended).
    Metanis likes this.