IF you could have 1 new class what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malkavius, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Malkavius Augur

So I was thinking about it the other day as a DnD player how cool it would be to have a spellblade style class in the game. A robe class that can't dual wield but only 1hs or 1hp and casts nukes and uses high dodge/block and runes to tank some damage. Now of course this would be a balancing nightmare vs other hybrids and how it would work but it's just a fun what if concept.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Since we are dreaming: Shapeshifter
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Cronar Elder

I would like to see the eq2 versions of classes brought in.
    Split the enchanter into illusionist and coercer
    Split the cleric into templar and inquisitor
    Split the bard into dirge and troubador
    Split the druid into fury and warden
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

None I would prefer any effort be on bigger expansions or fixes.
    Windance, Goranothos, Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  5. Tesserakt New Member

Either Vanguard's Disciple or Bloodmage

Or maybe instead of a new class, adding specializations to existing classes. For instance, Monks in Vanguard could specialize in Dragon, Drunken, or Harmonious style and they all played differently and had some specific subclass abilities.
  6. strongbus Augur

This is something I like to see them do. give each class say 3 new tabs of aa.(make each tab be equal in terms of power. if they are not then everyone just going pick the one that the most powerful) but make it so once you put a aa in one tab you can't spend aa's in the other 2.(could always put something in the marketplace that let you reset the aa if you find you don't like that tab and want to try another).

For example as a bst. give me three tabs 1 that boost my melee attack, 1 that boost my spells 1 that boost my pet. This would keep people at the same power for each class but some people love to play their classes a little different then others.
  7. Tucoh Augur

There's simply too many classes to add more without interfering with existing classes' boundaries.

I'd much rather they do another round of Dichotomics and give classes a new ability that reinforces their class' style.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Mookus Augur

Perhaps a different fun what if exercise might be.... "What if every character could take one Class AA from any other class, what would you pick?"

As a wizard, maybe SK:harmtouch?
    The clerics in my guild might pick improved invis AA for runs to the Shiknar Queen.
  9. Brickhaus Augur

Auspice of the Hunter ... every day and twice on Sundays. Single most powerful AA in the game, and it's not even close. Great solo, better grouping, and awesome on raids.
    fransisco and Raccoo like this.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

That actually might be an interesting idea. Not entirely 'dual class' but a taste, in a sense, of another class. It might be fun to have a quest that would give an 'unlock' for one other class's Class AA tab but with each at a significantly higher AA cost (i.e 4x AA per point). Even if it was limited to just other classes that share the archetype AA tab, it could be interesting and would lend a lot to customization.

However, balancing something like that would be insanely difficult.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Auspice would be a good one.

My warrior getting a shadowknight's mortal coil would be fun. As would any of my melee getting the paladins blessing of the faithful.

Mortal Coil
    1: Add Killshot Proc: Mortal Coil XXII (30% Chance)
    This passive ability grants your killing blows against non-trivial enemies a 30% chance to trigger Mortal Coil XXII which returns 70% of your melee damage as health and increases your armor class by 2700 points for 2.4 minutes.
    Target: Self
    Duration: 2.4m (24 ticks)
    2: Return 70% of Melee Damage as HP
    5: Increase AC by 179 to 236, Based on Class
    This passive ability grants your killing blows against non-trivial enemies a 30% chance to trigger Mortal Coil XXII which returns 70% of your melee damage as health and increases your armor class by 2700 points for 2.4 minutes.

Blessing of the Faithful
    1: Add Killshot Proc: Blessing of the Faithful XXII (45% Chance)
    This passive ability grants your killing blows against non-trivial enemies a 45% chance to trigger Blessing of the Faithful XXII which increases your base melee damage by 250% and armor class by 3500 points for 2.4 minutes.
    Target: Self
    Duration: 2.4m (24 ticks)
    4: Increase Hit Damage by 250% (v185)
    12: Increase AC by 232 to 306, Based on Class
    This passive ability grants your killing blows against non-trivial enemies a 45% chance to trigger Blessing of the Faithful XXII which increases your base melee damage by 250% and armor class by 3500 points for 2.4 minutes.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Just don't pick an AA that "casts the highest rank you know of..."
  13. Arcolin New Member

1 in game GM for every server
    fransisco likes this.
  14. Smak Augur

Iksar Berzerker or WILD MAGE WIZARD complete with percentile random fun effects...
  15. Iven the Lunatic

See my suggestion. I called it Spellsword. It will be a class in Monsters & Memories and I think that Shawn Lord got inspired by me. But of course it was a D&D class and is also around in The Elder Scrolls. In Might and Magic the archer class does also come close to it.

It could be my favourite class and it would fill an EQ class gap because there is the WAR/DRU (RNG), the WAR/CLR (PAL), the WAR/NEC (SHD) but not a WAR/WIZ (SPE ?) hybrid. It would be a nice INT based counterpart to the ranger but with a completely different gameplay.
  16. Iven the Lunatic

= Enchanter
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Good point. Then melee based shapeshifter.
  18. Act of Valor The Newest Member

19. cromgod New Member

i will love to see a Gaurdian in the game it is one of the best Tank in age of conan who use a twohands weapons for doing multy target dps dmg as well as using 1hands sword and shield for tanking
  20. 6502 Lorekeeper

I think all the archetypes people expect from fantasy game classes are pretty well covered, but if we're going to talk about things that aren't going to happen anyways then 2 or 3 specializations per class to focus on specific gameplay aspects of the class fantasy would be cool. Like EQ is lacking a ranged physical DPS focused class, but if ranger could specialize in bows and be competitive with them it could fill the niche.