When will the next TLP server be released?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bumbkumo, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Bumbkumo Journeyman

Did LFG for about a hour on Oakwynd on my level 50. You would think there would be some group action. Lots of box groups.

Hey how about mercs on day 1 for next TLP so non-box people can enjoy it?

And for all the people who say Mercs shouldn’t be allowed on classic cause it’s not classic - well i don’t remember FTE, random loot, exp/loot modifiers on classic either.
    aFTeRLiFe and Brontus like this.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What guild are you in? What was your plan for finding a group? Did you just log in and turn on /lfg for an hour and then log off with no tells?

There are literally hundreds of groups full of real (non-boxed) players on Oakwynd today. Try to plan a bit ahead of time for expansion launches!
    Rijacki likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

TLP servers are launched once a year in the same May/June time frame.
  4. eqfanforlife Elder

I doubt there are "hundreds of groups" hundreds of people yea.

Its very likely that the majority of groups are boxed considering the majority of folks are there for krono only.
    aFTeRLiFe likes this.
  5. eqfanforlife Elder

The next tlp better be something special because if its another oakwynd clone you can consider eq RIP.

I predict a major drop in population in about a week.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If the same prediction is made enough times it can eventually be right. People have been saying the server is dead or will be dead since before the launch and it seems to be doing fine so far.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Captain Video Augur

They have this already, it's called a Live server.
  8. CdeezNotes Augur

I doubt you understand the definition of the word "majority"
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Critt Augur

you've got a bit of a wait, check back around next March/April for news.
  10. Thewiz Augur

In the meantime Oakwynd will be "ok" til after PoP. It will die the usall TLP death for sure then.
  11. Lineater Augur

Depending on class, you might have to be a little more proactive. Don't be "that guy" who turns on LFG and expects to find a pre-formed group with minimal effort.

Manipulate that mentality to your advantage. Put something like "Chardok group LF1M" (or LF2M to attract boxers) in General and you'll get ten different tells from people who want to join.
  12. eqfanforlife Elder

Yes Oakwynd will become a ghost town after PoP.

Don't worry, mischief will be there waiting with a fun friendly and welcoming community!
  13. eqfanforlife Elder

I doubt you understand the definition of "very likely".
  14. eqfanforlife Elder

A bunch of people trying to farm krono is hardly "doing fine".
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Maybe play a class that can solo? :)
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yet another claim with no evidence to back it up. If it was really people just trying to farm krono they wouldn't have anyone to sell to.
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. TLP Addict Augur

I'm sure the 25th Anniversary server will be an absolute banger ruleset that ticks everyone's boxes and will be completely devoid of krono farmers and bots.

It's gonna be better guys, trust me.
    Vortali, Lineater and jeskola like this.
  18. CdeezNotes Augur

Your cognitive dissonance is ringing off the hook with your string of comments. Claiming oakwynd is probably a majority of krono farmers when praising the single most krono-driven server in the game's history.
  19. aFTeRLiFe New Member

I agree mercs if boxing is allowed on the server. I'm in the same situation. Sat around on my monk and enchanter. I see massive groups boxing and teleporting to camps, such a turn off. It is what it is though, just the state of the game at this point.
  20. eqfanforlife Elder

In my opinion oakwynd is the single most krono driven server in the games history.

My reasoning is based on what i've seen people say in game. Across the board everyone I talk to only went to oakwynd for the krono. The nostalgia train for classic has come and gone.

Mischief is overflowing with gear, flooding the market and making it harder to make krono, more competition.

By contrast on the regular servers, good gear becomes more valuable because it's harder to get.

I find it hilarious you anti mischief trolls contantly changing your takes, I got one guy telling me mischief is the easy mode loot pinata and another guy telling me mischief is only for krono lords.

You people are so off base it's not even funny anymore.
    Muramx likes this.