What's on your EQ QoL wishlist for 2023?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hobs, Jul 6, 2023.

1. Angahran Augur

well it's still annoying :p
  2. Iven the Lunatic

Nm I did red re-turning instead re-tuning.
  3. Windance Augur

Changing guild banners to raid banners.

Server/client stability.

Retiring elite agents for AA's.
    Hobs likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1 guild anchor everyone can port to :)
    Hobs, Koshk, Nennius and 5 others like this.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

Meeko to change their name to Meowko.

A shrine to dogs and cats in the Guild Lobby.
    Metanis, Hobs, Koshk and 3 others like this.
  6. Koshk Augur

AA that summons a Parcel NPC, with the same mechanics/restrictions we already have for similar NPCs (e.g. Banker, Tribute, Peddler, Resupply)
    Dre., Hobs, Sissruukk and 1 other person like this.
  7. Brontus EQ Player Activist

My qualifty of life wish is for the creation of a Suggestions sub-forum. I've never heard a satisfactory answer from Darkpaw as to why this simple request (made by many forum posters over the years) has not been implemented.
    Dre., Hobs, Iven and 1 other person like this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Agreed. On a practical point, it would make suggestions vastly easier to ignore. Efficiency folks.
    Stymie, Marton and Brontus like this.
  9. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I never thought of it that way but you are right. :)

When you think of it, the various class sub-forums provide the same function. I may be wrong, but I don't believe I've never seen a developer engage with posters over there. EverIgnore for the win!
  10. Iven the Lunatic

The forum is outsourced and got bought as a one time bundle I guess. Another reasons would be costs and a poor studio organization. Nobody below JChan seems to have the authority to change the forums and those on the top just don't care. Basically the forums are a minefield for the devs because they do risk their jobs by posting here. It is not that fun to work for game companies. Most is just the facade of fun.
    Metanis likes this.
  11. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I see devs post from time to time but it's still rare. I'm not sure why they'd be risking their jobs by communicating with the EQ community.

Interestingly enough, I checked the job description of the community manger for Darkpaw and they are supposed to send in reports about what is going on in the forums to let the developers know about what the players are thinking about. So if that is indeed happening, that's a good thing.

Darkpaw created a TLP guild recruitment sub-forum quiet recently, so it is is possible to create new sub-forums.

I spoke with Accendo on Discord many months ago and I asked him about the possibility of getting a suggestions sub-forum. He got back to me and told me he went to the devs about it and they didn't think it was necessary. I guess that's where it stands. I'm not sure what else we can do at this point.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Curious as to what way the forums are outsourced?

• contract (work) out or abroad.
      "you may choose to outsource this function to another company or do it yourself"
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pretty sure they purchased the forum software to use and didn't outsource any of it. Though they do need to upgrade to a more recent version of the software.
  14. Iven the Lunatic

It is a theory, a possibility. Things could even be mixed, like that the forums do belong to Daybreak but that the forum admins are part of another company or self-employed.

The devs had grabbed up many suggestions from the forums so it would be wise to put those informations into one place where they could be found easily -> sub-forum.

I even started the Suggestions thread because I was not able to find all my own suggestions anymore, that got scattered over hundreds of posts. Some are still lost. However the format is messed up because suggestions from different people and comments are mixed. There is a strong need for one thread per suggestion to keep it well organized and that is only possible with a suggestions sub-forum. There is a good reason why there is a bug forum already. If the devs do not get the point of a suggestion forum it is really sad.
  15. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I agree. There's no downside to have a specific "Suggestions" sub-forum. By having one place where players can leave suggestions, it would declutter the Veteran's Lounge and the TLP sub-forums and it would save developers time as they could go to one specific place (just like the bug forums) and see what players want.

Daybreak Games owned Lord of the Rings Online MMORPG just revamped their forums and they have a Suggestions sub-forum as you can see in the screencap below:

[IMG]

I don't understand why implementing a suggestions sub-forum is problematic in any way.
    Hobs likes this.
  16. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Right click on any line of text in a chat window --> find out what chat filter it belongs to and then filter it to any other chat window of your choice. Reclassify any chat message that currently falls into the "other" category.
  17. Covfefe New Member

i dont know if it's been mentioned, but i'd really love the ability to zoom out further to see more around me
    Dre. and Svann2 like this.
  18. Iven the Lunatic

Two options:
    1. Use the /viewport command [distance from left, distance from top, width, height]. You can place the UI elements outsise the viewport 3D field. As a side effect it does create less graphic lag. Without using the viewport option, the UI elements will hide much of the viewport 3D field. Negative side effect is that screenshots are also affected by /viewport and will look strange.
    2. Play a ranger or druid: Their self buff lines like Mask of the Stalker and Eyes of the Owl do increase the (angular) magnification (= view angle).
  19. Metanis Bad Company

Upvoting this whole post!
    Ozon likes this.
  20. Domniatric Augur

removing the 2million plat cap or introducing any number of work-arounds that would allow you to utilize the /baz on older/inflated servers.
    Fenthen and Hobs like this.