Is the Challenger's Perk Creating the Experience We Want?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Taladir, Jun 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

This seems like an incredibly stupid policy because there are 7 classes that cant bind all that close to the raids, especially if its open world. No other input besides that.
  2. WokeCat Augur

Oh, I think his actual wording was you will only be offered 0% rezzes.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

You've probably never heard about this happening because on servers without FTE (literally every other server), if you or your group walks into one of these situations with a bind rushing toon using this perk, you could just step in and take the mob from them (out DPS them, memblur, charm...whatever) and that would be the end of it.

The perk turns the FTE mechanic into an exploit, and as of right now it's an Oakwynd specific issue. If FTE is moved to other servers, it becomes an every server issue (probably primarily TLP servers, but I could easily see it happening on Live servers with certain bot groups/guilds).

Locking this perk to the expansion where perks were introduced (CoV I think it was...maybe ToL) fixes this problem immediately.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They also have the option of updating the FTE mechanics to account for it, adjusting where people can bind in zones with open world raid mobs, or just accept that it is a short term problem and nothing needs to be done.
  5. Sehenry100 New Member

I personally just don't care. I'm not competing against anyone, and all the raids I do are almost always in a DZ so whatever exploits people want to do, they just don't affect me really.

I gear up alt's when I need and I play with friends or random people, so if they can make money off this, more power to them.

I don't buy the extra perks, but I have thought about the 10% bonus to tradeskill or 5% xp bonus, just haven't got around to doing it yet. Maybe when Kunark drops, we'll see.

I am not worried about what others do as long as no one in my group is exploiting or trying to KS or just be a jerk, I'm good.
  6. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.