Quest: It's Getting Hot in Here - Cooling Chambers

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ishbu, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Ishbu Augur

This quest needs some fixing. The very first step has you go to a location, observer the traitorous mobs and get an update. It simply does not update.

It appears this quest has never actually worked well. At best people from years ago report getting it to randomly update after dropping and re-acquiring the quest multiple times. I have tried over 30x, I have gone and stood at every possible laborer spawn point and waiting, there is no update happening. Something has to be fixed.
  2. Samueru Journeyman

I've been trying the same for 2 hours. No luck.
  3. Loup Garou De loop de loop

4. Ishbu Augur

I tried every possible suggestion out there relating to this quest, none of it mattered. On day 3 of trying, the third time I dropped the quest and re-requested it, the update finally happened. It happened in one of the spots its supposed to, I didnt have to do anything special, just an instant location update as one would expect.

Obviously Im glad I finally got it, but I still hope something gets tweaked here because this just shouldnt be this time consuming for others.
  5. ~RiLe~ New Member

quest is still soooooo broken. no reason you should have to keep dropping it and getting the quest for hours to get it to work. currently stuck on this and unable to progress.
  6. Trebla7th Augur

I had a similar problem on the second step... first step updated, but the second one never triggered and it never attacked me. I'm not 100% sure it's bugged and not just poorly written/misunderstood, but it's definitely got room for improvement.

My working theory is that when you get the quest (or zone in?), it picks a random traitorous laborer that's up and that's the only one that'll update the quest, so zoning or re-acquiring the quest switches which one will trigger it until it's one of the expected ones.
  7. Dadbod New Member

can Dev's please look into this? its still wacky
    CambarDenten and Lejax like this.
  8. DonovanPumkinKing New Member

Yeah, it would be nice if the devs looked at this quest. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get this to work. Multiple guildees have come down as well. So far in our entire guild, three toons have been able to complete the first step, and they each had different experiences.
  9. Byakko New Member

curious on this as well if a fix will ever come out stuck on this quest as well on mischief
  10. German Augur

You have to take off all your clothes first.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  11. Toukan Augur

A couple years ago, I set my sights on doing all progression that expansion. I ran into that brick wall, tried every possible suggestion from forums and guildies, no luck. Haven't been back. It's mildly amusing that this problem has existed for YEARS and the devs just don't care.
  12. -Vitality- New Member

All the suggestions to get it to work have no impact on it actually working. This will update randomly one time. I tried for days until recently doing hunters with bonus and I got the update just running by. It was the same back in the day as well.
  13. Grau Elder

We've spent about 7 hours trying to get the update for this quest and nothing we've tried works. Tried doing 1 person at a time, tried wiping out every mob out and letting everything reset, tried going to all of the various rooms around the pool, tried dropping and re-getting the quest multiple times. Combinations of all of this.

Trying to do this quest might be some of the least fun I've ever had in this game.
  14. asdfqwerasd Journeyman

i just finished completing this on my 6 box crew. i started on 3/30 and finished the last one on 4/8.

i only got more than one completion per 24 hour period once and this was at two different spots, the rest were only once every 24 hours or longer and the longest period between completions was 3 days.

5 out of the 6 were at the open camp by the lake where the reagent mixing chambers are located. 1 was by the named donan twest. 0 were by eldaa.

i tried staying and killing non stop for 8-10 hour sessions and the only time i ever got it to progress was after camping and coming back after a period of time. the last two i never killed anything except the traitorous when it aggroed.

i did find out that you dont need to kill the traitorous that aggros to progress that step you can kill any traitorous worker once it is on that step.

my recommendations to those going after this task is to come once a day, visit the spots mentioned and if the task does not progress pretty much immediately come back and try the next day. that doesn't mean this is the only way to do this task successfully, however, if i ever do it again that is how i will proceed.