we gave FTE a shot

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wtfagain, May 31, 2023.

1. Wtfagain Elder

now can you please disable it until it's working?
  2. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

There's slight bugs (the biggest I can think of is people's charmed pets not showing when it breaks), but to be honest, FTE saved my bum more times than I could count now.

I was not looking forward to FTE, but I can't tell you how many times someone's pull/train would've steamrolled me if FTE didn't exist in Guk/Mistmoore/Unrest. It's actually a HUGE relief that 20+ mobs have to path back before steamrolling the zone.

Benefits outweigh the cons.
  3. Ruhi Augur

fte has been business as usual for the most part. charm pets, and mez/memblur type scenarios are still weird sometimes, but nothing that's debilitating.
  4. code-zero Augur

Are you telling me that TRAINING isn't even worse because of FTE???? Unbelievable !!!!!!!
  5. Triconx Augur

There will be widespread training.
    People are going to grief entire zones and lock all the mobs.
    All fundamental game mechanics will cease to exist.
    Bots will have an easier time sniping named mobs vs dps racing.

What other sensationalist garbage was spewed ad nauseum on these boards the last 2 months? Looks like now the straw graspers have moved onto blaming exp rates being slowed down. Soon Oakwynd is going to be the cause of famine and genocide. Pretty sure Oakwynd is patient zero for COVID19 as well.
  6. Hashire New Member

I got fte against a 50 bard on Dorn.

The players hating it are proving their REALLY bad or REALLY miss grieving

:)
  7. kizant Augur

FTE has been working for me. It's nice being able to just attack whatever you want without worrying about camps or what other people are doing.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  8. Klokk Journeyman

Dps racing has been working for me. Its nice being able to attack whatever you want without worrying about camps or what other people are doing.
  9. Triconx Augur

Except dps racing doesn't work in classic due to ebolt. Since it calculates all its damage upon cast, necrosis and shams are basically a 1 click win because not much has over 4.2k hp (ebolt total damage is over 2100).

DPS racing is nothing but hopium for people who don't know mechanics.
  10. Kunfo Augur

So people who didn't play the server because of FTE would now be expected to join the server at level 1 a week behind everyone who put up with FTE for the purpose of leveling? Doesn't seem like a solution to me.
  11. Doze Augur

Yes, that was yet another poorly thought through detrimental change to the game that the current dev team was responsible for.
  12. Meeko Developer(Code)

No it doesn't.
    Zapsos, Zrender, Crabman and 7 others like this.
  13. PandAura New Member

14. Obliteration Elder

It's been working very well, took a little bit to figure it all out but I'm loving it so far
    Defenestrated Vase likes this.
  15. Muramx Augur

Haha you think it's bad now? Just wait til classes get those instant or damn near instant cast spells and the spam it on the named mob that spawns until it unlocks. Lol...
  16. Jakken Journeyman

Any chance you can elaborate? That's how its always been assumed to work on every prior server. A necromancer can ebolt a mob at 1% HP and steal it from someone who dealt 99% of the damage. How else could that be possible?
    manglered, WeCameWeConquered and Doze like this.
  17. manglered Lorekeeper

i too would like to read some further proof of this ... i can't tell ya how many ac rings i sold as a necro to people camping it in OOT thanks to ebolt ... but its a lot
  18. TLP Addict Augur

Care to explain how it does work then? There's a reason so many people believe that it applies full damage, and a reason that many krono farmers use Necromancers in early TLPs.

A lot of DPS races in classic have been won by Ebolt despite it not doing 51% of the mobs hitpoints.
  19. Ballzz Journeyman

So you are saying that camps are no longer a thing? It's just a huge free for all where all mobs are up for grabs and whoever tags one gets it thanks to FTE? Not sure if that is what you are implying but if it is that sounds so much worse.
  20. TLP Addict Augur

Yeah Nah, the old days where some NEET could park his butt on a spawn for 18 hours and everybody was expected to "respect" it were far far worse.
    code-zero likes this.