Oakwynd - First TLP to dip to medium population within first week of launch?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, May 31, 2023.

1. Hashire New Member

Yeah EQ is finally dead!

Anyways, anyone remember how amazing Diablo was? So amazing they made a second crappier one??

Let's talk about the third one.....

Can't wait for more mindless hacknslash in IV!!!! Sexist blizzard will definitely get it right on THEIR FOURTH attempt
  2. Klokk Journeyman

Yeah if that data is false then i suppose there are no issues. My concern is low population is going to make things more friendly and FTE will be seen as the reason. the demand was less, and supply stayed the same. Boom FTE is a win and applied moving forward where that may not be a good move under a normal hit server population.

What if the data is accurate? Ill admit watching the eq site is the real way to know but who has the time. Things will show themselves in the end. I hope im wrong and fte is a revival of eq and fixes things. I doubt it today. Oakwynd has its future tbd. There are concerns.

Ill also say high med low is a terrible way to measure pop. I do not know what they mean. I do know the queue was quickly resolved, people seem to always have mobs available, theres no toxicity based on forum posts, no contest, everything is peachy.

Are we honoring camps or is it just not as busy this go round?
  3. sadre Augur

This is a skillfully crafted stupid comment. If I go into my local bar, and I order a stupid comment, a signature drink, this is what I expect. Just a nice brisk shot of fast stupid, takes out a few ranks of neurons, and lets you be on your merry way.
  4. Klokk Journeyman

Reply is funny but to me it is the reason why we didnt start on oakwynd.
  5. sadre Augur

Oh, on topic:

You can't tell a damn thing yet about what is happening on Oakwynd. This is not a throw away. They already have decided to move this to live.

Current play numbers are irrelevant unless we knew internal numbers. And the giant mage navigator guilds, I don't know what that is. Their game vision might enable them to realize new horizons we have not seen yet. For all we know, all the krono farmers discovered that the null space is instanceable and yields a krono per whatever, and so they are all in this wire frame, earning in 10,000 instances of yeah, that first Superman deal, the villains were in.
    Klokk likes this.
  6. sadre Augur

Not up to knock down a few ranks of brave neurons? Eh, I can see that, tbh.

Most folks haven't hit any raiding yet I am guessing. If the grind is knocking people off that beat, that bodes ill even for the krono farmers. No market.
    Klokk likes this.
  7. Kunfo Augur

Server is dying after a week, after devs completely ignored community and came up with a game breaking mechanic no one asked for? Who woulda thunk.
    Kraked, Doze, Familycat23 and 2 others like this.
  8. Klokk Journeyman

What does this mean?
  9. Klokk Journeyman

How is the raid scene? Honestly not being a jerk, curious
  10. TLP Addict Augur

Server is fine, xp rate is standard as others have pointed out. I was initially against FTE but they appear to have actually pulled it off. Props to Meeko and whoever else was involved.

300 people in commons, full LFG window, a dozen picks of the popular leveling zones.

There are guilds quietly clearing all the content as they get to it and are sitting out level 50's because they have so many people. Splitting raids will be a thing by this time next week.

Who cares what some website says about the population, server is doing fine despite the debbie downers trying to claim otherwise.
    Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  11. Critt Augur

I’m always happy to see a new TLP doing well because it means EQ will continue to be around when I’m ready to play again…..That being said, I have no interest or intention to ever play in a FTE version of EQ. I’m glad everyone says it’s not that bad to them… for me FTE would be the end of playing EQ, I’ve never liked that system in any game I’ve played and I would hate to see it implemented on every server.
    Doze likes this.
  12. Vindor Lorekeeper

Extremely happy with FTE so far, the box armies are partially neutralized, the ones that used to train and KS people out of camp. Im pretty sure some are heavily campaining against it.

My main complaint would be that fte prevent you from helping people in trouble you happen to pass by, back in the day it wasnt necessary and i would have been firmly against it, but noways these freaks are such a probleme that i am happy to make this compromise.

In fact even if what the troll says is true im ready to this compromise too.
  13. Magician9001 Augur

Clearly you haven't tried FTE at all. If you did you would know this isn't remotely close to true.
  14. Bullsnooze Augur

Pre-Oakwynd Launch Narratives:
    "Server would be dead on arrival (DOA)"

Post-Oakwynd Launch current Narratives:
    "Server will be dead in a week"
    (.6% possible dip in the population at 5AM EST on a Wednesday proves this).
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Kunfo Augur

Dead in a week = DOA. They didn't even release a second server to try to prop up Oakwynd, and it still goes medium in less than a week. For context, several live servers that have been around for 20+ years and Mischief are both constantly High pop. Lol.
  16. wade_watts Augur

Yeah, exactly. Who knows why these guys are pretending that it's not problematic. Sad to see. Hopefully DPG will produce a better server in 2023. Would be great to have better community engagement overall!
    Familycat23 likes this.
  17. PandAura New Member

You haven't even played on it, your opinion means nothing, the opinion of people who have does. Clown show over here.
    Magician9001 likes this.
  18. Kunfo Augur

Lol of course we haven't played on it, as tons of other TLP regulars, because it has FTE. That somehow means the data about Oakwynd dying is a lie, how?
    Familycat23, Doze and Lawyer like this.
  19. Doze Augur

Well, DBG have done a lot of things since the latest change in ownership and development leadership that I would have never thought that they would have done, but they went ahead and did them anyway. So I wouldn't put anything past them at this point.

Also, you yourself said the following and I think that DBG might be of the same anti-oldschool EQ player mindset.

Rest assured that if FTE proves to be the future of EQ then my (and friends') DBG accounts shall forever remain unsubscribed (they expired in march and we were waiting for the new TLPs, but ... enter FTE ... no go), since with FTE it simply isn't really EQ anymore - the magic is gone.
  20. Doze Augur

Clearly you just haven't encountered anyone (yet) doing that you (good for you), but that just mean it isn't entirely possible nor that you won't soon encounter people doing that you.